A powerful letter from the wife of a inappropriate content addict...

SaltwaterHeart

A Christian Furry And A Christian Brony
Mar 12, 2014
Minnesota
✟7,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I want to bring up something from the original article:

many do not even think there’s a problem, but it has them held captive. I have heard another woman say she would rather her husband were doing drugs; at least there are programs to get past that demon.

There are programs that help with inappropriate contentography addiction. One is inappropriate content Addicts Anonymous, and the other is Sexaholics Anonymous. At the bottom of the PAA website, it mentions that Co-Dependents Anonymous can help family members and loved ones of addicts. All three follow the twelve steps and twelve traditions of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Also, there's XXXChurch.Com. It's a website that helps people who are addicted to inappropriate contentography, as well as those who work in the industry. I don't know which domination they fall under, but it may be of some help.

I'm curious: What was the name of the documentary? I might want to try and watch it.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please share.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Here's pseudo-science for you...Liberals like to say that people are wired for sex, and so we should give birth control to teens because 'they're just going to do it anyway.' So if this is true, and humans are like other animals and hard-wired for sex, why is it such a leap to understand that, if you present a sexual Disneyland, that people aren't going to let themselves go crazy with it?

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Exactly. Just like any vice. Some people love cake, and have to eat loads of it every day, and the more they eat, the more they want to eat. So let's lock them in a production bakery for a week or so, and say "What's the problem? I don't have a problem with eating cake? It's no big deal." Of course, the government wants to regulate your consumption of sugar, but inappropriate content is ok?

Gambling can be addictive too, so can alcohol, and so can all drugs. The fact that it doesn't 'affect' you, is anecdotal. The one component of sin that people seem to forget is that you're sinning against someone else. Objectifying people in any way, shape or form is a sin. So whether it's about plastic naked bodies, or whatever, it's a sin.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Just as a witness, I'd be interested. I have grandchildren who might like to know your experience.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I read the "inappropriate content is more addictive than heroin and cocaine" article, foolishly thinking that the title were something other than click bait and that the article would address, you know, the comparative addiction rates of people who dabble in inappropriate content vs coke an heroin. I figure it would cover the withdrawal process, relapse rates, relative likelihood of the addict to turn to crime or harm his family. I was disappointed. Hyperbole does nothing to help the cause if anti-inappropriate content people and in fact harms it. Many people are occasional inappropriate content users and have no apparent negative results, and when they see such ridiculous statements being made, they must conclude that we're all nutters. Apparently anti-inappropriate content crusaders have seen the way the pro-life movement shoots itself in the foot and elected to follow suit.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

From NPR:

National Review: Getting Serious On inappropriate contentography

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=125382361

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ok, then. Carry on. Go enjoy yourself...if you can't understand what the article is getting at, who's fault is that? It's sorta like people who watch the beginning of Patton (when it came out) and couldn't get past his speech habits...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ok, then. Carry on. Go enjoy yourself...if you can't understand what the article is getting at, who's fault is that? It's sorta like people who watch the beginning of Patton (when it came out) and couldn't get past his speech habits...

Huh? Was I expecting too much of that piece, given its title?

Michie, the wall of text you copied and pasted didn't address a single thing I mentioned.

We should be opposed to inappropriate contentography. We shouldn't resort to cheap scare tactics and bad arguments, that doesn't strengthen our cause.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You do not like the NPR article as well? You do realize this is all still being studied right?

Let me post the infamous article you an Antigone are focusing on to the exclusion of all else in this thread & we can go from there.

inappropriate content Is More Addictive Than Cocaine or Heroin!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And from the commentary:

Upvote 0

Nani-Day

Lambda 11
Dec 8, 2013
New York
✟1,600.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've been addicted to inappropriate content since I was 13, and it's eating me alive. Nothing I think of can sexually satisfy me anymore. Im always looking for the next level of intense pleasure. Only watching inappropriate content calms me down. Everything else has gradually grown more and more boring. I've been playing with idea of uploading my own videos lately. I dont actually want to, but occasionally the idea gets me excited. I'm pathetic for giving in so easily and i pray everyday for help, but I know inappropriate content is what helped me to become such a perverted monster.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Women deal with it as well. Maybe you can seek out professional help? Prayers for you Jaded.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

you are not a monster
you are a sinner like the rest of us, who hopes on the Mercy of Christ

you are a human being made in the image and likeness of God

you are a hostage who Christ paid a great price for to save from slavery to death and sin

I am so sorry that you are going through this

thank you for being so brave and speaking so candidly

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen.

inappropriate content brings a shame to those who use it though. Another reason it is unhealthy.

Upvote 0