Wiffey

He is my refuge and my fortress...
Oct 27, 2004
✟18,913.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have come to the conclusion that this forum is detrimental to my faith. I have no problem disagreeing with others and discussing a wide range of viewpoints...but when people start questioning the legitimacy of another's faith because they don't agree with them...then it has become nasty.

FWIW, I don't question anyone's faith or their devotion to God. But I recognize that someone can be a faithful Christian and still disagree with me.

I am going because this forum is tainting my perception of the Anglican Communion and negatively impacting my experience of Christianity. My faith is important to me, despite what anyone might say, so I'd much rather leave STR than have it sour an otherwise pleasant experience.

Blessings to all...

higgs2

not a nutter
Sep 10, 2004
✟26,247.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Wiffey said:
I have come to the conclusion that this forum is detrimental to my faith. I have no problem disagreeing with others and discussing a wide range of viewpoints...but when people start questioning the legitimacy of another's faith because they don't agree with them...then it has become nasty.

FWIW, I don't question anyone's faith or their devotion to God. But I recognize that someone can be a faithful Christian and still disagree with me.

I am going because this forum is tainting my perception of the Anglican Communion and negatively impacting my experience of Christianity. My faith is important to me, despite what anyone might say, so I'd much rather leave STR than have it sour an otherwise pleasant experience.

Blessings to all...

I'm sorry. It literally makes me feel sick to think that you would leave this forum because you feel like your faith has been questioned. :( This should be a place where a new Anglican can come and have their decision to become Anglican joyfully affirmed, to be supported in their faith journey, not to be driven away by criticism. I'm sorry. :(

Upvote 0

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wiffey, I'm so sad to see you leave STR, but I don't blame you. I sometimes get so frustrated and upset in STR that I, too, feel like just abandoning it. I don't know why people seem to think they need to convert everyone to their own particular viewpoint, or question the faith of others who hold a different viewpoint. That is not Anglicanism, IMV.

Your posts have been very refreshing to me and to others, and without you, the balance will tip further towards the other side, to the detriment of STR, I feel.

:hug:

I'll see you around, in other parts of CF, I hope! God bless you.

Upvote 0

Naomi4Christ

not a nutter
Site Supporter
Sep 15, 2005
✟269,225.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry to see you go, Wiffey, but I can understand why. I hope you decide to make your break temporary and that we see you back again soon.

I was in a similar situation around Christmas and took a month long break (not from CF, just from STR), which was a good thing for me. Now I feel able to rise above the petty criticism that seems abound, instead of reacting to it.

Upvote 0

She

Apr 23, 2006
✟8,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to see you go, Wiffey. I will miss your witty and amusing posts. But I can understand why you feel like this. I felt like this over on OBOB. They are not a true representation of the Roman Catholic Communion. I can understand how this forum could put you off your own denomination. It is very sad. I'm sure that if Jesus came back, he would not recognise his Church.

God bless.

:groupray:

Upvote 0

Wiffey

He is my refuge and my fortress...
Oct 27, 2004
✟18,913.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your kind words...I have very much enjoyed most of the posts here and the dialogue...maybe I'll be around again sometime. As a fairly new Anglican it just feels rather overwhelming to have some folks deride my faith because I don't see eye to eye with their particular viewpoint. Very destructive, that. So I think I need to stick to my real world community, as opposed to this online one for now.

God bless you...

Upvote 0

junegillam

Sep 17, 2005
✟566.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wiffey said:
Thank you for your kind words...I have very much enjoyed most of the posts here and the dialogue...maybe I'll be around again sometime. As a fairly new Anglican it just feels rather overwhelming to have some folks deride my faith because I don't see eye to eye with their particular viewpoint. Very destructive, that. So I think I need to stick to my real world community, as opposed to this online one for now.

God bless you...

As She said, I don't think Jesus would recognize the beliefs he came to offer if he just read here, Wiffey. I will be sorry to see you gone, too, and hope that your "real world" experiences are more helpful for your journey than these often perturbing online ones.

There is a great book about the online world and the connections to God: The Search for God in the Digital World by Jennifer Cobb.

I was a student in an online Transformative Learning and Change PhD program for five years and whew! there is such an art to learning how to post/participate well!!!!

I wish we were more into trying to learn that aspect of being Christian here--maybe in the future, I hope.

jg

Upvote 0

artrx

listening
Oct 22, 2005
northern VA
✟7,846.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm also going to miss your amusing and thoughtful posts.:( The best thing about this type of forum is the interplay of differing views. i enjoyed and felt supported by yours. Hopefully you will reconsider in the future and drop by occasionally, :) but i understand your need for a supportive community.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.