• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Adrenal Fatigue..

S

StarryEyes

Anyone else have adrenal fatigue?? A lot of people go undiagnosed because doctors rarely ever test for this.. I went to an ND and she did a saliva test on me to get to the bottom of it.

But I just wanted to start a support thread for those who do! It can take months or longer to get past this so encouragement and support would be excellent!

Something I'm really struggling with is getting to bed early, and that's part of the treatment.

S

StarryEyes

I'm sorry you have this illness. It is great you are getting treatment for it. I pray that Jesus will also lead you to more healing. God bless.
Thank you Ruth!:hug: It's so good to see you again!! :) Thank you for your encouragement.. God is healing me and teaching me to live for Him, and to live a healthier lifestyle:thumbsup:

How are you??

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you Ruth!:hug: It's so good to see you again!! :) Thank you for your encouragement.. God is healing me and teaching me to live for Him, and to live a healthier lifestyle:thumbsup:

How are you??
I am fine. How are you doing?

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Doing well, thanks :) You still have your birdies??
Yes, I have a new one for 6 mos now-Annieboy.^_^ My baby Lenny passed in July. I am doing a lot better now. I have 2 birds, Lucy is the other. I am so glad you are doing well. May the good Lord keep you!:hug:

Upvote 0
S

StarryEyes

Yes, I have a new one for 6 mos now-Annieboy.^_^ My baby Lenny passed in July. I am doing a lot better now. I have 2 birds, Lucy is the other. I am so glad you are doing well. May the good Lord keep you!:hug:
Thanks, it's so good hearing from you! Are you still around Blessings Exchange?

Awww, what a cute name ^_^ Sorry to hear about Lenny. It's so tough to lose a pet.

Hang in there and keep lookin' up! :hug: God bless!

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I'm GamesFund on BE. I have a game going now that is going slow. BE is slow now. I wish more would come there to have fun and fellowship. Thank you about Lenny, I still get tears when I think of him but was sooooooooooooooo sad before now. It's good to talk with you. Annieboy is a tiny little parakeet and so adventurous. Lucy loves him. I am very up now, thank you! I pray for the Lord's total healing for you. God bless you and keep you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

StarryEyes

Please explain adrenal fatigue, I have never heard the term before.
I was diagnosed type 2 about 10 years ago & this is a new one
to me.

Thank you

God bless.
Adrenal fatigue is just when your adrenal get taxed or too tired.. they are overworked. Some reasons include chronic stress, poor nutrition (eating a lot of "dead" food), poor sleep quality/habits, too much physical activity or not enough physical activity, etc.

There are so many symptoms, I will not list them all here but I'm sure you can do a Google search and find out a lot of info! Actually, I know you can cuz I've done it.

Upvote 0

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Adrenal Fatigue isn't an actual, accepted diagnosis. The supposed "symptoms" and "causes" of it simply don't line up physiologically. Furthermore, doing a single saliva test for cortisol means squat, because cortisol levels naturally vary throughout the day.

Adrenal fatigue: Is there such a thing? - MayoClinic.com

Upvote 0

RuthD

blah blah blah
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2006
Earth
✟191,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Melethiel

Miserere mei, Domine
Site Supporter
Jun 8, 2005
Ohio
✟77,093.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
According to the Mayo Clinic it does exist.

From the link:

Adrenal fatigue is a term applied to a collection of nonspecific symptoms, such as body aches, fatigue, nervousness, sleep disturbances and digestive problems. The term often shows up in popular health books and on alternative medicine Web sites, but it isn't an accepted medical diagnosis.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Anyone else have adrenal fatigue?? A lot of people go undiagnosed because doctors rarely ever test for this.. I went to an ND and she did a saliva test on me to get to the bottom of it.

But I just wanted to start a support thread for those who do! It can take months or longer to get past this so encouragement and support would be excellent!

Something I'm really struggling with is getting to bed early, and that's part of the treatment.

what are the symptoms?

Upvote 0
S

StarryEyes

what are the symptoms?
There are so many.. and they vary from person-to-person.

Some include:
Headaches
Extreme Fatigue
Having an afternoon "low" (tiredness)
Foggy thinking
Lightheaded
Dizzy
PMS symptoms
Irritability
Feeling that your ear/s is plugged
Pressure in head/Feels like your head has been stuffed with cotton (I've had this one for years)
Low blood pressure (also have this)
Getting your second wind at night (I even feel my best at night, when I should be sleeping!)
Nausea
Insomnia
Cold hands and/or feet (sometimes my fingers go numb and turn white)
I think this is a symptom too, but my body temperature usually runs a whole degree below normal.

Upvote 0