Rook by any other name, still moves the same
Nov 20, 2012
✟15,712.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
(This is not an abortion thread)

A friend of mine posted this question, elsewhere: If you were under attack by a pregnant woman and had to choose between dying or using deadly force in self-defense, which would you choose? If you would choose self-defense, how do you reconcile harming the fetus to save your life with putting the fetus first when the life of the mother is on the line for medical or other reasons?

Here, in this thread I would like to discuss the first sentence - If you were under attack by a pregnant woman and had to choose between dying or using deadly force in self-defense, which would you choose? but included his whole initial question for the purpose of context.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Here, in this thread I would like to discuss the first sentence - If you were under attack by a pregnant woman and had to choose between dying or using deadly force in self-defense, which would you choose? but included his whole initial question for the purpose of context.

When being attacked with that level of intent, one would not likely have time to sort out all the moral delimmas.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
When being attacked with that level of intent, one would not likely have time to sort out all the moral delimmas.
true, BUT you would still have the issue to deal with after the fact. Meaning for the rest of your life you would be forced to live with that decision.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
At least I would have a life to ponder the decision.
or regret it. One thing to keep in mind too is depending on how far along the woman was they may could take the baby even if you killed the mother ( in the last couple of months).

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
or regret it. One thing to keep in mind too is depending on how far along the woman was they may could take the baby even if you killed the mother ( in the last couple of months).

Bottom line, if a pregnant woman is threatening my life, I would imagine the normal fight or flight responses ingrained in us all, would kick in to defend ones self.

The outcome, would be the outcome and you would have to live with it.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

A friend of mine posted this question, elsewhere: If you were under attack by a pregnant woman and had to choose between dying or using deadly force in self-defense, which would you choose? If you would choose self-defense, how do you reconcile harming the fetus to save your life with putting the fetus first when the life of the mother is on the line for medical or other reasons?

I would defend myself in that situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums