Penna.
✟8,547.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I don't know if all Christians consider the works of the flesh listed isGalatians 5:19-21, sins.. but here they are anyway.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness,

Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 envyings, murders, drunkennesses, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

However, the way to heaven has nothing to do with our sins..it has to do with believing in Jesus.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

He already died and paid for our sins.. so they are already forgiven if we bellieve in Him

Joh 3:17
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.
Joh 3:18 He who believes on Him is not condemned, but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.

Upvote 0

hannabl

Dec 8, 2004
Göteborg
✟8,655.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
tpony298 said:

However, the way to heaven has nothing to do with our sins..it has to do with believing in Jesus.

Ehrm...:scratch:

True, in a way... our sins are forgiven, jesus died on the cross to ensure that.
But (!) we must accept this forgiveness, we must want to be forgiven. It is not correct to say that all men will be saved if they believe that Jesus exists and died for our sins (James covers that pretty well). Nothing WE can do, by ourselves, saves us.

We're saved by Gods Grace!

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Whatever gets in the way of:

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Love your neighbour as yourself."

Sin is whatever comes between you, and being what God intended you to be. Trying to make a list is absurd.

Upvote 0

tpony298

Aug 27, 2005
Penna.
✟8,547.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
hannabl said:
Ehrm...:scratch:

True, in a way... our sins are forgiven, jesus died on the cross to ensure that.
But (!) we must accept this forgiveness, we must want to be forgiven. It is not correct to say that all men will be saved if they believe that Jesus exists and died for our sins (James covers that pretty well). Nothing WE can do, by ourselves, saves us.

We're saved by Gods Grace!

amen...I stand corected..I am sorry, I was rushing through the post, and missed typing an important point in the process. Thank you for correcting me....I will take my time and be more careful....sincerely, Pony:sorry: :cry:

Upvote 0

hannabl

Dec 8, 2004
Göteborg
✟8,655.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
tpony298 said:
amen...I stand corected..I am sorry, I was rushing through the post, and missed typing an important point in the process. Thank you for correcting me....I will take my time and be more careful....sincerely, Pony:sorry: :cry:

:) Happens all the time...

Upvote 0

AndrewinIdaho

Dec 3, 2005
Idaho
✟15,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For the most complete list of sins you would have to look in the book of the Law, (Leviticus-Deutonamy{sp}) though you cannot be saved by following them it does give you an idea about the behavior that God wants.

The Sermon on the Mount, and Paul/James also give a good list of what isnt correct behavior. Corianthians (by Paul) was written to the most decadent city of the Era it give a good list.

Upvote 0
W

WashedClean

The point of the Law or Ten Commandments was to show man that no one can keep all the laws. And Jesus said if you're guilty of breaking one, you're guilty of breaking all.

The Bible says anything that is not of faith is sin. WOW! That's a lot! Basically, anything that comes naturally to us and feeds our fleshly desires is sin. "Hey, if it feels good, do it". That's our flesh talking. We are utterly helpless without the redeeming grace of God.

Others have given you lists from the Bible, which tell you some of the sins listed. But it's not all inclusive and the heart is deceitful above all things. We can convince ourselves we are good when we aren't. How about asking God to show you your sins? If you sincerely want to know and ask him, he will show you.

God bless,

WC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Galations 5:19 (New Living Translation) When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results: sexual immorality, impure thoughts, eagerness for lustful pleasure,
20 idolatry, participation in demonic activities, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, divisions, the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group,
21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other kinds of sin. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
22 But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, and self-control. Here there is no conflict with the law.

Upvote 0

tpony298

Aug 27, 2005
Penna.
✟8,547.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
WashedClean said:
The point of the Law or Ten Commandments was to show man that no one can keep all the laws. And Jesus said if you're guilty of breaking one, you're guilty of breaking all.

The Bible says anything that is not of faith is sin. WOW! That's a lot! Basically, anything that comes naturally to us and feeds our fleshly desires is sin. "Hey, if it feels good, do it". That's our flesh talking. We are utterly helpless without the redeeming grace of God.

Others have given you lists from the Bible, which tell you some of the sins listed. But it's not all inclusive and the heart is deceitful above all things. We can convince ourselves we are good when we aren't. How about asking God to show you your sins? If you sincerely want to know and ask him, he will show you.

God bless,

WC

well put...amen

Upvote 0

thepianist

Sep 6, 2005
✟5,574.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Toboe said:
Is there a Definitive list of that sins in the bible, that someone can post or give me a link to.

Here's THE sin that sends a person to hell - the sin of unbelief. Pretty plain and straightforward.....if a person doesn't accept Jesus Christ as their Saviour, then they will not go to heaven when they die.

Upvote 0