A sin to dislike some of God's commands?

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is therefore now no condemnation for sins which we have been forgiven of, and Christians must not live in continuing sin ...

But ...

We cannot teach sinless perfection as in meaning that a Christian absolutely never sins. This is against the rules of CF. There may be some confusion based on one's definition of "sin" but in the broadest sense, to have the least flash of irritation, the barest root of pride, or to fail to do every single good thing we can - is all sin. If this is what we mean (and all else) - we can never claim anyone to be free from sin.

Perhaps in one of the faith-based forums the rules say that, but CF certainly promotes the removal of our sin through Jesus Christ. That discussion is not for here, go to the Supervisors Desk.

Where is your sin? Mine, and all believer's is gone: Jesus removes them (active verb) "as far as the east is from the west". IF we have to continually confess sin, then that is works. Paul wrote voraciously about this error of works based faith in his letter to the Romans.

I never said believers are perfect or never does "wrong". But as for the "sin term most people think about NOPE. I would rather one thinks about this and does his own study through the Spirit, without going in with preconceived, taught, definitions and doctrine.

Does your faith require you to have Jesus die again and again? Did He only die for some of your sin? Which part? ALL of our sin was in Jesus' "Future" when He died and rose again. Did he only die for the sins that people had already committed? Of course that all is foolishness.

Can you be clothed in the righteousness of God, with the mind of Christ and still be sinful? No. True believers are heirs to the throne: not seen as having sin through God's eyes (He looks at us through the Son's blood). Sin is red, as a reference. Christ's blood is red. IF you look at something red through a red lens you do not see the red any more.... think about it.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps in one of the faith-based forums the rules say that, but CF certainly promotes the removal of our sin through Jesus Christ. That discussion is not for here, go to the Supervisors Desk.

Where is your sin? Mine, and all believer's is gone: Jesus removes them (active verb) "as far as the east is from the west". IF we have to continually confess sin, then that is works. Paul wrote voraciously about this error of works based faith in his letter to the Romans.

I never said believers are perfect or never does "wrong". But as for the "sin term most people think about NOPE. I would rather one thinks about this and does his own study through the Spirit, without going in with preconceived, taught, definitions and doctrine.

Does your faith require you to have Jesus die again and again? Did He only die for some of your sin? Which part? ALL of our sin was in Jesus' "Future" when He died and rose again. Did he only die for the sins that people had already committed? Of course that all is foolishness.

Can you be clothed in the righteousness of God, with the mind of Christ and still be sinful? No. True believers are heirs to the throne: not seen as having sin through God's eyes (He looks at us through the Son's blood). Sin is red, as a reference. Christ's blood is red. IF you look at something red through a red lens you do not see the red any more.... think about it.

In his epistles, Paul over and over will write at length, even chapters, on one theme...

...and then suddenly add in another essential missing part, finally completing the picture. Sometimes this happens chapters after from some verses we want to focus on!

So we can't get accurately what Paul is saying until we really do read fully through the whole epistle, and best to read without thinking we already know all the message yet, so that we pick up new things we didn't on the first or 2nd time through.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First realizing that Jesus' early ministry was ONLY to the Jewish people, and we later believers have obtained grace and full salvation... He never told us to do something we could not in some realm do.... Why did he tell the woman caught in adultery, "Neither do I condemn them " (He does not condemn us as believers) "Go and sin no more" (Surely she was saved from sin at this point, how much more are we? Jesus would not have told her to sin no more unless it was possible, now that SHE HAD MET THE MESSIAH SAVIOR). I have met Him too.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me. I think we are misunderstanding one another, which is why I attempted to clear it up. Apparently I was not clear in what I said. I won't have time to address until later, so please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
it is a sin to not be yourself and to blindly obey an authority figure no matter if it goes by the name of God or whatever other name it would go by.

it could be a sin to not like Gods law and still obey it and it could also not be a sin, this comes down to the experience the unique spirit is having in reality.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
May I suggest that one checks with the entire Bible regarding doctrine? This is where indepth study with scholars does one well... even if some of those experts are not Christian for then you know where to look even more deeply into what you believe and why. Learning more about the languages the texts were written and even some of the basics will also clarify what may appear to be "contradictions".... English lacks so!

SO back to the OP.... for someone who does not believe in Christ, yes it is sin to dislike anything/everything God.... for the believer, while I do believe we must live by FAITH to be able to please God, and we are to count it all JOY no matter what life throws at us... and while we are not in his perfect will if we are complaining about His workings... we are under grace.

Paul talks about how discipline and other such workings on us/ trials/ of the Spirit might not be welcomed...BUT

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I have edited my post (quoted by you, and which was addressed to the discussion in general and not directed to a particular member) to hopefully make at least part of my point clearer ... if it does not and you have any concerns, please feel free to pm me.

Please forgive me if it initially caused you any concern.

Reactions: drjean
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rather than call God a liar, or me quoting His Word, perhaps it would be better posting just to say that you don't believe it.
Hasn't it been proven that there are mistakes in the bible?

Upvote 0

Hizikyah777

Oct 15, 2017
Illinois
✟8,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
He works on our heart, in time, in time.

Hebrews 10:16, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says YHWH: I will put My Law into their hearts, and in their minds I will write them.”

Proverbs 6:23, “For the command is a lamp, And the Torah a light, And reproofs of discipline a way of life.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WindHund

Prophet of Doom
Jul 1, 2013
USA
✟1,016,355.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm curious, is it mentioned in the bible that it is a sin to disagree with some of God's laws? I don't mean by breaking them but rather following them but disliking them anyway.

God's laws are said to be a statement of His character. So, if you don't like His laws, you don't like Him. I believe you will find many statements in the Psalms about loving God's law and being thankful for it.

But in the OP, I don't believe you said which law you don't like and why.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It may depend upon how much. It's one thing to open your mind to a command and begin to obey it, even though your misgivings haven't completely gone away. It's another to stick to and amplify those misgivings, and refusing to obey even after learning more about the command. Were there any in commands, Biblical accounts, or circumstances in particular that come to your mind?

Upvote 0