Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Abolished slavery. Equal rights of women. Fair pricing in transactions. You know them by their fruits.

Now please compare the fruits of the OTHER churches, the ones with the formal theologians, during those same time periods. Why should we trust your interpreters of the Bible, who have burnt people alive? Why should we trust your theological authorities, who have burnt people alive. Your fruit is rotten, so THEREFORE your beliefs must also be rotten. You don't listen to spirits, don't trust them, so you listen to men, and follow them under banners to commit mass murder and conquest.

The rotten fruit proves you're wrong, and that we were wrong.
The good fruit proves they're right.

Excuse me? You think that those who have "burnt people alive" are my personal interpreters? You assume that I follow those people or give any credit or authority to them. I do not. I acknowledge their savagery as completely inexcusable and as proof that they were not sent from God nor following Him. (This is why I am not Catholic and reject the claim of "unbroken apostolic succession.") I likewise reject all the barbarity done by "Protestants."

None of the horrendous misuses of Scripture, however, means that we should simply toss the Bible aside. There are many others who have done so and care nothing for God whatsoever, or worship many gods, and they are just as peaceful, ecumenical and socially conscious as the Quakers. If we forsake the Bible, we have nothing by which to "test the spirits" and we leave ourselves open to deception, (which does not always look evil).

"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, 'Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?'"

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, 'Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.'" - Matthew 24:3-5

"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many." -Matthew 24:11

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." - Matthew 24:24

"Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him." - 2 Corinthians 11:1-4

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." - 2 Corinthians 13-15

"Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee." - 1 Timothy 4:16

" Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."- Jude 3

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world." - 1 John 4:1

Evil does not always look evil. There are many other religious people that have done immense good in terms of social justice and humanitarianism. That does not mean they should be automatically considered sent by God or serving Him. (There are many many Atheists that do untold amounts of humanitarian work, as well as Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, etc.)

I firmly believe the very laying aside or demotion of the inspired word of God, in favour of opening oneself up to guidance from the "Holy Spirit" apart from the Bible, which He inspired, is a huge concern.

Why would Satan not desire to come in and take advantage of that? (Remember, Jesus refuted Satan while being tempted, with "it is written." [Matthew 4:1-11]) We must put on the "whole armor of God" to likewise withstand the devil.

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints..." - Ephesians 6:10-18

Reactions: Haipule
Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excuse me? You think that those who have "burnt people alive" are my personal interpreters? You assume that I follow those people or give any credit or authority to them. I do not. I acknowledge their savagery as completely inexcusable and as proof that they were not sent from God nor following Him. (This is why I am not Catholic and reject the claim of "unbroken apostolic succession.") I likewise reject all the barbarity done by "Protestants."

None of the horrendous misuses of Scripture, however, means that we should simply toss the Bible aside. There are many others who have done so and care nothing for God whatsoever, or worship many gods, and they are just as peaceful, ecumenical and socially conscious as the Quakers. If we forsake the Bible, we have nothing by which to "test the spirits" and we leave ourselves open to deception, (which does not always look evil).

"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, 'Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?'"

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, 'Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.'" - Matthew 24:3-5

"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many." -Matthew 24:11

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." - Matthew 24:24

"Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him." - 2 Corinthians 11:1-4

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." - 2 Corinthians 13-15

"Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee." - 1 Timothy 4:16

" Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints."- Jude 3

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world." - 1 John 4:1

Evil does not always look evil. There are many other religious people that have done immense good in terms of social justice and humanitarianism. That does not mean they should be automatically considered sent by God or serving Him. (There are many many Atheists that do untold amounts of humanitarian work, as well as Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, etc.)

I firmly believe the very laying aside or demotion of the inspired word of God, in favour of opening oneself up to guidance from the "Holy Spirit" apart from the Bible, which He inspired, is a huge concern.

Why would Satan not desire to come in and take advantage of that? (Remember, Jesus refuted Satan while being tempted, with "it is written." [Matthew 4:1-11]) We must put on the "whole armor of God" to likewise withstand the devil.

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints..." - Ephesians 6:10-18
I loved your post! I wonder if people even read the writings' of the earliest church fathers whom were by and large anti-Semitic?

And I personally don't care if they actually knew the Apostle John or were appointed by the Apostle Peter. I little leaven like anti-Semitism will leaven the whole lump. The Apostles certainly did not teach them that.

• Winner
Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I loved your post! I wonder if people even read the writings' of the earliest church fathers whom were by and large anti-Semitic?

And I personally don't care if they actually knew the Apostle John or were appointed by the Apostle Peter. I little leaven like anti-Semitism will leaven the whole lump. The Apostles certainly did not teach them that.

Exactly! Error is still error, no matter how old or far back it goes. Paul addressed such things already in the very early days of the Church.

How wonderful that God, in His grace and mercy has preserved the truth in His divinely inspired word through it all. No ordinary "book" could survive 2,000 years of broken and corrupt history. (More than that if you consider the OT).

Well said.

God bless!

• Agree
Reactions: Haipule
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

Contextualize please.
The tension between the church and the Jews in the early church is something you seem to forget taking into account.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0