✟18,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here you go.

Those "old man made laws" were just putting into practice the laws that you allege come from your god. Why then would you be happy that they are no longer being enforced.

Then cite them.

You respect your burden of proof but expect me to do it for you? What?

A convient cop out.

Then there is no first amendment rights issue involved.

Yet scientist are significantly less religious then the general public, how does that square with your assertion that the sciences point to theism and most specifically your deity?

If the incident happened as described the school was violating the rights of those students, and the policy of how the school it to regulate such behavior as laid down by the courts. How is a school violating the law proof that the law bans something?
Here's a question for you. Have you ever had the freedom to legally think or act a certain way but you were the subject of constant ridicule, threats of violence, or treated like you were an idiot? Judging by your attitude and know it all attitude I'm betting you're usually the one treating others like that. I cop out to nothing because I am secure and educated in my faith. I also know that when someone ask why I believe the way I do, I should have an educated, valid reason. I do not have to waste my time with someone not only not willing to but decides to mock beliefs. If no respect if given me then I give no respect. I give everyone the respect of being able to voice their own beliefs as long as they show me the same respect anyone that has to resort to mocking doesn't hold their own beliefs in very high regard. As for the crap about your take on "true Christians" apparently you know little to noth about real christianity which would explain why you spew the hate you do. The "old man made laws" that my alleged God commanded shows your disdain of open mindedness and My God commanded then because they are found in his word. The only reason my God commanded them was because he knows mans tendency to continually fall into habits that lead to death. I never said that new science gave irrefutable proof but it gives an open minded possibility where in the past scientists that were hardcore atheist wouldn't even entertain the idea. If you had any intelligent study under your belt of any religions, you would know what it points to my God. I'm happy that violence is no longer enforced because I don't believe in hurting others for belief as long as they hurt no one. I suggest if you ever want to be taken seriously or even have and educated discussion where you may learn something, you drop the attitude of Thinking no proof is ever good enough and you start doing some work yourself instead of coming across as a pompous, arrogant, jerk. Learn some current events with an open mind and realize that just because the law want stop you, it doesn't mean that violent groups will not try to threaten you into staying quiet.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You are correct that we do not live in the hypothetical country where majority rules . We do live in a country where a group of mostly Christian males decided that we needed a First Amendment.

And they decided that because they knew from bitter experience what could happen when any religious organization -- even their own -- gets mixed up in politics.

It never ends well.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And they decided that because they knew from bitter experience what could happen when any religious organization -- even their own -- gets mixed up in politics.

It never ends well.
Correct.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here's a question for you. Have you ever had the freedom to legally think or act a certain way but you were the subject of constant ridicule, threats of violence, or treated like you were an idiot?

Not since middle school.

by your attitude and know it all attitude I'm betting you're usually the one treating others like that.

Charming.

As for the crap about your take on "true Christians" apparently you know little to noth about real christianity which would explain why you spew the hate you do.

What, exactly, have I posted that was hateful?

As for the no true scotsman thing, it's used very often when Christians are confronted with their co-religonists doing or having done things that reflect poorly on the faith hence they instantly become not true Christians.

"old man made laws" that my alleged God commanded shows your disdain of open mindedness...

How so?

and My God commanded then because they are found in his word.

Well that's rather circular.

The only reason my God commanded them was because he knows mans tendency to continually fall into habits that lead to death.

Like picking up sticks on Saturday.

I never said that new science gave irrefutable proof but it gives an open minded possibility where in the past scientists that were hardcore atheist wouldn't even entertain the idea.

What time period was this?

If you had any intelligent study under your belt of any religions, you would know what it points to my God.

Because you say so?

The intelligent design nonsense trotted out by some Christians seems so odd to me as even were I to find it persuasive it in no way points to one specific deity much less the deity of a middle eastern tribe.

I'm happy that violence is no longer enforced because I don't believe in hurting others for belief as long as they hurt no one.

It nice that the majority of Christians have embraced freedom of religion. Shame it took so long.

I suggest if you ever want to be taken seriously or even have and educated discussion where you may learn something, you drop the attitude of Thinking no proof is ever good enough and you start doing some work yourself instead of coming across as a pompous, arrogant, jerk.

The charm offensive continues now with assumptions.

Learn some current events with an open mind and realize that just because the law want stop you, it doesn't mean that violent groups will not try to threaten you into staying quiet.

What? Where is the violence or threats of violence in the unveiling of the statue? Who is being silenced here?

The US Christian persecution complex is such an odd thing.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Here's a question for you. Have you ever had the freedom to legally think or act a certain way but you were the subject of constant ridicule, threats of violence, or treated like you were an idiot?

All the time... usually on this very forum.

Judging by your attitude and know it all attitude I'm betting you're usually the one treating others like that. I cop out to nothing because I am secure and educated in my faith. I also know that when someone ask why I believe the way I do, I should have an educated, valid reason. I do not have to waste my time with someone not only not willing to but decides to mock beliefs. If no respect if given me then I give no respect. I give everyone the respect of being able to voice their own beliefs as long as they show me the same respect anyone that has to resort to mocking doesn't hold their own beliefs in very high regard. As for the crap about your take on "true Christians" apparently you know little to noth about real christianity which would explain why you spew the hate you do. The "old man made laws" that my alleged God commanded shows your disdain of open mindedness and My God commanded then because they are found in his word. The only reason my God commanded them was because he knows mans tendency to continually fall into habits that lead to death. I never said that new science gave irrefutable proof but it gives an open minded possibility where in the past scientists that were hardcore atheist wouldn't even entertain the idea. If you had any intelligent study under your belt of any religions, you would know what it points to my God. I'm happy that violence is no longer enforced because I don't believe in hurting others for belief as long as they hurt no one. I suggest if you ever want to be taken seriously or even have and educated discussion where you may learn something, you drop the attitude of Thinking no proof is ever good enough and you start doing some work yourself instead of coming across as a pompous, arrogant, jerk. Learn some current events with an open mind and realize that just because the law want stop you, it doesn't mean that violent groups will not try to threaten you into staying quiet.

Any particular reason you chose to avoid answering his questions?

Upvote 0