Ponte serrada
✟10,493.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It's a delicate subject to talk about, I get along very well with my mother and we have a healthy relationship, but I know many don't, in fact my grandmother was a religious fanatic and, with all due respect, abusive towards my mother and uncles, but my Mom didn't lose faith, which is good, right!
But when I hear an atheist talking about his religious fanatic parents, I feel a lot of sympathy for him. Because most of the time he is right, you know parents who hit their children while they said Bible verses etc.
Of course, there are cases where parents really weren't bad people, they just put a few more rules in their house.
But the case that impressed me the most was the one I read on reddit
In this case the parents had good intentions, they spoke the truth, they were not bad people but they had serious defects
according to the son
the problems were political and religious fanaticism, not in terms of opinion, but in all the meetings he had and still has with his parents, they didn't stop talking about religion and politics
the second problem was the lack of space and psychological pressure
At 18 he became an atheist and started dating
His parents started putting some psychological pressure on him and his mother started crying saying things like I know you're having sex, and they started begging him and his fiancée to go back to being Christians or they would go to hell, at all costs. personal meetings. that they had,
the third problem is hypocrisy, when the son said he was going to live with his girlfriend, the father said that in the past, if a woman lived with a man without getting married she was despised by society and rightly so, and the son later discovered that his parents lived together without getting married for 1 year,
I would like to hear opinions, on the one hand I understand the parents' desperation in knowing that their son could be condemned, but on the other hand I understand him wanting to move, Am I being modernist, am I wrong in my thinking?