A powerful letter from the wife of a inappropriate content addict...

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I did, in some detail. I pointed out the sources, the lack of peer-reviews, the post hoc ergo propter hoc, the faulty conclusions. You never replied to that particular post. Aside from actually going out into the field and perfoming a study myself, I'm not sure what else you want me to do.

This, one hundred times over.

Michie, again I ask you: do you think it is okay to spread lies to get the message across? I've asked you three times and you haven't answered me yet, as far as I can tell.

I don't think I've been rude to you. I've just been questioning the validity of what you posted. You seem to have taken this very personally for some reason, but you're being unnecessarily hostile.

That's the point -these studies do not say it can be as addictive as a hard drug, which has been pointed out to you several times. And it's not matter of needlessly nitpicking stuff just because you happen to be the one who posted it. As Mike said, we need to guard the image we create. We do not want to come across as a group who aren't interested in the truth, only in what we want the truth to be.

They are if they're cross-referenced, and most Wikis these days are.
I think I have repeatedly answered every question you have put out there in this thread. Reread it. You forget the links came with the letter which was the actual OP. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the content of the article you are focusing on. The NPR article is not saying much different.

You can infer I'm intentionally spreading lies but I'm not. So you are just going to have to let this one go.

If you feel lies are being spread, contact the author of the link.

But I'm going to continue posting & hope people eventually learn to discuss things in light of the Catholic faith & stop appointing themselves the censor police of what they consider worthy or not. It's the way of message boards.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
a bit of charity should be used with other Christians....

if you think that someone is saying something that is not correct, the best thing to do is try and correct them and think it was an honest mistake

just going on about "lies" is very uncharitable and all it does is move the topic to the truthfulness of other Christians instead of on the dangers of inappropriate content

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
a bit of charity should be used with other Christians....

if you think that someone is saying something that is not correct, the best thing to do is try and correct them and think it was an honest mistake

just going on about "lies" is very uncharitable and all it does is move the topic to the truthfulness of other Christians instead of on the dangers of inappropriate content
Exactly. This game has been played for years. I'm not playing.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you very much Michie :) God bless you
Thank you! :)

Here is more if you are interested.

inappropriate content May Be Bad for Your Brain, Study Suggests
A German study suggests that watching inappropriate content may be linked to reduced activity in certain areas of the brain

A new study finds that men who watch a lot of inappropriate contentography tend to have less gray matter volume as well as less activity in the region of the brain linked to rewards.

The German study, published in JAMA Psychiatry and which analyzed a relatively small sample, provides the first evidence which could lead to establishing a link between inappropriate contentography consumption and brain size. However, it did not determine whether watching inappropriate content leads to the decreased volume and activity, or if people born with certain brain characteristics watch more inappropriate content.

Continued- Watching inappropriate content May Be Bad for Your Brain, Study Suggests - TIME

Upvote 0

Logan Musil

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
✟15,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am deeply saddened by all of this, every heart being broken by inappropriate content. In case it would be helpful to anyone, I’d like to offer this new release: ‘From inappropriate content to Infinite Pleasure: Rescue from inappropriate content’s Prison.’ It’s on Amazon at Amazon.com: From inappropriate content to Infinite Pleasure: Rescue from inappropriate content's Prison eBook: Logan Musil: Kindle Store and free at From inappropriate content to Infinite Pleasure |. Blessings to all, Logan

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2010
✟8,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thank you! :)

Here is more if you are interested.

inappropriate content May Be Bad for Your Brain, Study Suggests

Continued- Watching inappropriate content May Be Bad for Your Brain, Study Suggests - TIME

Thank you Michie. Its been 5 years no inappropriate content for me and I thank the good Lord for every one of those years. I don't plan on ever going back to inappropriate content again.
May God grant me the graces to stay on track

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you Michie. Its been 5 years no inappropriate content for me and I thank the good Lord for every one of those years. I don't plan on ever going back to inappropriate content again.
May God grant me the graces to stay on track
Amen.

God bless you. :)

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The fact that some people go on 4 hour inappropriate content binges doesn't substantiate the claim that the author made that it is more addictive than heroin or cocaine. While they, whoever they are, might say that half of the men in most churches are looking at inappropriate content, that is not evidence that it is more addictive than anything. What would happen to the inappropriate content addicts tomorrow if God snapped his Holy fingers and took all the inappropriate content away instantly, never to return? Would they get the shakes? Would they scratch their skin off? Would they die? There exist or have existed places where inappropriate content is illegal, presumably there is also an underground market for inappropriate content. Donor did those societies have huge crime issues involving people robbing and killing to get it?

I don't know who's pain you think I'm downplaying. We have a duty to stand for truth. I have stated that inappropriate content is bad. inappropriate content is a grave evil. We can make good, reasoned arguments why inappropriate contentography is bad without resorting to unsubstantiated statements, just like we can show that contraception is a grave evil without resorting to fudging numbers re the effectiveness of NFP. When we are trying to convince someone that something they like is wrong, like we are with modern society and inappropriate contentography, we need to be careful not to form alliances with those who spread comfortable falsehoods that will harm our cause in the long run. Our house must be clean in that regard, lest all our arguments be dismissed as crying wolf.

Very spot on in what you were seeking to address with some of the arguments. It is true that inappropriate contentagraphy is a very great evil. And it is highly addictive. Nonetheless, to say that it is more addictive than other drugs would be a matter of speaking without evidence - it may be addictive than other drugs for some people or large groups of people. But there are still others who did inappropriate contentagraphy and were MORE addicted still to hard core drugs they were using prior to it - or addicted to other things. It really depends on who you are talking to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums