East Bay
✟78,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say, yes. Undoubtedly. On the basis of my own experience, I would say that whether she makes herself known or not doesn't matter a jot, in principle, at least. She loves each of us, just as her Son does. It doesn't mean we have to live in her pocket. It just happens that when she does make herself known it is as a very loving mother, and our natural inclination is to love to bits those we feel love us, isn't it ?

Hi Paul, thanks for your kind response. I had two follow up questions based on your reflections.
In the above qote, you mentioned your own experience with Mary and I wasn't sure if you meant that:
  1. you had a personal encounter with her or that
  2. you had a relationship despite NOT having a personal encounter.
If its #1 and you are willing, I'd been interested in hearing your personal story. If it's #2 maybe you could share some specifics as to how your devotion to Mary has enriched your Christian life.

Secondly, you mentioned your inclination "to believe that Jesus has appointed Mary to be the Mediatrix of all graces." Does someone who has placed their trust in the person and work of Jesus (divine nature, life, death, resurrection, rule, return – e.g. 1 Corinthians 15:3-8, ) still receive all the benefits of adoption into the family of God as co-heirs with Christ apart from any recognition of Mary at all (i.e. Ephesians 1:3-14)? Maybe that's what you were saying at the beginning of your reply when you said "Yes, undoubtedly." But since the rest of your reply focused on relationship to Mary I thought that maybe I didn't adequately state my restatement.

As an aside, I too have a stout Sweetheart at home who remembers the names and birthdays of my children.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
you could never overestimate her stature.
Any woman could have been used!
Father God chose her because of her peity!
Wasn't Elizabeth's peity on a par with Mary's?
Let God be God ... Let Him chose whomever!!!
We couldn't care less whom He chose!
It's of no importance in the grand scheme of things!
What's important is who gets to go to heaven!

What's important is being used of God to help get
to heaven God's "chosen and called unto holiness" elect!

They need to hear and accept the gospel,
and then co-operate as the precious Holy Spirit
does His work to sanctify them unto holiness!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi Paul, thanks for your kind response. I had two follow up questions based on your reflections.
In the above qote, you mentioned your own experience with Mary and I wasn't sure if you meant that:
  1. you had a personal encounter with her or that
  2. you had a relationship despite NOT having a personal encounter.
If its #1 and you are willing, I'd been interested in hearing your personal story. If it's #2 maybe you could share some specifics as to how your devotion to Mary has enriched your Christian life.

Secondly, you mentioned your inclination "to believe that Jesus has appointed Mary to be the Mediatrix of all graces." Does someone who has placed their trust in the person and work of Jesus (divine nature, life, death, resurrection, rule, return – e.g. 1 Corinthians 15:3-8, ) still receive all the benefits of adoption into the family of God as co-heirs with Christ apart from any recognition of Mary at all (i.e. Ephesians 1:3-14)? Maybe that's what you were saying at the beginning of your reply when you said "Yes, undoubtedly." But since the rest of your reply focused on relationship to Mary I thought that maybe I didn't adequately state my restatement.

As an aside, I too have a stout Sweetheart at home who remembers the names and birthdays of my children.

Cheers!

"Maybe that's what you were saying at the beginning of your reply when you said "Yes, undoubtedly."

Yes. Absolutely. Our Lady is peripheral. But only in the way mothers are !!! It doesn't detract from their wonderfulness, does it ?

'you had a relationship despite NOT having a personal encounter.'
Yes, I did - before I had a personal encounter. May I pm you ?

'If it's #2 maybe you could share some specifics as to how your devotion to Mary has enriched your Christian life.'

I would say it has enriched my Christian life by bringing an extra dimension of beauty to my prayer-life for me to enjoy, and a kind of reassurance. Just as the opposite sex of mortal females (and no doubt, vice versa for them) are able to bring something uniquely special for our appreciation, so our Lady in heaven does for us (though evidently also for those of the female persuasion). All for tonicht, Ing Bee.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hardly. Mary was chosen from before the foundation of the earth.
Any woman could have been chosen from before the foundation of the earth. Well, hardly any woman ...
the one chosen would have to have a womb.

Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi Ing Bee,

I've forgotten how to p.m. another poster now. Either that, or they've changed the system.

