Private
✟69,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No it can't. Chriliman specifically used the example of a very early zygote that "isn’t conscious and can’t feel anything." This clearly does not apply to toddlers or five year olds.

Chrillman has not yet told us why one may not kill a sleeping 5 year old toddler in a deep sleep. Can you?

You don't seriously think that's [a sleeping 5 year old toddler] the same thing as a pregnant woman, do you?

? Where does killing the pregnant woman occur in this thread?

If that's what you think this is what I'm saying, then you REALLY don't understand my position at all.

? Your stated position from your posts is that you feel you have the right to kill any child that exists because you engaged in irresponsible sex and feel that you do not want your child to live. Is that right? Irresponsible sex occurs when one engages in a sex act for which one is not open to new life, a natural consequence of the act. "I just wanted to have fun", is a child's excuse for avoiding the responsibility of their acts.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your stated position from your posts is that you feel you have the right to kill any child that exists because you engaged in irresponsible sex and feel that you do not want your child to live.

Literally nobody said that at any point in this discussion. I’d even bet nobody has advocated for that at any point in a discussion related to sex, birth control, abortion, or children. You’re being hysterical and should probably exercise some measure of composure if you expect anybody to take what you say seriously.

Irresponsible sex occurs when one engages in a sex act for which one is not open to new life, a natural consequence of the act. "I just wanted to have fun", is a child's excuse for avoiding the responsibility of their acts.

So is this about protecting the lives of the so-called children or punishing people for “irresponsible sex?” Because it sure sounds like the latter, at which case you need to deal your issues around sex, not try to legislate your way into other peoples bedrooms.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You’re being hysterical and should probably exercise some measure of composure if you expect anybody to take what you say seriously.
We know how you feel. Do let us know if you think of any arguments. Until you post an argument, so long TW.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
? Your stated position from your posts is that you feel you have the right to kill any child that exists because you engaged in irresponsible sex and feel that you do not want your child to live. Is that right? Irresponsible sex occurs when one engages in a sex act for which one is not open to new life, a natural consequence of the act. "I just wanted to have fun", is a child's excuse for avoiding the responsibility of their acts.

Ah, there's your problem.

You assumed that I was saying a sleeping five year old is the same as a pregnant woman. I was not.

When I said, "You don't seriously think that's the same thing as a pregnant woman, do you?" the "THAT" meant "a woman looking at the sleeping five year old."

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ah, there's your problem.
Blame shift? How is it my problem that you have not learned to write coherently?

However, this attempt at blame shifting and "sex is just having fun" disclose a childlike thinking. No need to respond but if I am right you probably will just as any child would.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We know how you feel. Do let us know if you think of any arguments. Until you post an argument, so long TW.

Translation: “I want to be the only one with opinions here and my opinion is indefensible. Better say she’s the problem and blameshift than actually answer for my behavior, or else people will know my opinion is conjecture.”

It’s fine, we already know. Don’t stress yourself.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Blame shift? How is it my problem that you have not learned to write coherently?

However, this attempt at blame shifting and "sex is just having fun" disclose a childlike thinking. No need to respond but if I am right you probably will just as any child would.

Do you deny that sex is enjoyable? I enjoy [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], and I always figured that most other people do too.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you deny that sex is enjoyable? I enjoy [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse], and I always figured that most other people do too.
"Sex is just fun" and "abortion is just a thrill kill". That pretty much sums it up.

The Zodiac Killer terrorized the San Francisco Bay Area in northern California. In cryptic letters he wrote to newspapers, he claimed killing people "is so much fun. ... To kill gives me the most thrilling experience. It's even better than getting your rocks off with a girl."

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"Sex is just fun" and "abortion is just a thrill kill". That pretty much sums it up.

The Zodiac Killer terrorized the San Francisco Bay Area in northern California. In cryptic letters he wrote to newspapers, he claimed killing people "is so much fun. ... To kill gives me the most thrilling experience. It's even better than getting your rocks off with a girl."

It is clear that you are not capable of having a rational discussion about this topic.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟69,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is clear that you are not capable of having a rational discussion about this topic.
What is clear is the wisdom in the 2nd rule regarding arguing with children: "Don’t assume that the child will just stop arguing." So, I'll let the child have the last word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
That would seem the best way to avoid future sin. It’s like when Christians cry at funerals: isn’t the dead person in glory ever after? Why the tears?

The tears aren't for the dead, but for the living... in fairness to Christians. Funerals aren't really about the dead so much as the living.

Not all Christians are so rationalistic. Some forms of Christianity believe mourning is mandated, in fact, and it would be considered wrong to just be glib about death.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Not all Christians are so rationalistic. Some forms of Christianity believe mourning is mandated, in fact, and it would be considered wrong to just be glib about death.
Then surely they are not strong in their faith? They should be ecstatic that their loved ones are safe and in bliss and you’ll see them soon.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Then surely they are not strong in their faith? They should be ecstatic that their loved ones are safe and in bliss and you’ll see them soon.

My pastor would say no human has perfect faith. We live in contradictions and paradoxes as Christians. Or something like that. Simul iustus et peccator (both just and sinner).

Upvote 0