Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
not Solomon's Porch (SP, thanks for posting thread and sorry if I've overstepped and certainly open to adjustments to the following list. Liked author's last paragraph, too).

10 Sure Signs You Have a Religious Spirit -

Scripture listed for #1-#3,

These could apply to:
#4 - James 2:13; Matt 7:3;
#5 - know those who labor among you - I Thess 5:12 you know when we don't have on our Sunday best faces;
#6 - lacks love (I Cor 13);
#7 & #8- Luk 11:34;
#9 - Matt 22:29 - 46;
#10 - Luke 18:10-14

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chihwahli

Apr 29, 2012
✟20,987.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do overweight people have overweight spirits?

Do people who call everything a spirit have a 'call everything a spirit spirit'?

Many conditions that people have could have a spiritual cause or strengthened by spirits. In the bible the love of money has indeed a demon, his name is mammon. Sometimes the demon is the cause and start of such condition, but sometimes it is caused by the human desire that opens the door for spirits like mammon to make the condition even worst.. That's the reason why it is sometimes so difficult to change behaviors. The spirit has claimed part of someones life.....

Your comment about overweight spirit could be a spirit of laziness etc...

Praise God , Christains can be filled by the Holy Spirit more and more.... cause your body is like a house. What spirit is in all your "rooms"??. That spirit will be leading your life.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Do people who call everything a spirit have a 'call everything a spirit spirit'?

This thread is about a religious spirit. If you want answers to your questions I suggest you start a thread with them.

Upvote 0

stealthsaint

NIGHTHAWK 777
Jul 30, 2010
Kelowna: British Columbia
✟12,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, of course. I observe it and it includes my own life. At times I have been exactly that way without noticing it then.
religious spirit in if I can suggest "church building as the house of God" or those attending in the building ARE THE VERY house of God (indwelling treasure in their earthen vessel). When Gathered what is the main type of conversation (expression of earthen vessel or conversation about problems without soul-ution or "FELLOWSHIP in LORD SPIRIT" WORKINGS THROUGH EACH OTHER since their last meeting. Words of KINGdom culture expression of the supernatural and some experiences of correction in "working out of ones salvation". all which encourage and edify as well as bring conviction for correction.

Upvote 0

stealthsaint

NIGHTHAWK 777
Jul 30, 2010
Kelowna: British Columbia
✟12,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Guage the topics of conversation
I was talking with a someone today about having a religious spirit... and I am starting to see this is something that is so common in the united states. I call it the ''Pharisee spirit.''
. are they of world events or of KINGdom culture experience. Hockey, Trump, problems,or are they of what Lord Spirit is doing in and through you as a "NEW creation" Paul referred to Lord's Body as a "New Race". OUT OF THE HEART THE MOUTH SPEAKS.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Maybe not ALL overweight people but I can say many have a glutenous spirit for sure. Even worse yet about 75% of the pastors I know are grossly overweight......

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many conditions that people have could have a spiritual cause or strengthened by spirits. In the bible the love of money has indeed a demon, his name is mammon. Sometimes the demon is the cause and start of such condition, but sometimes it is caused by the human desire that opens the door for spirits like mammon to make the condition even worst.. That's the reason why it is sometimes so difficult to change behaviors. The spirit has claimed part of someones life.....

Mammon? The word was apparently used for a false deity, but may have also referred to wealth. 'Baalsebub' was more clearly understood to be a spirit because some of the Jews considered it to be the prince of devils.

Spirits could tempt people into certain sins. But I think it is an unwise practice to assume that because someone has a problem, he has a demon, too. I suspect there is a trend for some Charismatics to diagnose spirits based on people's problems without getting any discernment from the Holy Spirit. Someone is overly religious in the wrong way, and gets accused of having a 'religious spirit.' Someone else decides to get drunk a few times, and is accused of having a demon. A woman who is too assertive is accused of having a 'Jezebel spirit'-- a spirit not mentioned in the Bible, even if she isn't leading people to fornicate or eat meat offered to idols.

IF there is a spirit behind some of this, I wonder if it may be a 'spirit of slander.' But humans can be slanderous enough. Do demons actually have to be in people for them to fornicate, murder, etc.? Can't some people just be bad?

I do not believe we should diagnose demons in people who aren't clearly demonstrating they are demoniacs without some sort of revelation from the Spirit.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe not ALL overweight people but I can say many have a glutenous spirit for sure. Even worse yet about 75% of the pastors I know are grossly overweight......

Maybe some of those people are gluttonous because they like food, lack discipline, or just have some health issue, without a demon being involved.

Are you saying they have a gluttonous spirit becuase the Holy Spirit revealed this to you or because they are fat?

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying they have a gluttonous spirit becuase the Holy Spirit revealed this to you or because they are fat?

I am saying it because the bible tells me gluttony is a sin and the fruit of the spirit is self control. I have a heard time listening to some pastor who is grossly overweight telling me about discipline. But to answer your question, the Holy Spirit has shown me people who are oppressed and influenced by demons and as a result are greedy and fat. Surely there is genetics involved but I wonder how much. Say 100 years ago it was very rare to see huge people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums