Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
At Calvary. Read Heb 8, 9 and 10

Why not go directly to the source?

This is what Yahshua said moments before he ascended:

(CLV) Lk 24:44
Now He said to them, "These are My words, which I speak to you, still being with you, for all must be fulfilled that is written in the law of Moses and the prophets and psalms concerning Me."

In case you aren't aware of the fact; this was after Calvary.

The best is yet to come.

Reactions: Studyman
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is not enough? Some scripture would help.

(CLV) Jer 33:18
As for the Levitical priests there shall not be cut off a man from before Me who offers up the ascent offering and fumes the approach present and offers sacrifices for all the days.

(CLV) Mal 3:4
Then the approach present of Judah and Jerusalem will be congenial to Yahweh as in the days of the eon, and as in former years.

(CLV) Ho 3:4
For many days shall the sons of Israel dwell without king and without chief official, And without sacrifice and without altar, And without ephod or Urim and Thummim.

(CLV) Ho 3:5
Afterward the sons of Israel shall return, And they will seek Yahweh their Elohim, and David their king; They will come in awe to Yahweh and to His goodness in the latter days.

(CLV) Isa 56:7
I will bring them also to My holy mountain And make them rejoice in My house of prayer; Their ascent offerings and their sacrifices They shall offer up for acceptance on My altar, For My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.

(CLV) Ezk 44:23
They shall direct My people to distinguish between the holy and the profane, and they shall inform them the difference between the unclean and the clean.

(CLV) Ezk 44:24
In a controversy it is they who shall officiate in judgment; in accord with My ordinances, thus they will judge it; My laws and My statutes shall they observe at all My appointed times, and My sabbaths shall they hallow.

(CLV) Ezk 44:29
The approach present, the sin offering and the guilt offering, they shall eat them, and every devoted thing in Israel shall become theirs.

(CLV) Ezk 44:30
The first of all the firstfruits of all, and every heave offering of all, from all your heave offerings, it shall become the priests'. And the first of your coarse meal you shall give to the priest ›that a blessing may rest- ›on your house.

(CLV) Zch 14:21
And every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah will come to be holy to Yahweh of hosts. And all who are sacrificing will come and take of them and cook in them. And not longer shall there be a trafficker in the house of Yahweh of hosts, in that day.

(CLV) Ezk 45:17
Yet on the prince's part, he shall be obliged for the ascent offerings and the approach present and the libation on the festivals and new moons and sabbaths and on all the appointed assemblies of the house of Israel. He shall provide the sin offering, the approach present, the ascent offering and the peace offerings to make a propitiatory shelter on behalf of the house of Israel.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Did I indicate such a thing?

That's what I'm asking you to clarify. In your understanding, was Moses saved through his faithfulness to his covenant with YHWH, or not?

Could he have been saved if he had rejected the covenant?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,396.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That's what I'm asking you to clarify. In your understanding, was Moses saved through his faithfulness to his covenant with YHWH, or not?

What did Jesus mean when He said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father but by Me."? (John 14:6)

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If that is what you want to know why didn't you ask it in the first place instead of accusing me of something I never indicated?

No, Moses was not saved through his faithfulness to God's covenant. I am not the judge if he could have been saved if he rejected the covenant. He and the Israelites could have told God that they couldn't live up to all the commands and negotiations could have taken place. God was going to destroy all of the Israelites, but Moses talked Him out of doing it. Israel broke the covenant while in the wilderness, but God was merciful and didn't cut them off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No, Moses was not saved through his faithfulness to God's covenant.

So how was he saved?

I am not the judge if he could have been saved if he rejected the covenant.

(CLV) Num 15:30
Yet the soul who is doing anything with a high hand, from the native and from the sojourner, he is taunting Yahweh; that soul will be cut off from among his people,

(CLV) Num 15:31
since the word of Yahweh he despised and His instruction he annulled. That soul shall be cut off, yea cut off; his depravity is on him.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So how was he saved?
Since the Sinai covenant could not save anyone because it was not a salvational covenant we can look to Abraham and his relation to God and how he was saved. All of God's faithful have been and will be saved by the Blood of the Lamb, our Savior Jesus Christ. I cannot believe you didn't already know that my friend.

