A TV show showed a gay marriage with it resulting in a miracle saving the planet.

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Homosexuality has never been considered "normal" in any society,
not true but not the issue is it?

I mean by the same token not many societies considered racial equality "normal" either. Does that fact make racism acceptable?

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Forgive me you know better then to say this. Homosexuality is a sin and is an abomination to God.
So is popcorn shrimp.

You know that was all he was talking about no more no less. To bring black people in to this.. to even say that. He didnt you did. So maybe dial it back a bit
Prejudice is prejudice no matter who it is directed against. Complaining about same sex couples on television is no different from complaining about interracial couples just as seeing gay people on television is no different than seeing blacks or Jews or the handicapped on television.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I find it silly for the purveyors of entertainment to make a point of ensuring a cast is inclusive just to be seen as being inclusive. Which is what I see happening often. Additionally I find secularists preaching to be a bit condescending. However, if they believe must do so for some psychological, ideological or profit driven reason then suppose they must. I on the other hand do not need to subject myself to their entertainment sermons.
David Gerrold was a writer for the run of original run of the television series Star Trek back in the 60's. He wrote The World of Star Trek in 1975 as a history of the show and how it came to being and how it has shaped popular culture. In it he describes the fight the shows producer Gene Roddenberry has to go through first with the network to have minorities cast as major characters and then with many affiliate stations. When the show was about to premiere a large number of affiliates in the deep south announced they would not air the program without first seeing it because they had heard rumors that the show had minorities playing military officers on the show. This was apparently quite offensive. The studio producing the show immediately produced two episodes of the show that did not include George Taki or Nichelle Nichols and had Caucasian actors in their place to show to the southern affiliates.

In an interview in the book Roddenberry talked about the ideological reasoning for including minorities in the cast, none of them had to do with profit.

Upvote 0

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Prejudice is prejudice no matter who it is directed against. Complaining about same sex couples on television is no different from complaining about interracial couples just as seeing gay people on television is no different than seeing blacks or Jews or the handicapped on television.

This is false. On the contrary: a homosexual relationship (in a romantic and sexual sense) is incapable of ever being truly good intrinsically, but interracial relationships, black relationships and so on, Jews, and the handicapped, proper relationships between all of them, can be truly good. They are most certainly not the same.

• Agree
Reactions: iarwain
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
This is false. On the contrary: a homosexual relationship (in a romantic and sexual sense) is incapable of ever being truly good intrinsically, but interracial relationships, black relationships and so on, Jews, and the handicapped, proper relationships between all of them, can be truly good. They are most certainly not the same.
Go read some history. Racists spent decades regaling the fact that non-whites were little better than animals incapable of engaging in any form of love beyond lust. They said the same hateful things about interracial couples a generation ago that they were incapable of being good. The minority this sort of rhetoric is being directed at has changed (mostly) but the sickness behind it is still the same.

Upvote 0

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Go read some history. Racists spent decades regaling the fact that non-whites were little better than animals incapable of engaging in any form of love beyond lust. They said the same hateful things about interracial couples a generation ago that they were incapable of being good. The minority this sort of rhetoric is being directed at has changed (mostly) but the sickness behind it is still the same.

"Read some history" is vague, give me books and citations. I see people say this often and it is a pet peeve. Whenever I want to tell someone to read about something I give them direct books and citations of what I think is good. For instance, one of the best books on the history of racism (emphasizing Native Americans and Africans) is "Africans and Native Americans: The Language of Race and the Evolution of Red-Black Peoples" by Dr. Jack D. Forbes, and all of his work on the subject is good. I am aware of the history of racism and such anyway, thanks to such greats as him and many others...

But here is the crucial difference: I'm right and they're not, for God agrees with me and not with them.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
"Read some history" is vague, give me books and citations. I see people say this often and it is a pet peeve. Whenever I want to tell someone to read about something I give them direct books and citations of what I think is good. For instance, one of the best books on the history of racism (emphasizing Native Americans and Africans) is "Africans and Native Americans: The Language of Race and the Evolution of Red-Black Peoples" by Dr. Jack D. Forbes, and all of his work on the subject is good. I am aware of the history of racism and such anyway, thanks to such greats as him and many others...