I saw mentions of 'tickets' and clicked here and there but was unable to write anything. Could someone please advise me. I couldn't even reach the Help desk !

Sory about this, Ing.

Paul

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,499.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hi Ing Bee,

I've forgotten how to p.m. another poster now. Either that, or they've changed the system.

I saw mentions of 'tickets' and clicked here and there but was unable to write anything. Could someone please advise me. I couldn't even reach the Help desk !

Sory about this, Ing.

Paul
Click on their username at the top of their post, and choose "Star a conversation" from the dialogue which pops up

Upvote 0

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
[/B said:
"bcbsr, post: 73425860, member: 7696"] The Catholic church makes a big deal about Mary. They practically made her into a goddess. The Bible doesn't make a big deal about her.

JL: It is God who makes a big deal of Mary, the Church only recognizes the great things (plural) God has done to Mary. As a former non-denominational Protestant I give thanks to God that I now belong to one of those generations of God’s people who have called her blessed through all generations, instead of dead.

[Lk1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. 49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.]

Mary's Sinlessness? For example one Catholic doctrine of Mary was that she herself was born without original sin - nor did she even sin in her lifetime.

JL: Immaculate Conception, at conception Mary new Eve, was preserved by God from original sin being indwelled by the Holy Spirit at conception. Original sin is not an actual sin but a lack of the indwelling Holy Spirit lost by Adam for all men and restored by Christ the new Adam through baptism.

[Gn 3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent Because thou hast done this thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: 15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman and between thy seed and her seed it shall bruise thy head and thou shalt bruise his heel]

Mary would be at enmity opposed to Satan from conception. God said, he would put enmity [hostility, opposition] between thee=Satan and the woman=Mary. Her seed (Christ) would be born after her. Yet God put enmity between Satan and Mary before Christ was conceived. Had Mary at anytime been under sin even original sin she would not have been at enmity with Satan but of Satan’s seed.

Believing in the Immaculate Conception is not a great leap of faith at all. We see John the Baptist was born without sin being sanctified not at conception, but in his mother’s womb probably at Mary’s salutation. [Lk1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:]

[Lk1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb.]

The same God who sanctified=saved John the Baptist in the womb could certainly just as easily sanctify=save the mother of God at conception without either parent being immaculate.

[Lk1:46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.]

It amazes me those Protestants who don’t believe in original sin find the immaculate conception of Mary unbelievable. If there is no original sin then everyone would be conceived immaculate=without sin.

Justin the Martyr, in his First Apology (A.D. 148-155) taught that Holy Mary, as the second Eve, was as involved in the reversal of the human sin problem as the first Eve was involved in introducing sin into the world: "He [Christ] became man by the Virgin so that the course which was taken by disobedience in the beginning through the agency of the serpent, might be also the very course by which it would be put down." [100]

St. Irenaeus, in his Against Heresies, (A.D. 180-199), also taught that Holy Mary was the second and sinless Eve: "The knot of Eve's disobedience was loosed by the obedience of Mary. What the virgin Eve had bound in unbelief, the Virgin Mary loosed through faith." [3, 22, 4]

[Ex25:8 And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them. 9 According to all that I shew thee, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, even so shall ye make it. 10 And they shall make an ark of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]tim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof. 11 And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.]

If the Lord commanded the OT ark made with hands, to be made to exact specifications and detail covered inside and out with pure gold that He might dwell among His people. How much more would he cover with pure holiness the body and soul of the living ark of the new covenant not made by hands with the purity of the Holy Spirit inside and out. The ark that God himself would be formed body, blood and divinity in order to bodily dwell with His people. [Unless otherwise noted all scripture from KJV Biblegateway public domain]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Mary=Ark of the New Covenant. The Ark of the Covenant was sanctified before God’s presents came upon it. The Holy Spirit does not indwell Christians before they are sanctified by baptism, washing away their sins by water and the Spirit receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit.