Before the foundation of the Earth the Godhead knew His creation would sin and the plan of salvation was formed. The Son would bear all of the sins of man. "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began" (2 Timothy 1:9).

(CLV) Num 15:30
Yet the soul who is doing anything with a high hand, from the native and from the sojourner, he is taunting Yahweh; that soul will be cut off from among his people,
How is that verse relevant?

(CLV) Num 15:31
since the word of Yahweh he despised and His instruction he annulled. That soul shall be cut off, yea cut off; his depravity is on him.
Another verse that is not relevant.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Since the Sinai covenant could not save anyone because it was not a salvational covenant we can look to Abraham and his relation to God and how he was saved.

Moses stands with Christ in glory in Matt 17 - before the cross.

Gal 1:6-9 there is only "one Gospel" in all of time and "the gospel was preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8 -- even before Moses.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Moses was saved by the new covenant. There is but one name given among men whereby we must be saved. No?

Amen!

In Heb 8:4-12 we are told that it was Christ speaking at Sinai and Christ speaking in Jer 31:31-34 - the New Covenant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Since the Sinai covenant could not save anyone because it was not a salvational covenant we can look to Abraham and his relation to God and how he was saved. All of God's faithful have been and will be saved by the Blood of the Lamb, our Savior Jesus Christ. I cannot believe you didn't already know that my friend.

Before the foundation of the Earth the Godhead knew His creation would sin and the plan of salvation was formed. The Son would bear all of the sins of man. "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began" (2 Timothy 1:9).

Don't believe that I didn't know that Salvation comes through Yahshua. You might be surprised at what I know. I would like to see if you know why you believe what you believe.

We weren't talking about Abraham. We were talking about Moses.

Now why did YHWH, tell Moses to tell Yah's people, to keep his commandments forever? Why did Yahshua clarify his father's words by saying that nothing will pass from the Torah; if man was never saved by the Torah? Since we (meaning everyone back to Adam) can only be saved through Yahshua; why did Yahshua himself keep the Torah; as he told us to follow him in his example?

Do you think that there is another way? Do you think that those who mocked Noah could have been saved by building their own ark?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,396.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Don't believe that I didn't know that Salvation comes through Yahshua. You might be surprised at what I know. I would like to see if you know why you believe what you believe.

We weren't talking about Abraham. We were talking about Moses.

Now why did YHWH, tell Moses to tell Yah's people, to keep his commandments forever? Why did Yahshua clarify his father's words by saying that nothing will pass from the Torah; if man was never saved by the Torah? Since we (meaning everyone back to Adam) can only be saved through Yahshua; why did Yahshua himself keep the Torah; as he told us to follow him in his example?

Do you think that there is another way? Do you think that those who mocked Noah could have been saved by building their own ark?

Oops! That means that all those Gentile Christian men are going to hell because they weren't circumcised. What a shock!

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
How is that verse relevant?

Do you believe that YHWH will allow those in his Kingdom, who reject his word?

(CLV) 1Co 6:3
Are you not aware that we shall be judging messengers, not to mention life's affairs?

Upvote 0

namohcam

Dec 11, 2020
Northeast
✟6,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
Amen!

In Heb 8:4-12 we are told that it was Christ speaking at Sinai and Christ speaking in Jer 31:31-34 - the New Covenant.
Amen right backatcha!

Give God the glory!

The main disconnect in this discussion is with the value and purpose of covenants, with which evangelical Christianity is obsessed. They insist that the old covenant was doomed before it was instituted. Deuteronomy 5:29 (for one) tells a different story. It had a dual purpose and, although it failed to do what God had desired in the hearts of the nation of Israel, it was fulfilled marvelously in its job of diagramming the process of atonement. The entire theme of the book of Hebrews is "better"--not "genuine." Only the part of the covenant that was uttered by the children of Israel was faulty. God makes no faulty covenants and He changes not. Of course, I'm likely preaching to the choir in including this in my response to you. :D

Upvote 0