Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Somehow the "license to sin" fallacy card gets played in this argument.

No one gets up in the morning hellbent on sinning...

Isn't it sinful for a man to claim sinlessness ?

actually...some do ,they just havent admitted to themselves yet

Upvote 0

Carmenere

Dec 23, 2014
Florida
✟16,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
but the Op is not speaking of or against forgiveness ..its speaking of being free .

if you have a particular sin that you repeatedly do and cant "seem " to stop doing ... then say what you like but such a person is not yet walking in freedom to that sin.. they are in bondage to it .
freedom from a slave master is not knowing in principle that you are fre but still serving that master under bondage .. freedom is both know ing you are free an walking as a freed man .

the error some make is not realizing that we are set free from one(being evil) to serve another (being good) ..there is no vacuum where we serve self without consequence .

the lord Jesus did not come to say yoiu are set free then leave us in bondage .
whom the son sets free is free indeed... so if our deeds are in service to the flesh then we are still in bondage to it ..for to whom you yeild your mebers as slaves to obey his servant you are to whom you obey ...
we will always ultimately give ourselves in service to whom we love the most .

i found that Gods love for me over time wooed me ..he broke my heart until i was not just sorrowful in regret ..but i was broken hearted ..i wept long and bitterly in regard to my sin
with a broken and contrite heart the lord is able to show us things about ourselves without us brushing him away in self justifications.../
the lord Showed me i kept returning to my sin because i loved it more then i loved him.. and "that" was the sin i needed to repent of ... loving flesh more then God ..is missing the point of life it is falling short of his righteousness because is righteousness is life and his loving kindness better then life ..wow.

so Godly sorrow breaks the heart of flesh so that the life of God may flow out from us and be shed abroad in our hearts ..and his love, his life in us .. cannot sin

:amen:

That was well spoken. I could relate with that. I understand why I don't truly repent on some of my sins. I need to have Godly sorrow on my sins.

Upvote 0