[2Maccabees2:4 It was also contained in the same writing, how the prophet, being warned by God, commanded that the tabernacle and the ark should accompany him, till he came forth to the mountain " where Moses went up, and saw the inheritance of God. 5 And when Jeremias came thither he found a hollow cave: and he carried in thither the tabernacle, and the ark, and the altar of incense, and so stopped the door. 6 Then some of them that followed him, came up to mark the place: but they could not find it. 7 And when Jeremias perceived it, he blamed them, saying: The place shall be unknown, till God gather together the congregation of the people, and receive them to mercy. 8 And then the Lord will shew these things, and the majesty of the Lord shall appear, and there shall be a cloud as it was also shewed to Moses, "and he shewed it when Solomon prayed that the place might be sanctified to the great God[/b].] DRA Bible Biblegateway.

It is Christ who came to gather His people unto mercy fulfilling the Law. The cloud of glory is the Holy Spirit which overshadowed Mary the NT Ark. Just as the glory of the Lord in Moses’ time overshadowed the tabernacle and in Solomon’s time when dedicating the temple.

[1Kgs8:10 And it came to pass, when the priests were come out of the holy place, that the cloud filled the house of the Lord, 11 So that the priests could not stand to minister because of the cloud: for the glory of the Lord had filled the house of the Lord.]

[Hb9:3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all; 4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;]

Mary the ark of the new covenant not made by hands contained in her womb Christ the real manna the living Bread of Life. Christ the real High Priest and the written tables the real living Word of God. Not just symbols as the OT ark contained but the actual realities.

[Ex40:34 Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle. 35 And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle.]

[Lk1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God]

The following are parallel scriptures. The scriptures are inspired so it isn’t likely it was only coincidence. The early Church fathers recognized the parallel.

[2Sam6:2 And David arose and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah to bring up from thence the ark of God whose name is called by the name of the LORD of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims]

[Lk1:39 And Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste into a city of Juda]

[2Sam6:9 And David was afraid of the LORD that day and said How shall the ark of the LORD come to me?]

[Lk1:30 And the angel said unto her Fear not Mary for thou hast found favour with God]

[2Sam 6:9 And David was afraid of the LORD that day and said How shall the ark of the LORD come to me?]

[Lk1:43 And whence is this to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me?]

[2Sam6:16 And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD and she despised him in her heart]

[Lk1:44 For lo as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears the babe leaped in my womb for joy]

[2Sam6:18 And as soon as David had made an end of offering burnt offerings and peace offerings he blessed the people in the name of the LORD of hosts]

[Lk1:45 And blessed is she that believed for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord]

[2Sam6:11 And the ark of the LORD continued in the house of Obededom[/b] the Gittite three months: and the LORD blessed Obededom and all his household]

[Lk1:40 And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth. 41-55 .. 56 And Mary abode with her about three months and returned to her own house]

[Lk1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. 49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.] Catholic’s, thru all generations, have called Mary blessed because of the great things God has done to her.

Upvote 0

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
But in fact the Bible indicates that God has no problem inhabiting sinful vessels. For He lives in us, sinners justified by faith. Our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit - 1Cor 6:19

JL: Not so, [1Jn5:16 If any one may see his brother sinning a sin not unto death, he shall ask, and He shall give to him life to those sinning not unto death; there is sin to death, not concerning it do I speak that he may beseech; 17 all unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not unto death.]

[1Cor6 15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid. 16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh. 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit. 18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?]

[1Cor3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.]

The Holy Spirit does not indwell Christians before they are sanctified=holy, through baptism washing away their sins Acts22:16, by water and the Spirit Jn3:5, receiving the indwelling Holy Spirit Acts2:36-43. If one commits a sin unto death the soul is no longer indwelled by the Spirit until repentance and confession.

[Acts22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.]

[Jn3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.]

[Acts2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? 38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall cal. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread[=Mass], and in prayers.]

Upvote 0

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
[QUOTE="bcbsr, post: 73425860, member: 7696"] Blessed Among Women One justification Catholics may give veneration of Mary is the fact that she was "blessed" in bearing the Messiah. But in contrast notice Jesus response to this idea of Mary's blessedness. While Jesus was saying these things, one of the women in the crowd raised her voice and said to Him, "Blessed is the womb that bore You and the breasts at which You nursed." But He said, "On the contrary, blessed are those who hear the word of God and observe it." Luke 11:27,28Thus in contrast to hearing and doing the Word of God, Jesus thought little of the blessedness of his mother bearing him - and so also his followers. For the New Testament authors speak very little of Mary.[/quote]

JL: On the contrary Mary is twice blessed not only for giving birth to God made flesh but also hearing the word of God, believing and acting on it. Actually you are denigrating Jesus implying no one would be blessed for giving birth to him who is God made flesh.

