Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm kind of worried about what you're seeking, Goldfish. A dear friend of mine recently had her son die from a toxic overdose of mushrooms because of his search for the same thing. He had never used any drugs or alcohol prior to this....but was promised it would "lead him to God". Unfortunately that wasn't untrue.

• Prayers
Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

F.E.A.R.

Emperor's Children
May 14, 2016
Warhammer 40K Universe
✟71,398.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
God won't give a you a "lucid dream" even if you prayed day and night for a it. Not even an out of "body experience" (astral projection). These sorts of things are to be avoided because they're demonic by nature and can lead to many problems.

How about study some Church history and study what exactly is a prayer? Also during prayer, mental imagination and images are to be avoided.

• Winner
Reactions: AllDayFaith
Upvote 0

F.E.A.R.

Emperor's Children
May 14, 2016
Warhammer 40K Universe
✟71,398.00
Country
Serbia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm curious about this. Would you be able to point me to scripture, for my own study? Thank you. :)
God offers visions only to those who have put off the old Adam and put on the New. But despite God offering them visions, many desert fathers and monks rejected the visions and dreams from God. Mental imagination and images block the nous (intellect) from communicating with God. They first of distract you, but if you pay attention to them, then mental images and imagination become a wall between you and God during prayer. Sometimes the devil will put thoughts or images forcefully and this is hard to combat without prayer. Whether during prayer or when we're not praying, fantasizing or imagining stuff is the devil mocking us. It's a hard pill to swallow but it's true. Mental imagination and images during prayer has been condemned more than thousand years ago, especially against Western ascetics who practiced it.

I'm just gonna leave this here. Mental imagery during prayer

Upvote 0

venksta

Jesus is humanity's most successful rebel.
May 12, 2004
Kingdom of God
✟82,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God offers visions only to those who have put off the old Adam and put on the New. But despite God offering them visions, many desert fathers and monks rejected the visions and dreams from God. Mental imagination and images block the nous (intellect) from communicating with God. They first of distract you, but if you pay attention to them, then mental images and imagination become a wall between you and God during prayer. Sometimes the devil will put thoughts or images forcefully and this is hard to combat without prayer. Whether during prayer or when we're not praying, fantasizing or imagining stuff is the devil mocking us. It's a hard pill to swallow but it's true. Mental imagination and images during prayer has been condemned more than thousand years ago, especially against Western ascetics who practiced it.

I'm just gonna leave this here. Mental imagery during prayer

Thank you for taking the time to reply back. I appreciate it, and will read up on this. God bless.

Reactions: F.E.A.R.
Upvote 0