south wales
✟37,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Visit their public discourse, if they do it. Many of them do. It takes just a bit of googling, I found one immediately, happening in just two weeks, in the public library.

Attendance fees are low, almost symbolic, about 4 euros, mostly.

This is not like meeting or know of someone who's actually been to Antarctica is it ?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,066.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is not like meeting or know of someone who's actually been to Antarctica is it ?
It is. You will be meeting someone who actually been to Antarctica, in these public discourses. You can talk to them, give questions, see their photos, hear their story etc. Thats what the public discourse is about.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟37,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is. You will be meeting someone who actually been to Antarctica, in these public discourses. You can talk to them, give questions, see their photos, hear their story etc. Thats what the public discourse is about.

My question was 'Have you ever met anyone who's been there ? If so please let me know'.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,066.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My question was 'Have you ever met anyone who's been there ? If so please let me know'.
My answer is - you can meet them anytime you want, they are public figures manytimes, in universities, in public libraries. You are very lazy in your actions. Just do it and meet them. Google the next public discourse or exhibition about Antarctica and go there.

It seems to me you think that polar scientists and explorers are some mysterious hidden figures in a secret bunker. They are mostly public figures, working for public institutions, paid from public money and their work is public too. You do not need to be in some secret VIP club to meet them.

I am pretty sure that there are many people who were in Antarctica, in your country.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟37,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My answer is - you can meet them anytime you want, they are public figures manytimes, in universities, in public libraries. You are very lazy in your actions. Just do it and meet them. Google the next public discourse or exhibition about Antarctica and go there.

It seems to me you think that polar scientists and explorers are some mysterious hidden figures in a secret bunker. They are mostly public figures, working for public institutions, paid from public money and their work is public too. You do not need to be in some secret VIP club to meet them.

I am pretty sure that there are many people who were in Antarctica, in your country.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,066.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably, because I studied in various schools and we had plenty of various public lectures. So? What changed for you, now? What matters is that YOU should meet them instead of your dark room conspiracy theories. Get out and go.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,066.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So that's a no...........
If you are unable to find it in your country (I highly doubt that), you can come here. I will find a public lecture or exhibition of somebody who was there, for you. They will probably speak English.

You can, for example, visit this university:

Here is an example of a public lecture in some local high school, by somebody who was building the scientific station in Antarctica:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟37,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are unable to find it in your country (I highly doubt that), you can come here. I will find a public lecture or exhibition of somebody who was there, for you. They will probably speak English.

You can, for example, visit this university:

Here is an example of a public lecture in some local high school, by somebody who was building the scientific station in Antarctica:

It's still a no, you've met nobody who's been to Antarctica.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,066.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What will change for you, if I will go to the university tomorrow and meet some of them?

I doubt you yourself have any idea what you are trying to prove here, now. Do you think these people do not exist? Or what? Stop talking nonsense.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,060,870.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not aware that I've met anyone who's been to Antarctica either. But what if I had?
What if I came on here tomorrow/next week and say "yep, I've met someone"? Would you take my word for it; would my knowing someone who's been there be enough to change your mind about things which you "know" are true?

As has been said, even if you won't go there for yourself, there are lots of other ways you could meet someone who's been there - but you won't.
I imagine it might be quite scary knowing that there are people in this world who could disprove your theories.

Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟37,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I doubt you yourself have any idea what you are trying to prove here

I am trying to prove that the likes of me or you can't go to Antarctica unless you can get permission to go. For permission you need to fill out a form and send it to the 'Office Of Ocean & Polar Affairs'.

Why all the fuss ? Is it really about just protecting the environment or is it about something else ?

@ 1.58

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟37,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not aware that I've met anyone who's been to Antarctica either. But what if I had?
What if I came on here tomorrow/next week and say "yep, I've met someone"? Would you take my word for it; would my knowing someone who's been there be enough to change your mind about things which you "know" are true?

As has been said, even if you won't go there for yourself, there are lots of other ways you could meet someone who's been there - but you won't.
I imagine it might be quite scary knowing that there are people in this world who could disprove your theories.

Read my post above.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,060,870.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am trying to prove that the likes of me or you can't go to Antarctica unless you can get permission to go.
I doubt you'll be able to prove that, because it's false.

Military activity is banned there; visiting it isn't.
You've even said yourself that people can go there but they wouldn't be able to get very far in.

And like I've said before, you could go to a travel agent and ask them. If you could be bothered.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,066.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am trying to prove that the likes of me or you can't go to Antarctica unless you can get permission to go. For permission you need to fill out a form and send it to the 'Office Of Ocean & Polar Affairs'.