[Lk1:45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord. 46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. 49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.]

[Lk1:41 And it came to pass, that,when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:]

[Lk1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?]

[Lk1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women[/b].]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
[QUOTE="bcbsr, post: 73425860, member: 7696"] Co-Redeemer?

JL: Ex25:20 And the cherubims shall stretch forth their wings on high, covering the mercy seat with their wings, and their faces shall look one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubims be. 21 And thou shalt put the mercy seat above upon the ark; and in the ark thou shalt put the testimony that I shall give thee. 22 And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubims which are upon the ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.]

Blessings come to those faithful who take the Ark into their home. Christ said from the cross woman behold thy son and to beloved disciple behold thy mother. And the disciple took her into his home. Mary is spiritual mother to all the Lord’s beloved disciples.

In giving birth to Christ all grace comes thorough her, because Christ the source of all grace came through her. Mary could have said no yet she said behold the handmaid of the Lord let it be done to me according to thy word. Mary co=with Christ redeemed freely, willingly and fully without self interest submitting totally to God.

[Jn2:2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. 3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine. 4 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come. 5 His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. 6 And put there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. 7 Jesus saith unto them Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim. 8 And he saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. And they bare it. 9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom, 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now. 11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him,]

In John2:2-11 We see Mary interceding for the wedding couple and family. We see Christ granting her request even though it was not yet time to start His ministry. We see this was the beginning of miracles, we see Christ manifested His glory and His disciples believed. All these were brought about through Mary’s advocacy. A foreshadowing of her Office of Queen Mother in David’s line, after entering the throne room of her Son, the Son of God, the Son of David and king of the regenerated Davidic kingdom of Israel.

All the people of God at different degrees are co-redeemers, mediators, and advocates by witnessing, correcting, praying or offering our sufferings in union with Christ, for those who are in need of grace. When we suffer, witness, pray or live for Christ we co-redeem, mediate and advocate. Co=with Christ redeem, with Christ mediate, with Christ advocate.

God uses Mary to touch all humanity thru her mediation as advocate through prayers of intercession thereby co-redeeming in union with Christ. Our co-redeeming touches maybe one or two or even thousands, depending on the person and the grace God gives to our co-redeeming acts. If we do nothing with our gift we may lose our own soul as the man who didn’t even get interest on the talent given him by the Lord, Mt 25:24-30. This does not take away from Christ the one redeemer, mediator and advocate. Christ shares his mediatorship and all he has and is with his people. He shares his priesthood, kingship and being prophet with all his people. Christ makes us a royal priesthood, kings and prophets sending us to be witnesses thereby co=with Christ redeemers.

Col 1:24 Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake and in my flesh I complete what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body that is the church Just as Paul we too uniting with Christ our sufferings, joys, prayers and works become co-redeemers, mediators advocates with Christ. Christ's afflictions lack nothing but he wants us to share in his work which is our priestly duty.]

[Rms15:15 and the more boldly I did write to you, brethren, in part, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me by God, 16 for my being a servant of Jesus Christ to the nations, acting as priest in the good news of God, that the offering up of the nations may become acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.] YLT Biblegateway public domain.

[Rms15:15 and the more boldly I did write to you, brethren, in part, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me by God, 16 for my being a servant [leitourgos, minister, servant. Stong’s 3011] of Jesus Christ to the nations, acting as priest [hierourgeo, to minister in the manner of a priest. Strong’s 2418] in the good news of God, that the offering up [prosphora, offering or offering up. Strong’s 4376.] of the nations may become acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.] YLT

1COR3:9 For we are labourers together with God ye are God's husbandry ye are God's building

[3JN1:8 We therefore ought to receive such that we might be fellowhelpers to the truth.]

[Jms 5:19 Brethren if any of you do err from the truth and one convert him 20 Let him know that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death and shall hide a multitude of sins.]

