A reality check on Darwin

foreverfaithless

May 5, 2006
✟178.00
Faith
Atheist
ThePenguinMafia said:
The idea that there is a debate IS rediculous, so I don't see why it should be taken seriously.

That's why I find it hard to believe that so many people here are talking about it. I have not decided yet how i will respond to it i personally don't know anyone who takes it seriously like the people of this website.

Upvote 0

Dal M.

...more things in heaven and earth, Horatio...
Jan 28, 2004
Ohio
✟9,758.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
ThePenguinMafia said:
The idea that there is a debate IS rediculous, so I don't see why it should be taken seriously.

Because while creationists' beliefs might be ridiculous, they have enough political power to cause a lot of damage to both science and science education.

Upvote 0

foreverfaithless

May 5, 2006
✟178.00
Faith
Atheist
Dal M. said:
Because while creationists' beliefs might be ridiculous, they have enough political power to cause a lot of damage to both science and science education.

Why talk to creationists about science it has nothing to do with science. Instead expose the foolishness of faith in the god of the bible.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
foreverfaithless said:
Why talk to creationists about science it has nothing to do with science.
Creationism may have nothing to do with science, but science has everything to do with creationism. Science again and again confirms creationism to be true. Science helps us to better understand our Bible and Gods message for us today. With new discoverys in science has come up with we can boldly go where no man has gone before. We can have better understanding then what we were able to have before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dal M.

...more things in heaven and earth, Horatio...
Jan 28, 2004
Ohio
✟9,758.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
foreverfaithless said:
Why talk to creationists about science it has nothing to do with science.

Creationism does have something to do with science, in the same way that the Black Plague had something to do with Europe. But you're right that it's not particularly useful to talk to creationists about science. It's far better, I think, to talk to scientists, educators, and lawmakers about creationism.

Instead expose the foolishness of faith in the god of the bible.

I don't believe that faith in the God of the Bible is foolish. See this thread.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dannager said:
Read: "Science again and again confirms creationism to be false, but goodness do we ever love making it difficult for the scientific community to tell anyone!"
Yeah, it is sort of a love hate relationship to be sure :) Logic and reason vs common sense and intuition.

Upvote 0

DJ_Ghost

Trad Goth
Mar 27, 2004
Durham
Visit site
✟11,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
JohnR7 said:
That would be a novel approach, why don't we start with Bush and see if we can teach him something about creationism :)

I don’t think he is ready for that yet, they still haven’t managed to teach him to speak English and its his native tongue.

Walking and breathing at the same time are still a wee tad tricky for him. When he stops for a “breather” he means it literally.

Ghost

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

foreverfaithless

May 5, 2006
✟178.00
Faith
Atheist
The bottom line is i don't have a problem with deists but creationists are nothing more than people who have faith in a myth and that includes TE.

JohnR7 the last time i asked you to acknowledge that there is no evidence for the Genesis garden of Eden and to explain how Neanderthal fits in to the bible if you cannot do this then it is impossible for me to say anything else to you.

Upvote 0

DJ_Ghost

Trad Goth
Mar 27, 2004
Durham
Visit site
✟11,186.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
foreverfaithless said:
The bottom line is i don't have a problem with deists but creationists are nothing more than people who have faith in a myth and that includes TE.

So? I mean I can understand having a “problem” with creationists foisting (or trying to) their belief system on others, but the majority of TEs don’t care what others believe. Why then should you have a problem with that?

In general I don’t have a problem with atheists (although I maintain the only truly satisfactory position is agnosticism) but radical atheists are nothing more than people with an inflated opinion of the rightness of rejecting all myth. Since the best position is agnosticism I find radical atheists as tedious as radical theists.

Moderate anything's on the other hand, now those I like.

Ghost

Upvote 0

tocis

Warrior of Thor
Jul 29, 2004
Northern Germany
✟10,966.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
foreverfaithless said:
My question is should anybody in 2006 take evolution/creation debate serious?

Without a compelling reason? No.

Unfortunately, if there are sufficiently huge hordes of overzealous creationists, there may well be a compelling reason... :help:

Upvote 0