Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Michigan Crud made a thorough sweep of my son's school late last month; most of the kids were out with it for two weeks or better. Naturally, he caught it, and naturally, he brought it home and gave it to his mother and me. I spent about a week in bed, and had the energy level of a squashed gnat.

We were all finally over it, save for a little bit of a dry cough and some residual post-nasal drip. Now for Round Two: the kid calls me from school Friday at noon, says he has a massive migraine headache. I went and picked him up, and about 9:00 that night, he comes up and his teeth are chattering so hard he can't even talk straight. Mom checks him out, he's running a fever. We give him an analgesic and extra blankets, and he goes back to bed.

Today we kept him home from school. He and I both have constant wracking coughs, my nose is running, and my wife has done nothing but sneeze. :(

In addition to this fun, I'm dealing with a military anniversary date (mid-January to late February) pertaining to an extremely stressful operation that I was on....my nerves have been wound up tighter than a eight-day clock, and at least twice a week for the last month I have woken myself up, shrieking from nightmares, a couple times loud enough to wake everybody in the entire house. (sigh) I don't think the nightmare suppression drug the VA has me on is doing it's job, even though I'm taking the maximum dose. I have to see the shrink at VA on Thursday this week; I'll discuss it then.

Momma's been on my case for being short-tempered and grumpy, and all of the usual little balderdash that one has to deal with on a day-to-day basis just drives me up a wall; at times all I want to do is run off to a warm beach and sit there with my feet in the sand and watch the surf all day long. :(

beach.jpg

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, I think I know what I'm fasting from this Lent: good health! :rage:

I'm currently dealing with Round Two of this awful crud; I've had a wracking cough similar to whooping cough for three days now; today my nose has run constantly, and I nearly don't have enough energy to keep my head lifted up. I had to get up and go in for a psych eval at VA this morning (which went well---the shrink said I am still totally and completely insane), and after that was done, I asked to be seen by the corpsman.

The corpsman said my lungs were clear, but I had a lot of upper respiratory mucus. He called in my primary, who looked me over and immediately prescribed a five-day course of antibiotics. So apparently, I have a bacteriological infection in my sinuses, which is causing the post-nasal drip, which is causing the cough, which is laying me low.

Make a sacrifice for Lent? Not **this** year, Breeze....I already have all I can deal with right now. :rage:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I'm currently dealing with Round Two of this awful crud; I've had a wracking cough similar to whooping cough for three days now; today my nose has run constantly, and I nearly don't have enough energy to keep my head lifted up. I had to get up and go in for a psych eval at VA this morning (which went well---the shrink said I am still totally and completely insane), and after that was done, I asked to be seen by the corpsman.

The corpsman said my lungs were clear, but I had a lot of upper respiratory mucus. He called in my primary, who looked me over and immediately prescribed a five-day course of antibiotics. So apparently, I have a bacteriological infection in my sinuses, which is causing the post-nasal drip, which is causing the cough, which is laying me low.

Make a sacrifice for Lent? Not **this** year, Breeze....I already have all I can deal with right now. :rage:
Praying you recover soon! Sounds miserable. :(

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I'm glad that you got the meds you need to kick this stuff in the butt.
you might also ask them for an inhaler and some meds that will help to loosen the crud in your lungs, and a cough syrup as well.
That's what I finally had to resort to, but it did the trick.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Lord have mercy ~ continued prayers :crossrc:

Upvote 0