Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
‘If they persecuted me, they will persecute you,’ says Jesus. ‘If they kept my word, they will keep yours also.’

“Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so men persecuted the prophets who were before you”(Matthew 5:11).

I found myself in an uncomfortable position several weeks ago when the work on my newly acquired home was finally finished. Recommended by a local realtor, the worker had done an exceptional job on all house-related matters, seemed to be a good family man and considered himself to be a Christian — all of which left me totally unprepared to hear his barrage of negative comments against the Catholic Church after he had completed the last of the repairs on my home.

As he loaded his truck, still parked in my driveway, I once again expressed my gratitude to him for the overall fine job accomplished on my house this past year. But it was a question of mine about a bumper sticker on the back of his truck that inspired his invective, which was most virulently expressed in his hatred for anything Catholic — the pope (no matter his name) and the Vatican.

As I listened, shocked, to this diatribe, I heard a voice say, “You will remain calm and show this man nothing other than my love, peace and joy. But neither will you remain silent.”

Continued below.

• Prayers
Reactions: WarriorAngel