But here is the crucial difference: I'm right and they're not, for God agrees with me and not with them.
Racists say God agrees with them.

Upvote 0

Incendiary Minds

Aug 8, 2021
SF Bay Area
✟18,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Very interesting subject. Now I don't have any streaming capabilities for television, phone or tablets, nor desktop so television is on rarely. I haven't seen ONE "homosexual" scene sex or otherwise right down to even holding hands on Cable TV. Now there was this very cute Chewy online service for pets with two very lovely English pointers in it frolicking around, with what I THOUGHT was a Gay couple. Turns out that after several times viewing the commercial, one person that I thought was a Man turned out to be a Grey haired, rather just above flat chested Woman in a shirt ( appropriate, she the other guy and the dogs were sitting on the grass). Now a still VERY popular show is and was- still IS Supernatural. Despite what many fans accused rightfully so of sending out lures to lure LGBT people to watch the show - the main characters had to act out ( until the Actors in the Real Life got married to Women) so blatantly HETEROSEXUAL just to not sink as a show appealing to the ever demanding homophobles in Flyover County!

Contrast this to violence- just Sunday a documentary was on about a 16 year old who killed and tortured a stranger burying him in a shallow grave, only to brag about it to anyone who would listen and to add insult to injury he and his buddies and hangers on would come back to the scene of the crime time and time again to Urinate on this shallow grave , a grave which didn't stop the wildlife from attempting to EAT the body.

The kicker to this show was that they ACTUALLY showed photos of the mummified flesh, decaying flesh and so forth- now one has to ask is this show for law enforcement? Forensics students? No ! It's for ENTERTAINING THE PUBLIC! Now I was so put off by this and knowing that Law and Order SVU was competing for time elsewhere, I just bailed out of tv watching until much later when one can watch travel shows etc; although in the United States right now GORE for the Halloween season is the order of the day ! No shows about harvest time, families, fun fairs etc; gore up over the neck.

I think that violence not "Homosexuals nor a Homosexual agenda " is the top of list for tv these days. But you will find it If you look hard enough for it!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that violence not "Homosexuals nor a Homosexual agenda " is the top of list for tv these days. But you will find it If you look hard enough for it!

Hello! Interesting post. I think TV channels meet their market, there is a public appetite for violence and murder on TV, so the TV channels provide violent content. If no-one watched it then it wouldn't be on air. God Bless :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Incendiary Minds

Aug 8, 2021
SF Bay Area
✟18,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello! Interesting post. I think TV channels meet their market, there is a public appetite for violence and murder on TV, so the TV channels provide violent content. If no-one watched it then it wouldn't be on air. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Incendiary Minds

Aug 8, 2021
SF Bay Area
✟18,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you for your post.Oh truly! A&E was the channel that glorified this tragedy I described in my above post- the point of the program was to follow up on US law which made it illegal to give minors the death penalty ( trying them or sentencing them as adults) rather than rehabilitation. They interviewed the murderer now in his late 30s- he says he feels regrets.

However, a casual reading of online public replies on crime from Yahoo, etc; shows how beastly bloodthirsty Americans are- cries, of fry em, let them be raped in prison, etc; are the norm, not the exception. Compassion is long dead . Scandinavians and the Netherlands look on with profound horror. Is Puritanism really Christ like?
But people foam at mouth about 2 men holding hands...

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟406,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well les see, there are two series I recall that are on Netflix which show homosexuality.

Atypical and The Knightfall.

I can't get use to seeing two men making out, it just disgusts me.

Two women, isn't so bad and I recently discovered that the majority
of homosexuals are women, not men. It's lie a 60/40 % ratio.

Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟406,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One might ask why the obsession with gay people
by the entertainment community?

(Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLAAD

With each annual report, glaad calls for higher and
higher lgbtq representation in entertainment.

