Feb 18, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
✟72,703.00
Faith
Christian
Where Have All the Flowers Gone?

HEADLINE:

I am starting this message with a very nice song by the Kingston Trio. It asks the question, “Where have all the flowers gone? The answer is, “young girls picked them every one”. It continues to ask, “Where have all the young girls gone” and it also supplies an answer, “gone to young men every one”. Again the song inquires about the “Where have all the young men gone”? This time the answer is they have “gone to soldiers every one”. A change occurs and the song asks about the soldiers. “Where have all the soldiers gone”? The answer is they have “gone to graveyards every one”! You might think this would be the end of the inquiry, but it is not the end. Instead the song asks about the graveyards, “Where have all the graveyards gone”? The surprising answer completes a cycle! The “graveyards become flowers” again.

What does this have to do with Creator-God and His great skill in spreading light right under our noses? He can use folk music artists and pop music artists to spread light even if men do not read a Bible. If men listen to popular singers and enjoy their music, that is a venue and means for Him to reach His children.

Psalm 19:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. 2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. 3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. 4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,

So if I ask you, “Where have all the flowers gone (children of men), a long time passing”? How would you respond? You could say, they aged and their beauty and fragrances faded away. Finally, they died. But the song says, “young girls picked them”. This happens when young men marry young ladies. Because we live in the bottomless pit prison full of convicted devils, they enjoy causing man’s inhumanity to man and warfare among nations. This unfortunate TRUTH makes “young men go to soldiers”. Soldiers also die as a result guns, bullets and bombs, severe war injuries, and their bodies “go to graveyards”. Perhaps the song writer (used as a tool in Father’s hand) was ministering light by stealth. The song asks, “Where have all the graveyards gone, a long time passing”? through all the generations of mankind from Adam’s time. The songwriter also answers that question without offering any proof! He concludes that the “graveyards have gone to flowers, every one”. Here is the proof he did not reveal in song. Here comes Jesus to answer that question.

John 5:25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

Hosea 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Luke 15:20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. 21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. 22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: 23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: 24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.

Luke 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection. 37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. 38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

Matthew 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

II Baruch 51:7 But those who have been saved by their works. And to whom the law has been now a hope, And understanding an expectation, And wisdom a confidence, Shall wonders appear in their time. 8 For they shall behold the world which is now invisible to them, And they shall behold the time which is now hidden from them: 9 And time shall no longer age them. 10 For in the heights of that world shall they dwell, And they shall be made like unto the angels, And be made equal to the stars, And they shall be changed into every form they desire, From beauty into loveliness, And from light into the splendour of glory. 11 For there shall be spread before them the extents of Paradise, and there shall be shown to them the beauty of the majesty of the living creatures which are beneath the throne, and all the armies of the angels, who [are now held fast by My word, lest they should appear, and] are held fast by a 12 command, that they may stand in their places till their advent comes.

Isaiah 40:29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: 31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Revelation 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

II Esdras 5:33 He said to me, 'You are in great sorrow of heart for Israel's sake. Do you 34 love Israel more than Israel's Maker does?' 'No, my lord,' I said, 'but sorrow has forced me to speak; my heart is tortured every hour as I try to understand the ways of the Most High and to fathom some part of his judgements.' 35 He said to me, 'You cannot.' 'Why not, my lord?' I asked. 'Why then was I born? Why could not my mother's womb have been my grave? Then I should never have seen Jacob's trials and the weariness of the race of Israel.' 36 He said to me, 'Count me those who are not yet born, collect the scattered 37 drops of rain, and make the withered flowers bloom again;

The angel who taught Ezra is now helping me with this document by asking Ezra about making the dead flowers bloom again. You will observe that this song starts with the disappearance of "flowers". In real life we know what seasonal change does to flowers. They wither and die. BUT JESUS makes this song an expression of Heavenly reality. He robs the graves of the bottomless pit and RENEWS his brothers and sisters above and they become glorious, beautiful angelic flowers, a marvelous bouquet for Mother Zion.

Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

“Angels REAPED them, every one”! The Father and the Son called their names, and all those generations of former human beings are now mature angels who STAND before them.

Psalm 22:27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. 28 For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations. 29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul. 30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. 31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Psalm 145:4 One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts. 5 I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works. 9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. 10 All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee. 11 They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power; 12 To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom. 13 Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.

Isaiah 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.

Isaiah 40:6 The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: 7 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. 8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Romans 14:7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. 10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Revelation 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

So “Where Have All the Flowers Gone” is just another beautiful rendition of Father’s TWO-STEP plan for humanity. Beautiful human children are the flowers grown in the clay fields of the earth. We suffer oppression, abuses, and indignities by the hands of invisible demonic captors while in their prison-house. Soon our beauty withers, and we die. But because Jesus is a grave robber, we are RENEWED again into the beautiful angelic flowers of glory. And Mother Zion is very pleased to have us surround Her as a bridal gown.

Isaiah 49:14 But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. 15 Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. 16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. 17 Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee. 18 Lift up thine eyes round about, and behold: all these gather themselves together, and come to thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doeth.

Last edited:

jugghead

Growing
May 25, 2015
Smyrna, TN
✟24,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I too see His truth not only in the Bible, but in songs and movies as well ..... this reminded me of one verse in the song:

"I know you're out there somewhere" by the Moody Blues

The words that I remember from my childhood still are true
That there's none so blind as those who will not see
And for those who lack the courage say it's dangerous to try
But they just don't know that Love eternal will not be denied

Thank you for sharing what He shows you

Reactions: goodnewsinc
Upvote 0