US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Would God ever allow a Christian to wait their whole life just to find out they are going to hell?

I don't want that to be me. I repent and I pray and I want to love God I read the bible, but I'm scared God will send me to hell at the end of my life because of schizophrenic voices singing to me through someone else's headphones saying I lost my soul. It's been like 2 months since this happened and I can't get over my fear. As you can imagine living with the fear you are condemned until death.

Help! There has to be some way of truly knowing if I'm going to heaven or hell. I can't live my whole life with this fear.

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would God ever allow a Christian to wait their whole life just to find out they are going to hell?

I don't want that to be me. I repent and I pray and I want to love God I read the bible, but I'm scared God will send me to hell at the end of my life because of schizophrenic voices singing to me through someone else's headphones saying I lost my soul. It's been like 2 months since this happened and I can't get over my fear. As you can imagine living with the fear you are condemned until death.

Help! There has to be some way of truly knowing if I'm going to heaven or hell. I can't live my whole life with this fear.
Hi Angeleyes
If you're worried about going to hell, it means you're not going. Those going do not worry abou it.

Also, you have a mental disability and much will nr forgiven for this reason.

God loves those that love him in any way they are able to.

Read about The Prodigal Son. Luke.
Don't be afraid.
Trust in God to take you home.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

“Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Matthew 7:22–23 (KJV 1900)

• Agree
Reactions: Freth
Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

No.

What I believe, as far as Calvinist doctrine goes, is that one who is not "one of the elect" will never truly believe to begin with. Those who God has chosen will choose to love Him and believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior because "we love Him because He first loved us."

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No.

What I believe, as far as Calvinist doctrine goes, is that one who is not "one of the elect" will never truly believe to begin with. Those who God has chosen will choose to love Him and believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior because "we love Him because He first loved us."
No Spiritfilled.
If you're reformed, then you believe that you love God because He predestined you to love Him.
But I will not say anything further and derail this thread.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,009,475.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Trust in God. 100%

Listen to God's voice in scripture and in your heart.

BELIEVE in God. BELIEVE He wants you in heaven, because, He does!

Stay firm in your faith and love of God no matter how rocky the road is at times.

God bless you

Upvote 0

Nitsud

Jul 17, 2021
Cherokee
✟11,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.” Matthew 7:22–23 (KJV 1900)

Read the entirety of the bible. At the least in response to this quote the entirety of Matthew chapter 7.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Read the entirety of the bible. At the least in response to this quote the entirety of Matthew chapter 7.

That's the scripture that scares me. Living my whole life just for God to say depart from me. Like never really knowing if I'm doomed or not.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Apply II Peter 1

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nitsud

Jul 17, 2021
Cherokee
✟11,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have lived many of my days telling people that I only have one fear. I fear dying without THE GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Though I question my right to be loved by him the Word of the Lord assures me.

I once was living a life of condemnation. I was laying in my bed and darkness fell upon me as deep and heavy as that of the Egyptians, "Darkness that can be felt". Now I was brought to the Lord as a child and misguided into falling away. I did not spend much time in church or in scripture. The one thing that I remembered that night was of Gods saving grace. I remembered the Lords prayer and prayed it in the only hope I had. In a moment the room luminated like that of day. To my astonishment there stood tree beings of light in my room. One at each window and one at the door. No I cannot place a form to them other than that I knew they contained life and grace and security. What a mighty shelter is our God. At that moment all my fears were relieved and my adversary was humbled before the Lord.

I still to this day at times question my ability to retain my salvation because I am a sinner, yet I am assured by the grace of his Word.

Another time I heard a voice, not in my head, but not from a human. That voice told me "He cannot hear you because of your sins". I am assured through faith that our father in Heaven does hear me.

Normally when the adversary tries to assault me I sing praises to the Lord and let the bad thoughts go wayward without me. My favorite song to sing in these times is; I will call upon the Lord. Another great song is; Amazing Grace.

As I said before we should all read the entirety of the Bible for understanding of God. If a person cannot read it can be read to them. There is also audio.

Remember none are saved by deed, but by faith alone. If you believe, the actions will follow.

The Bible says fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. The term used for fear in this verse is יראה. This term means to keep him in the for front of your mind as you would something you have complete concern of. This is why the Hebrews were told to put his words on their door posts and all over their house. They were also told to teach it to their children. A funny thing about teaching makes you better versed at what you are teaching.

May the Lord bless your journey through this temporary home weary traveler. I will pray for your understanding of his love and grace.

Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I’m with GodsGrace101.
If you’re worried, you have nothing to worry about.
It sounds strange, but I’ve seen a lot of crappy people who are convinced they are perfect and have their free pass to heaven.
And people who are concerned that they are not living up to God’s standards are the ones actually trying to do so.

Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's the scripture that scares me. Living my whole life just for God to say depart from me. Like never really knowing if I'm doomed or not.
Those are some of the verses that should give you peace.
Just like the parable of goats and sheep.

