A TV show showed a gay marriage with it resulting in a miracle saving the planet.

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Very interesting subject. Now I don't have any streaming capabilities for television, phone or tablets, nor desktop so television is on rarely. I haven't seen ONE "homosexual" scene sex or otherwise right down to even holding hands on Cable TV. Now there was this very cute Chewy online service for pets with two very lovely English pointers in it frolicking around, with what I THOUGHT was a Gay couple. Turns out that after several times viewing the commercial, one person that I thought was a Man turned out to be a Grey haired, rather just above flat chested Woman in a shirt ( appropriate, she the other guy and the dogs were sitting on the grass). Now a still VERY popular show is and was- still IS Supernatural. Despite what many fans accused rightfully so of sending out lures to lure LGBT people to watch the show - the main characters had to act out ( until the Actors in the Real Life got married to Women) so blatantly HETEROSEXUAL just to not sink as a show appealing to the ever demanding homophobles in Flyover County!

Contrast this to violence- just Sunday a documentary was on about a 16 year old who killed and tortured a stranger burying him in a shallow grave, only to brag about it to anyone who would listen and to add insult to injury he and his buddies and hangers on would come back to the scene of the crime time and time again to Urinate on this shallow grave , a grave which didn't stop the wildlife from attempting to EAT the body.

The kicker to this show was that they ACTUALLY showed photos of the mummified flesh, decaying flesh and so forth- now one has to ask is this show for law enforcement? Forensics students? No ! It's for ENTERTAINING THE PUBLIC! Now I was so put off by this and knowing that Law and Order SVU was competing for time elsewhere, I just bailed out of tv watching until much later when one can watch travel shows etc; although in the United States right now GORE for the Halloween season is the order of the day ! No shows about harvest time, families, fun fairs etc; gore up over the neck.

I think that violence not "Homosexuals nor a Homosexual agenda " is the top of list for tv these days. But you will find it If you look hard enough for it!

Genesis 6:5
And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Matthew 24:37
But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

It is a prophecy being fulfilled

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi @iarwain

For my family, they will be raised with the godly values that I teach them at home with the Scriptures. You see, the problem with your position, is that without the Scriptures to define 'what' are good family values, that then becomes a subjective matter.

All those who support the current 'broken family' scenario that we see exampled today, think that the 'broken family' value is 'good family values'. People who support homosexuality as just a life choice, don't see anything wrong with homosexuals marrying and practicing 'family'. We even teach in our schools that our children have to 'honor' one's choice to practice homosexual, or any of the other half dozen or so immoral sexual practices. But it isn't just same sex or gender identity issues that break down 'good family values'. A divorce rate that is running about 50% and fornication practiced by good ole heterosexuals is just as damaging.

But, as far as how fast we're going to 'sink' into this depravity, I think the Scriptures are pretty clear that we've been 'sinking' into this depravity since at least Paul's day. After all, he's the one who wrote to us of all the practices through which we are 'sinking' into depravity. Sure, I'd rather they not be raised in 'festering sin holes', but for the wise parent, they'll realize that the Scriptures promise us that those 'festering sin holes' are going to come, their children need to be taught to not become a part of it. To, as the Scriptures declare, be apart from the world while still being in the world.

You know, I find it telling that in Paul's warning to us of how depraved the world would become, (Romans 1:18-32) he didn't then encourage us to go out and change the world by fighting all these evils mentioned. Paul's, and Jesus', method was to teach the lost about Jesus and the cross and then let the Holy Spirit do that job within those individuals who would believe.

God bless,
Ted

I could not agree with you more. It is not our job to change the world it is our job to love those in it. There are many Christians, both in the clergy, denominational administration and the laity who have decided otherwise.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟185,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My wife and myself have watched Survivor since the 2nd season.

Last year, a black contestant who was voted off early told Jeff Probst that
Survivor has never had a black winner. Jeff said, "we'll have to look into that."

Sure enough they did. This year, 50% of the contestants are people of color.

However the big thing is that not only do they have gay contestants, which they
always have, but now there is a contestant who is married to a transgendered
man. Jeff Probst always welcomed the contestants to the first challenge by saying
"Come on in Guys." The guy married to the transgendered women, asked Jeff not
to use the word "guys," because it means male. Jeff complied and no longer uses
the word, "guys." Really ? I hear girls call groups of girls "guys." In today's world
the word tends to be gender neutral.

Anyway, Survivor has gone "woke," and is receiving a lot of backlash from fans.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,456.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi @iarwain
You know, I find it telling that in Paul's warning to us of how depraved the world would become, (Romans 1:18-32) he didn't then encourage us to go out and change the world by fighting all these evils mentioned. Paul's, and Jesus', method was to teach the lost about Jesus and the cross and then let the Holy Spirit do that job within those individuals who would believe.

Agreed! Acts 2:40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation."

He didn't say save the corrupt generation or fight the corrupt generation but save yourselves from it. God Bless :)

• Agree
Reactions: miamited
Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟103,251.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Agreed! Acts 2:40 With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation."

He didn't say save the corrupt generation or fight the corrupt generation but save yourselves from it. God Bless :)
But to save yourself from corruption, you have to recognize that it is corrupt. A lot of people seem to be arguing that the LGBTQ agenda should be accepted as normal, and excused because it is coming from the "world". A lot of people are being taught this and don't understand the poison they are stepping into because they are told it is normal, healthy, USA approved behavior. Sin has a way of worming itself in and having unforeseen consequences. I'm not so sure about this idea that we have no obligation to call out sin when we see it.

Ephesians 5:11
Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.

Ezekiel 3:18
If I say to the wicked, ‘You shall surely die,’ and you give him no warning, nor speak to warn the wicked from his wicked way, in order to save his life, that wicked person shall die for his iniquity, but his blood I will require at your hand.

Luke 24:47
And that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Isaiah 58:1

“Cry aloud; do not hold back; lift up your voice like a trumpet; declare to my people their transgression, to the house of Jacob their sins.

Proverbs 24:11-12
Rescue those who are being taken away to death; hold back those who are stumbling to the slaughter. If you say, “Behold, we did not know this,” does not he who weighs the heart perceive it? Does not he who keeps watch over your soul know it, and will he not repay man according to his work?

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,456.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But to save yourself from corruption, you have to recognize that it is corrupt. A lot of people seem to be arguing that the LGBTQ agenda should be accepted as normal, and excused because it is coming from the "world". A lot of people are being taught this and don't understand the poison they are stepping into because they are told it is normal, healthy, USA approved behavior. Sin has a way of worming itself in and having unforeseen consequences. I'm not so sure about this idea that we have no obligation to call out sin when we see it.

I agree with your post. I don't think we shouldn't speak out against sin rather speaking grace and truth to anyone who would listen.

What I'm trying to say is that ultimately we are trying to save souls from the world, not save the whole world or take over the world. The church will be on the narrow path and the small gate to life, only a few will enter thereby. Praise the Lord for every one who enters!

But if we try to turn the gospel into a political vehicle or a state religion then there's a danger, Jesus said his Kingdom is not of this world. God Bless :)

• Agree
Reactions: iarwain
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A TV show showed a gay marriage with it resulting in a miracle saving the planet.

I do not remember the name of the show. It may have been supergirl.

https://scholar.utc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1133&context=honors-theses

Perhaps it was SuperGayle.

R-6162639-1412625356-5381.jpeg.jpg

Upvote 0