[1TIM4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. 16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.]

Mary is unique just as the OT ark was unique and honored because of the special presents of God. Mary alone among all the billions of human beings was chosen by God to conceive God made flesh. Mother of God is only one of the great things God has done to her and the reason all generations of God’s people call her blessed.

[Lk1:48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. 49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.] Catholic’s thru all generations have called Mary blessed because of the great things, plural God has done to her.

Are you one of the generations that call her blessed? Or a generations that calls her dead and forgotten. What great things (plural) has God done to Mary. What do you say those great things are?

Upvote 0

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
[QUOTE="bcbsr, post: 73425860, member: 7696"] Mary's Perpetual Virginity? [/quote]

JL: MT 1:23 Behold a virgin shall be with child and shall bring forth a son and they shall call his name Emmanuel which being interpreted is God with us

[Ezek 44:1 Then the man brought me back to the outer gate of the sanctuary, the one facing east, and it was shut. 2 The LORD said to me, this gate is to remain shut. It must not be opened; no one may enter through it. It is to remain shut because the LORD, the God of Israel, has entered through it.]

The Lord God has entered through Mary, the gate and Ark of the NT no one is to enter through that gate. No one was to enter into the East Gate of the Temple because the God of Israel has entered through it. Just as no one was to enter into the OT Ark of the Covenant it was holy with the presents of God where He met with His people. No one is to enter Mary the Ark of the New Covenant, no other children. The Lord the God of Israel has entered through her. No one may enter the NT Ark Mary because the God of Israel has entered through it and no man could not touch the ark.

[2Sm6:6 And when they came to Nachon's threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it. 7 And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.]

[Lk1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?]

Mary was espoused to Joseph, before the annunciation, it would be natural to expect to conceive and bare children especially for a Jewish woman. The Church has always seen this as Mary having a vow of virginity. Otherwise why would she ask the angel, "How shall this be, seeing I know not Man".

The angel told Mary how, [Lk1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.]

Realizing how she would conceive, by the Holy Ghost and know no man, keeping her vow Mary gave her consent. [Lk1:38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her. ]

[Nbrs30:6 And if she had at all an husband when she vowed or uttered ought out of her lips wherewith she bound her soul 7 And her husband heard it and held his peace at her in the day that he heard it then her vows shall stand and her bonds wherewith she bound her soul shall stand 8 But if her husband disallowed her on the day that he heard it then he shall make her vow which she vowed, and that which she uttered with her lips wherewith she bound her soul of none effect: and the LORD shall forgive her]

[Hb9:3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all; 4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;]

Our bodies are the temple of the Lord and our temples are made holy thru grace the presents of the Holy Spirit indwelling our souls. Mary’s body is a holy temple as she was full of grace. In the old temple which was holy the tabernacle was the holy of holies because of the presents of God. Mary’s body would be the holiest of all as that’s where God was formed and made flesh dwelling bodily. Only the high priest, Christ is our High Priest, could enter the holy of holies, no other children.

Upvote 0

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
[QUOTE="bcbsr, post: 73425860, member: 7696"] Praying to Mary and consulting the dead As I will mention further on, the occultic practice of the Catholic church to pray to dead people is contrary to the Bible. Praying to Mary - a dead woman [/quote]

JL: [Mk12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God? 25 .. 26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.]

Catholics come to the city of God boldly to the throne of grace to obtain mercy and grace in time of need.

[Hb12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.]

We come directly to God, to angels, or to the spirits of just men made perfect, through the one Mediator=Christ. We see in scripture angels and elders in heaven, as go betweens, offering up the prayers of saints on earth. Scripture clearly shows some prayers from saints on earth pass between the saints and angels in heaven through the Lamb=Christ to the Father.

[Rv5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. 7 .. 8 When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.]

[Rv 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should Offer it with the prayers of the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s Hand.]

[Mt18:10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones for I say unto you That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. ]

Jesus says their angels behold the face of his Father. They have continual access to the Father. If one of their little ones are in need the angel serves as the child’s intercessor before God, otherwise what’s the point?

[Lk15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. 8 .. 9 .. 10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.]

