United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Okay. So...

Observation #1: I keep reading the thread title 'Sake' as...

johnsake03.jpg

So, "Saké of Harmony" is like sharing a drink of saké for peace? ^_^

I'm not an alcohol drinker... but I studied East Asian history for several years and I've always been sort of curious to see what Saké tastes like.... :eek:

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
it's up to each person to be what they are and maybe we could even help one another out sometimes rather than despise each other. good people don't deserve to be mistreated. Jesus told us plenty of things we could be like. if the harmony in this place really is what it is then they ought to deal with people in such a harmony. if that means ignoring people then maybe that is what they need.

some people get really stressed by conflicts with others. I know I can get overwhelmed after a while of trying to deal with people that disagree with me on important things and who can't see from my pov. if at my best I just move on. maybe later they will say something enjoyable. that is often the case. I understand the desire to preserve the greatness of the singles area but that ain't gonna happen when people like me come around. cause i'm a cat of doom. and german polka is an abomination. how dare you. but I do enjoy a lot of the peoples interactions with others in this area.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
The side roads go on like normal conversations....only in a lecture format do we always refer back to the original thought throughout a conversation. I have more issues with the side roads started that have nothing to do with the original post....like the person who tries to turn a conversation off topic an on to them...often under the guise of humor...and starts a completely different conversation.

Person A: posts a question
Person B: responds
Person C: disagrees with person's B response
Person D: throws in a totally irrelevant personal joke to pull in people who are not currently in the conversation...
and now we have two completely different conversations going over completely different thoughts

New idea...post a new post. Personal joke? Move to PM conversations.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The side roads go on like normal conversations....only in a lecture format do we always refer back to the original thought throughout a conversation. I have more issues with the side roads started that have nothing to do with the original post....like the person who tries to turn a conversation off topic an on to them...often under the guise of humor...and starts a completely different conversation.

Person A: posts a question
Person B: responds
Person C: disagrees with person's B response
Person D: throws in a totally irrelevant personal joke to pull in people who are not currently in the conversation...
and now we have two completely different conversations going over completely different thoughts

New idea...post a new post. Personal joke? Move to PM conversations.

Ideally maybe. But you can't expect any normal flow of conversation to fit neatly into some type of formula.

Upvote 0

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ideally maybe. But you can't expect any normal flow of conversation to fit neatly into some type of formula.

I think her concern, annoyance, pet peeve, etc. was when there is a thread about a subject, say, favorite Christmas ornaments, for an example, and someone posts that topical Christmas ornaments such as Trump or Hillary ornaments are un-Christian and in poor taste.

Then another person makes a joke about how they made their cat wear reindeer antlers... And then the thread turns into something completely different.

I think that's what she was referring to and it is annoying. I think there is a difference between a dis-jointed flow of a thread and someone just coming in and changing the entire subject of the thread for no logical reason.

But then, I may be wrong since I'm distracted by the reindeer antlers that my dog is wearing...

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree that we should all try to be considerate and not derail threads. Some threads are almost begging to be derailed though :D It is probably the more mature and peaceful decision to ignore these obviously trollish and strife baiting topics of discussion and focus on posting in other threads.

• Agree
Reactions: Servant68
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I agree that we should all try to be considerate and not derail threads. Some threads are almost begging to be derailed though :D It is probably the more mature and peaceful decision to ignore these obviously trollish and strife baiting topics of discussion and focus on posting in other threads.
The more people who reply to those threads the longer they stay around as well...

Upvote 0