GLAAD: We Want ‘20% Of Series Regular Characters’
To Be ‘LGBTQ By 2025’
https://www.dailywire.com/news/glaad-we-want-20-of-series-regular-characters-to-be-lgbtq-by-2025

They call for 20% or more, but actual LGBT Population was 4.5%

May 22, 2018 In U.S., Estimate of LGBT Population Rises to 4.5%
In U.S., Estimate of LGBT Population Rises to 4.5%

GLAAD’s push for overrepresentation could be a factor in the
overestimation of the actual LGBT population by many Americans.

Groups like GLAAD have a powerful presence and incredible influence
in society. glaad is using the powerful vehicle of entertainment media.

• Agree
Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,073.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For those who may remember, Kenneth Tynan, on the BBC3 channel used the f-word for the first time on television in 1965. Today it's a pretty common word.
That's a pretty good example of a slippery slope. Our culture sinks further and further into depravity. We'll only slip faster if there is no one to raise objections. For those who have families, don't you want your children to be raised in communities with good family values and morals? Or would you rather they be raised in festering sin holes?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a pretty good example of a slippery slope. Our culture sinks further and further into depravity. We'll only slip faster if there is no one to raise objections. For those who have families, don't you want your children to be raised in communities with good family values and morals? Or would you rather they be raised in festering sin holes?

Hi @iarwain

For my family, they will be raised with the godly values that I teach them at home with the Scriptures. You see, the problem with your position, is that without the Scriptures to define 'what' are good family values, that then becomes a subjective matter.

All those who support the current 'broken family' scenario that we see exampled today, think that the 'broken family' value is 'good family values'. People who support homosexuality as just a life choice, don't see anything wrong with homosexuals marrying and practicing 'family'. We even teach in our schools that our children have to 'honor' one's choice to practice homosexual, or any of the other half dozen or so immoral sexual practices. But it isn't just same sex or gender identity issues that break down 'good family values'. A divorce rate that is running about 50% and fornication practiced by good ole heterosexuals is just as damaging.

But, as far as how fast we're going to 'sink' into this depravity, I think the Scriptures are pretty clear that we've been 'sinking' into this depravity since at least Paul's day. After all, he's the one who wrote to us of all the practices through which we are 'sinking' into depravity. Sure, I'd rather they not be raised in 'festering sin holes', but for the wise parent, they'll realize that the Scriptures promise us that those 'festering sin holes' are going to come, their children need to be taught to not become a part of it. To, as the Scriptures declare, be apart from the world while still being in the world.

You know, I find it telling that in Paul's warning to us of how depraved the world would become, (Romans 1:18-32) he didn't then encourage us to go out and change the world by fighting all these evils mentioned. Paul's, and Jesus', method was to teach the lost about Jesus and the cross and then let the Holy Spirit do that job within those individuals who would believe.

God bless,
Ted

Reactions: iarwain
Upvote 0

IntriKate

Nov 23, 2019
✟105,464.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It seems that every single show on Netflix has homosexual scenes in it. It's become disgusting.

I'm not against homosexuals. They can do what they want. But not in my living room!!!

Same, every show on netflix has the resident gay or gay couple. Reeks of desperation to push an agenda

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,073.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You know, I find it telling that in Paul's warning to us of how depraved the world would become, (Romans 1:18-32) he didn't then encourage us to go out and change the world by fighting all these evils mentioned. Paul's, and Jesus', method was to teach the lost about Jesus and the cross and then let the Holy Spirit do that job within those individuals who would believe.
Agreed, but apparently we aren't doing enough of it, because our message is getting overwhelmed by the secular humanists. And most likely, the more we do it, the more pushback we are going to receive from the world. But I want to point out that Jesus and the apostles DID preach repentance and against sin. They didn't ignore it, or make excuses for it.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sexual immorality has always been popular in secular entertainment. There have been endless movies and TV shows going back decades that have had couples who were not husband and wife having sex. Even way back in the 30s through 50s while no scenes of the couple in bed together were shown, it was made obvious that they had engaged in either fornication or adultery.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0