Who rejoices in the presents of the angels? Saints in heaven. They know when a sinner repents and rejoice in the presence of the angels they know what is going on and pray for us. We are a people one body not just lone individuals. It’s not Jesus and me but Jesus and us. The entire body of Christ, through which the Spirit flows in union with that body we all receive the grace to persevere.

I am the vine you are the branches. The vine reaches from earth to heaven and the sap=Holy Spirit flows through all and is in all and by that Spirit we have access to all. The Church is the one body of Christ in heaven and on earth.

[Eph4:4 There is one body and one Spirit even as ye are called in one hope of your calling 5 One Lord one faith one baptism 6 One God and Father of all who is above all and through all and in you all.]

[Eph4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.]

[1Cor 12:14 For the body is not one member but many 15 If the foot say because I am not the hand I am not of the body is it therefore not of the body 16 .. 17 .. 18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. 19 And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20 But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. 22 .. 23 .. 24 .. 25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.] The Church is one universal body, heaven and earth united in the body of Christ, there is no schism the members have the same care one for another]

[Rm12:4 For as we have many members in one body and all members have not the same office 5 So we being many are one body in Christ and every one members one of another.]

Christ is head of the body saints in heaven are united to the head of the body as are members of the body on earth as one body one family of God.

[Eph3:14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named],]

Upvote 0

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
[QUOTE="bcbsr, post: 73425860, member: 7696"] The Queen of Heaven?

JL: [1Chron29:23 Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him. 24 And all the princes, and the mighty men, and all the sons likewise of king David, submitted themselves unto Solomon the king.]

[1Kgs2:19 Bathsheba therefore went unto king Solomon, to speak unto him for Adonijah. And the king rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a seat to be set for the king’s mother, and she sat on his right hand.]

Soloman the son of David set a throne for his mother as did all those who were of the Davidic dynasty and sons of David.

[Jer52:1 Zedikiah was twenty-one years old when he became king, and he reigned eleven years in Jerusalem. his mother’s name was Hamutal, daughter of Jeremiah of Libnah.]

[Kgs21:1 Manasseh was twelve years old when he became king, and he reigned in Jerusalem fifty-five years. his mother’s name was Hephzibah.]

[2 Kgs 8:26 Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign; and he reigned one year in Jerusalem. And his mother’s name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel.]

[Jer 13:18 Say to the king and to the queen mother, Come down from your thrones, for your glorious crowns will fall from your heads. 19 The cities in the Negev will be shut up, and there will be no one to open them. All Judah will be carried into exile, carried completely away.] see also 2Kings25:1-26.

Despite the wickedness of some of the kings and queens. Jeremiah calls both the king and queen mother’s crowns glorious. No prophet ever spoke against the office of Queen Mother.

Mk10:40 But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared.

[1Kgs8:20 And the Lord hath performed his word that he spake, and I am risen up in the room of David my father, and sit on the throne of Israel, as the Lord promised, and have built an house for the name of the Lord God of Israel. 21 And b]I have set there a place for the ark[/b], wherein is the covenant of the LORD, which he made with our fathers, when he brought them out of the land of Egypt.]

Christ the king and Son of David sets a place for the Ark, Mary. His mother, queen mother in the new regenerated spiritual kingdom of David, spiritual Israel.

[Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament and there were lightnings and voices and thunderings and an earthquake and great hail. Rv12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven a woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet and upon her head a crown of twelve stars 2 And she being with child cried travailing in birth and pained to be delivered]

The woman is a person=Mary, symbolic of the Church, Old and New Covenant people of God. Twelve stars, universal queen, queen of heaven and earth.

[Rv12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.] The red dragon is a person and symbolic of governments and organizations that persecute the Church throughout the ages.

[Rv12:5 And she brought forth a man child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron and her child was caught up unto God and to his throne] To rule all nations, universal king, the child is a person=Christ. [Symbolic of all persons. JPII The Gospel of Life. Chapter 104.]

David didn’t elevate his mother, who was dead, to a throne. It was the son of David, King Solomon who did so. Solomon the Son of David instituted the office of queen mother. Solomon, the Son of David would build a house for the Lord. As God's anointed king Solomon had complete authority to institute any office he saw fit for the kingdom. Christ the Son of David is now king who is building a habitation for God (Temple of living stones) and of His kingdom there will be no end.