You’re not running around bragging how righteous and pious you are.
Those are the ones who the Lord casts out.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟787,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

Do you mean, by "Christian", one who claims to be saved and believes they are saved but are not? Or are you asking if one whom God has chosen for his own, can be lost?

My confidence is in the fact that God will accomplish all he set out to do. If that means I am not one of those he has chosen for mercy, he is still magnificent, beautiful, and completely worthy to be praised. My happiness is in his satisfaction with his plan —not in my felt security of salvation. My expectation (Biblical 'hope') is in finally seeing him as he is— the one for whom humans were made, and they are incomplete until they are one with him (glorified).

This life is not about you, but about Christ.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm scared God will send me to hell at the end of my life because of schizophrenic voices singing to me through someone else's headphones saying I lost my soul.

Why do you believe these voices and not the evidence of the bible and of your love for Jesus?

Have you never read John 3:16-18, those who believe in Me will never perish.

As for those lying voices, just acknowledge them. Say to them, 'Yes you're right.' and move on.

Jesus died for you. Investigate what that meant, learn something of the extent of his love for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You and many others seem to be an example of this.

I would think God will let you torture oneself (with all kind of doubts) for the rest of your life, if you do not believe His promise in The Bible. I mean God has already made the promise what else does He need to do.

And that promise is anyone who trust in The Messiah has received God's free gift of Eternal Life.

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

Do not believe God, then spend the rest of your life, doubting and not knowing if you have received God's free gift of Eternal Life and where you are headed for eternity.

• Agree
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

Nitsud

Jul 17, 2021
Cherokee
✟11,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have many times. But I must be missing your point. Please share it.

I see the question was- "Would God ever allow a Christian to wait their whole life just to find out they are going to hell?" Yes. According to scripture. You quoted a great verse to answer the question directly.

Forgive me if it appeared that I was disputing your response.

My point is that many people, myself included, give advice and direction with scripture quoting a single verse. In some situations and with some people that leads to intimidation and or confusion.

For some that is a blatant threat to them. The scriptures revolving around that particular one give instruction to have a chance to repeal a go to Hell verdict. I am a firm believer in letting people know that condemnation is for the unrepentant and unbelieving. To that I would say that no a Christian can not be sent to Hell. A Christian is someone who believes and their acts will reflect it as Christ said in Matthew 25. I am quoting a chapter here because there is explanation to us who are in need of more than just the verse 40 "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." or verse 45 "Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me."

Some people try to use the Bible Like a magic 8 ball and randomly open to a page, read the first verse they see and expect that is the answer. But, if they look at the entire picture they see the world in a different light.

I was not condemning your answer. I am simply asking some one in need to look at the whole picture.

Also when I said in this post that their acts will reflect I was not saying your acts get you into Heaven. I was pointing as Jesus did in John 13:34-35, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see the question was- "Would God ever allow a Christian to wait their whole life just to find out they are going to hell?" Yes. According to scripture. You quoted a great verse to answer the question directly.

Forgive me if it appeared that I was disputing your response.

My point is that many people, myself included, give advice and direction with scripture quoting a single verse. In some situations and with some people that leads to intimidation and or confusion.

For some that is a blatant threat to them. The scriptures revolving around that particular one give instruction to have a chance to repeal a go to Hell verdict. I am a firm believer in letting people know that condemnation is for the unrepentant and unbelieving. To that I would say that no a Christian can not be sent to Hell. A Christian is someone who believes and their acts will reflect it as Christ said in Matthew 25. I am quoting a chapter here because there is explanation to us who are in need of more than just the verse 40 "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." or verse 45 "Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me."

Some people try to use the Bible Like a magic 8 ball and randomly open to a page, read the first verse they see and expect that is the answer. But, if they look at the entire picture they see the world in a different light.

I was not condemning your answer. I am simply asking some one in need to look at the whole picture.

Also when I said in this post that their acts will reflect I was not saying your acts get you into Heaven. I was pointing as Jesus did in John 13:34-35, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."
Here's the way it works. None of the people God chose to save will ever be lost. And, none of the people God didn't choose to save will ever be saved. So striking fear in a person's heart about salvation can only send them into the world where they belong. Or send them to Christ where God actually saves them. Relax........

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Do you mean, by "Christian", one who claims to be saved and believes they are saved but are not? Or are you asking if one whom God has chosen for his own, can be lost?

My confidence is in the fact that God will accomplish all he set out to do. If that means I am not one of those he has chosen for mercy, he is still magnificent, beautiful, and completely worthy to be praised. My happiness is in his satisfaction with his plan —not in my felt security of salvation. My expectation (Biblical 'hope') is in finally seeing him as he is— the one for whom humans were made, and they are incomplete until they are one with him (glorified).

This life is not about you, but about Christ.

Well I want God's plan too, but I don't want to burn as well. I wouldn't be happy with a plan that casts me into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0