Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, the other night I used a Tascan audio recorder to record the sounds I make while I sleep. I put a battery pack on it so that it could run all night. Some initial things noted:

I snore moderately loudly in the first half hour and the last half hour of my sleep period, but I'm quiet between those times. In both cases, I know I'm sleeping on my sides, because I always go to sleep on my left side and wake up on my right side. I don't know why I'm always on my right side when I wake up; I deliberately go to sleep on my left side to try to balance that out.

But curiously, my entire sleep period seems to run in 30-minute intervals of audible sleep-breathing breathing punctuated by two minutes of quiet breathing. It's curiously consistent: 30 minutes on, two minutes off through the course of the night.

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I was overweight I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and I snored. When I lost some weight I quit using the machine because it sucks. My wife says I don't snore anymore but I don't truster because we've been sleeping together for 35 years and I think she's immune to it. My have to look into that Tascan device.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was overweight I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and I snored. When I lost some weight I quit using the machine because it sucks. My wife says I don't snore anymore but I don't truster because we've been sleeping together for 35 years and I think she's immune to it. My have to look into that Tascan device.
It's just a simple audio recorder. The model I use cost about $50 bucks. I use it for video sessions.

I went to a clinic several years ago for a sleep apnea test. They hooked me up and set me in an inclined position for sleep. The problem was that I already knew I slept better inclined...and I had the best night's sleep during the test that I'd had in years.

I do snore on my back, though.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's just a simple audio recorder. The model I use cost about $50 bucks. I use it for video sessions.

I went to a clinic several years ago for a sleep apnea test. They hooked me up and set me in an inclined position for sleep. The problem was that I already knew I slept better inclined...and I had the best night's sleep during the test that I'd had in years.

I do snore on my back, though.
thank you, I sleep on my right side cause my right eye broe always sticks up.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
A few years ago I bought a wearable device to track blood oxygen at night, just to see if I had sleep apnea, because sometimes I do snore. It connects to a tablet or phone through bluetooth. I ended up loaning to my dad so he could track his sleep apnea.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A few years ago I bought a wearable device to track blood oxygen at night, just to see if I had sleep apnea, because sometimes I do snore. It connects to a tablet or phone through bluetooth. I ended up loaning to my dad so he could track his sleep apnea.
I'll look into that also, that seems a little easier than listening to a 6-hour recording. Man, I need to catch up to Tech. Thx I'm gald this thread was created because I've been wondering about it since my heart attack last month. Peace

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'll look into that also, that seems a little easier than listening to a 6-hour recording. Man, I need to catch up to Tech. Thx I'm gald this thread was created because I've been wondering about it since my heart attack last month. Peace
My main interest was to determine how much disturbance I might be causing my wife.

• Informative
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My main interest was to determine how much disturbance I might be causing my wife.
Lol, I feel you. Man, my wife complained about my snoring and left the bedroom especially after I drank. I had to get an extra hotel room for my daughters when we traveled for sports. I quit drinking long ago and since I lost a little weight recently my wife said I don't snore as much. I need to verify and I'm glad you guys turned me on to this technology because I don't want to put pressure on my heart since my heart attack at the end of Sept. Peace

Upvote 0