• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Aaarrgghhh!!!

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Wolseley, May 22, 2019.

1. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+1,599
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Woke up this morning feeling like all the moisture had been sucked out of my lungs. I have done nothing but cough, sneeze and wipe my runny nose all day today. My voice sounds like Lou Rawls trying to imitate the opera singer in the Bugs Bunny cartoon. My eyes have been dry and scratchy all day.

I know what's causing it. Every ornamental fruit tree in Michigan has popped its flowers in the last few days.....these allergies are whuppin' my behind this year. :(

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+21,711
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Prayers for you Wols and take some allergy meds! Lots of people suffer this in the Spring. Even I have been coughing. My husband has to watch for sinus infections this time of year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Chrystal-J

Chrystal-J the one who stands firm to the end will be saved Supporter

+1,576
    United States
    Catholic
    Widowed
    US-Others
    I've been suffering with allergies a lot this spring too. Praying you feel better!

• Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Wolseley

+1,599
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh, I've been taking Loratadine for the past two weeks, Michie; but for whatever reason, it doesn't seem to be doing the trick this spring. Or maybe it is---if it's this bad with me taking the stuff, I might be shocked to see what it's like without it. Or maybe the pollen is just particularly bad this year, I don't know.

5. Wolseley

+1,599
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thanks, Chrystal! :)

6. Michie

+21,711
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I have never had problems with allergies at all. This year? Eyes are itching. My nose runs. I have a dry cough every time I step outside... Etc. it's bad imo. And I'm not suffering nearly as bad you.

7. Wolseley

+1,599
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I don't usually have problems this bad, either; this year seems to be just awful. And, I guess judging from the winter we just had (which was also pretty bad) the spring we're having wouldn't be any different. Extremes seem to abound here lately.

8. Michie

+21,711
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I think you hit the nail on the head. It has been a year of extremes in our areas. I think all four seasons are going to produce the fruits of that. Good and bad.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List