• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

A political hypothetical

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by HTacianas, Nov 10, 2018.

1. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+5,775
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    If you showed up at one these political demonstrations carrying a sign saying:

I DEMAND CALM AND REASONABLE DISCUSSION!!

Which side would be most likely to beat you to death?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. morse86

morse86 Junior Member

+595
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    Both sides, because I read the word of God...........not Satan which controls both sides of the duality paradigm.

Morality and values CANNOT come from society. Please think about it (aztecs, mayans, hitler, mao etc............I mean the list is endless).

3. mark kennedy

mark kennedy Natura non facit saltum Supporter

+7,259
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    If I were there I would spray you with silly string and demand you play pokeman with me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Northbrook

Northbrook No sé vivir sin Dios

+259
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    US-Republican
    Your question is reminding me of the cover photos on this week's Time Magazine. (There is a foldout photo, and back cover photo, too.). The first photo shows protesters holding lots of picket signs with slogans. You can tell that these first protesters are supposed to be liberals. Then, in contrast, the second photo shows a lot of men and women, nicely dressed in business attire, with NO picket signs. And it made me think, you know, it's actually kind of true, that when conservatives protest something, a lot of them don't carry picket signs, they just march or whatever with no sign. Anyway, that's what I think the second photo is supposed to depict: conservatives. Has anybody else seen these Time photos?

5. mark kennedy

mark kennedy Natura non facit saltum Supporter

+7,259
    Calvinist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Your going to get sprayed with silly string if you try that.

6. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+5,775
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Why do people keep saying that? Do I have a sign on my back that says I want to play pokemon? It's always with the pokemon.

7. Unofficial Reverand Alex

Unofficial Reverand Alex Look up Jason Evert on YouTube; he changed my life Supporter

+2,677
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Constitution
    I suppose it has more to do with who's there in particular; some conservatives are more violent than others, and some liberals are more violent than others. We tend to see more violence from one side or the other, depending on who's telling the stories.

Also, watch out for the guy with silly string.^_^

8. Chesterton

Chesterton Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding Supporter

+17,863
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Hmm, that's a tough one. Let me try and logic it out.

1. Beating someone is a crime.
    2. Only criminals wear masks to cover their faces in public.

I'm gonna says it's the side with their faces covered.

9. expos4ever

expos4ever Well-Known Member

+4,122
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    The KKK?

10. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+7,036
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    The one whose leader encouraged them to attack protesters, I suppose.

At least that's the way it's been so far.

11. The Barbarian

+7,036
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Unless they attacked someone else first. Self-defense is not a crime. You just better be able to show that they attacked you first.

Not in a free society. You can do that. Notice the alt-right, white nationalists, and KKK doing it, without being arrested. It's legal.

Those guys do have a history of violence. So I suppose you're right.

12. The Barbarian

+7,036
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Give that man a beer!

13. Chesterton

+17,863
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    You're behind the times. It's been decades since the KKK was the terrorist arm of the Democrat Party. They've got new thugs working for them. Black is the new white.

14. Shiloh Raven

Shiloh Raven Well-Known Member

+11,244
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    White nationalists are more in the Unite the Right now. They are the Neo-Nazi Trump supporters who chanted "Hail Trump!" and carried tiki torches while they march out in public.

15. The Barbarian

+7,036
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Now they're the terrorist arm of the republican party. They abandoned the democrats when the democrats passed the civil rights act.

16. The Barbarian

+7,036
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Citronella nazis. Cool.

17. Chesterton

+17,863
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Oh, The Democrats passed the Civil Rights Act! Really? Was your history teacher drunk? You probably think the English bombed Pearl Harbor.

18. The Barbarian

+7,036
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Yep. LBJ sent it to Congress, and the democrat leadership got it passed. Every southern republican, and some northern republicans voted against it.

LBJ signed it into law.

Later on, Nixon saw his chance. In the words of his political advisor, Kevin Philips:

From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.
    Southern strategy - Wikipedia

19. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+6,624
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    At my state's Second Amendment march, there were signs, and not a lot of the participants were wearing business attire. Lots of sloganed t-shirts and hats though.

20. No Swansong

No Swansong Formerly Jtbdad Christian on every board!

+619
    Christian
    Married
    US-Green
    I've never been attacked by a Democrat, I have been by a Republican. I fully admit however that my experience certainly doesn't indicate a trend or a probability.