If Mary's son is the Son of David and King in David's line. Then Mary is Gebirah=Queen Mother in the regenerated spiritual Kingdom of David, spiritual Israel.

[Is9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. 7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. ]

[Lk1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the son of the highest: and the the Lord God shall give unto him the throne, of his father David: 33 he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever, his kingdom will have no end.]

Jesus is King in the line of David, Mary is Queen Mother. Queen Mother was an office in the Davidic Kingdom form Solomon the son of David till the last earthly king in David’s line.

[1Kgs8:18 And the LORD said unto David my father, Whereas it was in thine heart to build an house unto my name, thou didst well that it was in thine heart. 19 Nevertheless thou shalt not build the house, but thy son that shall come forth our of thy loins, he shall build the house unto my name.]

[2Sam 7:13 He shall build a house for my name and I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever]/b].]

Christ the Son of David is building an everlasting universal spiritual kingdom. Christ builds with living stones, regenerating the old earthly Davidic kingdom of God into new spiritual Davidic kingdom of Israel.

[Mt19:27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? 28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.]

[Lk22:28 Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations. 29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me; 30 That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 31 And the Lord said, Simon,Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.]

The Church on earth is the kingdom in seed form, in heaven it is in full bloom. In the Church where we brake bread=Mass we eat and drink at the Lord’s table. Peter is First Minister as he is given the keys to that kingdom. Peter, whose faith Christ prayed would not fail is to strengthen his brethren and all the sheep and lambs, Jn21:15-17. That would be all the brethren including the other apostles.

Peter is universal pastor and his faith is guaranteed by Christ. Christ the king holds the keys by right and delegates his authority with those keys to his First Minister, [Isa 22:19-22 & Mt 16:13-19]. That Kingdom is for all people in all places and all times universal=catholic. Christ is universal, catholic, King and his mother is universal catholic, Gebirah=Queen Mother in the regenerated spiritual, universal=catholic, Davidic Kingdom of Israel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLHargus

Sep 10, 2018
Columbus
✟33,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
[Deut 18:11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.]

JL: Charmers, conjuring, sorcery, consulters with spirits or wizards and necromancy etc, are all condemned in the Bible and by the Church.

there is no instruction or example in the New Testament of praying to dead saints. Some bring up the transfiguration incident. But Jesus is Lord of the dead and the living and thus it doesn't apply to him. Secondly consider the state they are spoken of being in. For dead saints are spoken as being asleep. If they are asleep, they are not listening to you. They don't have contact with what goes on here.

[Mk12: 26 And as touching the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the book of Moses, how in the bush God spake unto him, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? 27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.]

JL: If the dead are asleep and cannot know or hear as you say, how could a living human being converse with a bodily dead saint in heaven? St John conversed with and elder=saint in heaven.

[Rv5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.]

[Mk9:4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus. 5 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.]

Christ spoke to two bodily dead OT prophets who would not have been in heaven but Abraham’s Bosom, the abode of the dead before Christ opened the gates of Heaven when he ascended and took the OT saints into heaven. In the following scripture we clearly see angels and elders=saints in heaven offering up the prayers of saints on earth.

[Rv5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. 7 .. 8 When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.]

In Rv5:6-8 incense are prayers of saints on earth and the twenty-four elders are saints in heaven. It is the elders=saints in heaven who are offering up the incense which are the prayers of the saints on earth. In Rv8:3 it is an angel offering incense with the prayers of the saints on earth.

[Rv 8:3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should Offer it with the prayers of the saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. 4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand.]

[Mk15:34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? 35 And some of them that stood by, when they heard it, said, Behold, he calleth Elias. 36 And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down. 37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.]

No one seemed to be outraged or said this man is a blaspheming idolater when they mistakenly thought Christ was calling on the dead prophet Elias.

[Hb12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, 23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.]

Now having an high priest over the house of God we have access through the veil His Flesh by prayer to the Holy of Holies and may come boldly into the holiest by the blood of Jesus and all those in heavenly Jerusalem even to the spirits of just men=saints made perfect.

[Hb10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; 21 And having an high priest over the house of God;]

Upvote 0