The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Apart from that, kids benefit from learning as much as possible about the risks of sex, sociology of early pregnancies, and so on. They would also probably benefit from watching inappropriate content and reading books on pick up artistry.

Watching inappropriate content is something that should most definitely not be included in sex education. Not necessarily because it is immoral, but more because it is entirely unrealistic. Real life sex and inappropriate contentography are completely different, and inappropriate content as education will only serve to create false expectations and more STDs.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Apart from that, kids benefit from learning as much as possible about the risks of sex, sociology of early pregnancies, and so on. They would also probably benefit from watching inappropriate content and reading books on pick up artistry.

Watching inappropriate content to learn about sex is like watching Dexter's Lab to learn about science.

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Watching inappropriate content to learn about sex is like watching Dexter's Lab to learn about science.

That is about the most accurate analogy, yes.

Anyway, I feel some combination of the two. Not either abstinence nor safe sex practice alone. Essentially, that abstinence is the only 100% way to be safe in sex, but that, if they feel they must, then there are ways to offer a great degree of protection.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I put abstinence only. A child can be taught why abstinence only is the safest way to get through adolescence. No unexpected pregnancy, no STDs or worse! If a person is determined to have sex there are plenty of places to go for contraceptives, like a drug store, duh! The trojans are out in the open now, not behind the counter like when I was a kid in the dark ages. Give a kid reasons to abstain and I believe that most will!

Agreed. Any kid who can't learn what s/he needs to know about birth control by hanging out in the aisle of a drugstore deserves a lifetime of unplanned pregnancies.

Upvote 0