Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Kinda missing my point there, but if you wish to pursue this line, why is it only cases of rape that imply someone is carrying a pregnancy against their will?
I don't believe that I said it was the only case. But wouldn't you agree that the Constitutional prohibition of involuntary servitude clearly applies to rape victims?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe that I said it was the only case. But wouldn't you agree that the Constitutional prohibition of involuntary servitude clearly applies to rape victims?
I think one can make that argument about anyone pregnant against their will.

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
China (2013)—In late 2013, a meta-analysis of 36 Chinese studies found a significant association between IAs and breast cancer (OR = 1.44, 95% CI 1.29–1.59,P < 0.001). Thus, the risk was increased 44% with one IA. These researchers also found evidence of a dose–response risk. At least two abortions increased the risk 76% and “at least at three” IAs increased the risk 89% (both results were highly significant,P < 0.001) (Huang et al. 2013).

Iran (2011)—As has been the case with China and India, more recent data from Iran clearly affirms the ABC link. In 2011, Iranian researchers concluded, “Nulliparity, late age at first birth and abortion were the most important reproductive factors associated with breast cancer risk” (Hajian-Tilaki and Kaveh-Ahangar2011). Incredibly, Muslim women having five or more babies reduced their risk of breast cancer by 91 percent. Each “additional parity” (baby) was found to reduce the risk by 50 percent.

Japan (1957)—Historically, a seminal 1957 report from Japanese researchers found a relationship between abortion and breast cancer (Segi et al.1957).

Russia (1989)—An epidemiological study in the former USSR has likewise found a significant association between abortion rates and incidence of breast (and cervical) cancer (Remennick1989).

Sri Lanka (2010)—Breast cancer is the “commonest malignancy among women in the world as well as in Sri Lanka.” The incidence there has more than doubled from 4.6 per 100,000 women in 1985 to 9.8 in 2005. A case–control study conducted by researchers at the University of Colombo (Sri Lanka) examined 18 potential risk factors. Upon adjustment with multiple regression modeling, only the “controversial risk factor,” “having an abortion” in the past (OR, 3.42; 95% CI, 1.75–6.66), and passive smoking (OR 2.90), significantly increased the risk (De Silva et al.2010). Again, a family history of breast cancer (see Kamath et al.2013) was of borderline significance in the univariate analysis, and not related to risk after adjustment. Breast-feeding significantly lowered the risk of breast cancer in a dose–response manner (De Silva et al.2010).

Upvote 0

tiglathpileser

Jan 8, 2016
Australia
✟9,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Involuntary servitude. Or don't you believe the Constitution protects women who have been raped.

Involuntary servitude. Can you tell me what is involuntary servitude about a woman who was raped deciding to give birth the rapist baby and loving the child as if it was her own and born under natural circumstances?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think one can make that argument about anyone pregnant against their will.
If one willingly consents to sex they know that pregnancy could result. A rape victim has no such option.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Involuntary servitude. Can you tell me what is involuntary servitude about a woman who was raped deciding to give birth the rapist baby and loving the child as if it was her own and born under natural circumstances?
I believe I said if she is forced to carry the fetus to term against her will. Choosing to carry the fetus to term wouldn't be doing it against her will would it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
China (2013)—In late 2013, a meta-analysis of 36 Chinese studies found a significant association between IAs and breast cancer (OR = 1.44, 95% CI 1.29–1.59,P < 0.001). Thus, the risk was increased 44% with one IA. These researchers also found evidence of a dose–response risk. At least two abortions increased the risk 76% and “at least at three” IAs increased the risk 89% (both results were highly significant,P < 0.001) (Huang et al. 2013).

Iran (2011)—As has been the case with China and India, more recent data from Iran clearly affirms the ABC link. In 2011, Iranian researchers concluded, “Nulliparity, late age at first birth and abortion were the most important reproductive factors associated with breast cancer risk” (Hajian-Tilaki and Kaveh-Ahangar2011). Incredibly, Muslim women having five or more babies reduced their risk of breast cancer by 91 percent. Each “additional parity” (baby) was found to reduce the risk by 50 percent.

Japan (1957)—Historically, a seminal 1957 report from Japanese researchers found a relationship between abortion and breast cancer (Segi et al.1957).

Russia (1989)—An epidemiological study in the former USSR has likewise found a significant association between abortion rates and incidence of breast (and cervical) cancer (Remennick1989).

Sri Lanka (2010)—Breast cancer is the “commonest malignancy among women in the world as well as in Sri Lanka.” The incidence there has more than doubled from 4.6 per 100,000 women in 1985 to 9.8 in 2005. A case–control study conducted by researchers at the University of Colombo (Sri Lanka) examined 18 potential risk factors. Upon adjustment with multiple regression modeling, only the “controversial risk factor,” “having an abortion” in the past (OR, 3.42; 95% CI, 1.75–6.66), and passive smoking (OR 2.90), significantly increased the risk (De Silva et al.2010). Again, a family history of breast cancer (see Kamath et al.2013) was of borderline significance in the univariate analysis, and not related to risk after adjustment. Breast-feeding significantly lowered the risk of breast cancer in a dose–response manner (De Silva et al.2010).
Your links don't cite to the studies themselves but rather to a paper about the studies. This is not a credible source as it is biased. The paper is dedicated to St. John Paui II. While I have a great amount of respect for John Paul II, the Ronan Catholic Church strongly opposes abortion so this is s biased source. Further two of the studies cited are very dated, 1957 and 1989, and given the political situation in Iran I wouldn't trust any studies coming out if that country.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
ADMIN HAT ON

Due to the fact that there have been two mod hats, and we still have multiple reports for flaming, I'm closing this thread permanently.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.