Why all the fuss ? Is it really about just protecting the environment or is it about something else ?

@ 1.58
So again, what are you trying to prove, here? Many people have been there and you can meet them easily if you only wanted.

Whether you need to fill some forms, I do not know and it does not matter. I cannot visit even the USA or the UK without filling some forms and without checks and permissions. Its simply the state of the current world affairs that we cannot travel anonymously and without approvals.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,066.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You do not need to speculate:

The treaty stipulates that Antarctica may be used only for peaceful purposes. It prohibits any measures of a military nature, such as the establishment of military bases and fortifications, the carrying out of military manoeuvres, as well as the testing of any type of weapon. It allows freedom of scientific research in Antarctica. In order to comply with this objective, the Parties agreed to exchange information regarding any projects of their scientific programmes and their results. Periodical inspections are arranged as a tool for ensuring compliance with the Treaty provisions. The Antarctic Treaty further prohibits any nuclear explosions in Antarctica and the disposal of radioactive waste material in these areas. For the period when the Antarctic Treaty is in force all previously made territorial claims are frozen.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟37,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
visiting antarctica - Google Search

All these tours do is take you to the islands or the edge, they wont take you right into Antarctica, so I wouldn't waste my time or money by going there.

I just looked up one;
For those with extended holidays and a thirst for a deeper exploration of this remote wilderness, there are expeditions that spend twenty or more days exploring in the Southern Ocean and its unique islands.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,066.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All these tours do is take you to the islands or the edge, they wont take you right into Antarctica, so I wouldn't waste my time or money by going there.
Its safest for the tourists to stay on the edge of Antarctica, of course. These people are not flat earthers trying to prove there is no globe, so they are fine with the islands - its obviously also cheaper.

However, if you really want to go to the literal geographic South Pole, you can, too:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟37,474.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do not need to speculate:

The treaty stipulates that Antarctica may be used only for peaceful purposes. It prohibits any measures of a military nature, such as the establishment of military bases and fortifications, the carrying out of military manoeuvres, as well as the testing of any type of weapon. It allows freedom of scientific research in Antarctica. In order to comply with this objective, the Parties agreed to exchange information regarding any projects of their scientific programmes and their results. Periodical inspections are arranged as a tool for ensuring compliance with the Treaty provisions. The Antarctic Treaty further prohibits any nuclear explosions in Antarctica and the disposal of radioactive waste material in these areas. For the period when the Antarctic Treaty is in force all previously made territorial claims are frozen.

Do you know why they drew up the Antarctic Treaty ? It didn't take them long to draw up the treaty after 'Operation High Jump' in 1946.
Operation High Jump involved 4,700 men, 13 ships (including an aircraft carrier), and 25 airplanes.

Why No One's Allowed To Explore The Antarctic

January 19, 2023
The world’s coldest continent is also one of the most mysterious places on Earth. It’s as unique as it as secretive, and unlike most of the world, you can’t just hop on a flight and tick it off the bucket list. Unless you’re an elite scientist or an emperor penguin, in an effort to protect the area’s biodiversity, regular folk are forbidden to explore the antarctic. Even if you could, good luck overcoming the frostbite-inducing temperatures of nearly -130 degrees Fahrenheit (-90 C). But where did these heavy restrictions come from? It all started when American Navy officer Admiral Byrd put forth plans for a special treaty, one which declared that Antarctica should remain a completely demilitarised zone and devoid of ownership by any one nation...

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,066.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you know why they drew up the Antarctic Treaty ? It didn't take them long to draw up the treaty after 'Operation High Jump' in 1946.
Operation High Jump involved 4,700 men, 13 ships (including an aircraft carrier), and 25 airplanes.

Why No One's Allowed To Explore The Antarctic

January 19, 2023
The world’s coldest continent is also one of the most mysterious places on Earth. It’s as unique as it as secretive, and unlike most of the world, you can’t just hop on a flight and tick it off the bucket list. Unless you’re an elite scientist or an emperor penguin, in an effort to protect the area’s biodiversity, regular folk are forbidden to explore the antarctic. Even if you could, good luck overcoming the frostbite-inducing temperatures of nearly -130 degrees Fahrenheit (-90 C). But where did these heavy restrictions come from? It all started when American Navy officer Admiral Byrd put forth plans for a special treaty, one which declared that Antarctica should remain a completely demilitarised zone and devoid of ownership by any one nation...
Nonsense. You do not need to be an elite scientist, you can be even just a tourist. Basically everybody is allowed to explore the Antarctic, it just must not be a military expedition.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0