• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

About to start taking Byetta (for type 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've heard nausea is the biggie...weight loss, dizziness, that stuff...

Right now I'm just kinda dizzy-ish sometimes and occasional nausea, but that's also a combo of drugs. Blast, I spent my economic stimulus on these drugs. :|

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've heard nausea is the biggie...weight loss, dizziness, that stuff...

Right now I'm just kinda dizzy-ish sometimes and occasional nausea, but that's also a combo of drugs. Blast, I spent my economic stimulus on these drugs. :|

oh i hope it all clears up soon. :hug:

ttyl
hugs
tapero:hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are other typical side effects? As I've been reading this, I've considered if it might be a good change for me as well. I'd love the reduced appetite, though I have to admit I'm an emotional eater big time.

Hi Kristen!

Below is the byetta link, and I couldn't find the side effects when I was just there but somewhere some are listed. There is a link for docs and that is probably where will see all side effects.

But main one is nausea..and as I told Lel, I didn't get that or have any side effects.

So here's byetta's site, they have a toll free number and not sure if they will discuss with you if not taking byetta but they may possibly answer questions. They were very kind when I called.

http://www.byetta.com/index.jsp

I found this blurb about weight loss question on mayo clinic

Although taken by injection, exenatide (Byetta) is not insulin. Byetta improves blood sugar control by mimicking the action of the hormone incretin. Among other things, Byetta allows insulin to work more effectively in the body.

Studies of Byetta found that it not only improved blood sugar control but also led to weight loss. It's unclear exactly how Byetta causes weight loss, but one effect of the drug is that it delays the movement of food from the stomach into the small intestine. As a result, people taking Byetta may feel "full" faster and longer, so they eat less. The most common side effect with Byetta is mild to moderate nausea, which improves with time in most people.

Byetta is designed for people who have diabetes and has not been studied as a weight-loss aid in people with normal blood sugar. If you have diabetes and wonder if Byetta may be helpful, talk to your doctor.

Take care,
hugs
tapero:hug:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.