California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May God grant you peace during this difficult time. Dede was so much fun to work with. She was an inspiration to everyone who had the privilege of working with her. She was always patient and kind and treated everyone on staff as a part of her family. I will be praying for you and your family :prayer:

Upvote 0

newbeliever02072005

Have Courage to Trust God
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:cry: WOW! I am so sorry for your loss. She was an AWESOME lady and I enjoyed her so much. There has been very few people that I have embraced into my "real life" and Dede was one of them. I have enjoyed the few times we talked on the phone and I'll cherish them as very fond memories of her. She had a faith that was so strong and such an optimistic attitude about life.

Love and prayers to you and your family. Please take comfort in knowing that Dede blessed a lot of people on line here and I am sure she is going to be blessing to those in the heavenly kingdom now!

:cry:

Upvote 0

appletreeblossom

Contributor
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2007
✟31,103.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's something about illness that seems to either bring out the best or the worst in people. In some cases, people chose to let their circumstances make them bitter and depressed. But if there ever was a polar opposite of such behavior, it was (and still is) Dede.

She was my Administrator when I first joined staff... and while I didn't know her personally that well, I can testify that she was a hard worker, she loved the team and was often the glue that kept us Penguenos (team name) together through thick and thin.

Life is truly uncertain, but one thing remains and that is the Love of Christ, in whom we place our trust and Eternity. Right now I just know she's resting her beautiful face on the Shoulder of Jesus, with no more pain and full of Joy unspeakable.
How Gracious the Father who knows that we are only dust... He takes us out of a broken world and into His Presence in a moment.

And it's in times like these we're reminded of our own frailty, that life could be gone at any given time. Like Dede, let us fight the good fight, throw off that which weighs us down and run to win the Good race... let us be compelled to live like we ourselves are dying... love, forgive, reach out without fear, so that we may live in Christ, both here and forever in Eternity.

Dede, we miss you and love you. By the Grace of God, Faith and much prayer, you fought for eight years and won. Rest in peace and well done, sweetheart... well done.

Romans 8:38-39 said:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Dede & I sometimes agreed, sometimes fought but I always liked her.

From A NZ Prayer Book:

This prayer, while not specifically for those who die, does, I think, give us some sense of the welcoming Lord.

Lord,
it is night.

The night is for stillness.
Let us be still in the presence of God.

It is night after a long day.
What has been done has been done;
what has not been done has not been done;
let it be.

The night is dark;
Let our fears of the darkness of the world and our own lives rest in you.

The night is quiet.
Let the quietness of your peace enfold us,
all dear to us,
and all who have no peace.

The night heralds the dawn.
Let us look expectantly to a new day,
new joys,
new possibilities.

In your name we pray.
Amen.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eternal rest, grant unto her, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon her.
May she rest in peace.
Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the precious blood of your divine son Jesus, in union with all the Holy Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in purgatory, for sinners everywhere, those in the whole world, within the universal Church and those within our own homes and families.
Amen.

She will be added to my daily intentions for the repose of the souls of all saints asleep in the Lord and the suffering of loss felt by those who they leave behind until the day we are all re-united in the communion of saints.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some of you might remember her as AdjesumpermariumShe was a mod and admin here for a long time. I willremember her as Denise, my wife. She fought a long and hard battle with breast cancer for over 8 years. It got the best of her body but never her spirit because of her great faith. She passed away to be with God at 2AM this morning in her sleep. Her funeral will be Friday at St Catherine's church in Columbia, Tn at 10:00 in the morning.

She will be greatly missed here. Her heart for the Lord was evident to all. Now she is with Him. May God comfort you in her absence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.