• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Advice and Christian LA housing suggestions, needed asap.

Jun 13, 2022
Los Angeles
✟8,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good morning.

I'm going to post the quick and rough, and follow up with more details shortly.

-I am currently helping a sister in Christ (Lutheran), who has been diagnosed for I believe many years with schizophrenia, in the Los Angeles area, who needs safe housing as soon as we can find it. She has income. She's also incredibly sweet.-

That's the immediate need, now some details. This very dear woman is in her late 40s, has been a teacher in the Los Angeles Unified School District for 20 years (If anything would mess you up, man...), was also an actress and comedienne, and... now this is the kicker... has been living in her car for twenty years. ...I know. But for context, It's not uncommon for artists to start out doing this, it's almost a rite of passage for some, many stars have done it which is I think the draw. I did it for like a week, was miserable, ...mosquitos, no AC, not worth it man. But of course past a certain point it's not a youthful adventure but a very unhealthy cycle. That's where we are with her.

As for her issues, I'm no clinician, but what I see looks more like EXTREME sustained stress, living in the world as a Christian, in a car, without walking with Christ, for twenty years.

I've been telling her for almost 20 years that she needs to get out of that thing and get into a home. She has been very stubborn, but she is finally listening to me. She was very worldly for a while; her father was a Lutheran pastor and died very young and I think she was pretty torn up about it. So she dabbled in a lot of "Californian" nonsense; Eastern religions, paganism,.. you get the idea. Invited so much demonic confusion into her "house" that it's no wonder she's traumatized. But she has since repented and is following Christ. She wants a home, so we're trying to find her one.

She has income, means, but I mean she's been living in a car for 20 years (and she's Lutheran... lol... ) so she's impossibly frugal. I know she can afford a reasonable place, but it would be healthiest for her to be around Christians. She definitely doesn't need roommates, she's going to need privacy, but she actually wants to rent (or buy) from Christians.

Her needs are very, very, simple: safe, single occupancy, Christian.

Also, she is a truly wonderful person, an incredible teacher, and has been a really sweet friend.

Thank you to anyone who can help, PRAYERS INCLUDED, and Father please speed this message to Your providential recipient.

Amen.

Thanks so much.