Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Guys I have full confidence where I will go when I die......Sometimes I wished it had already happened.....I can't fight this war alone......The battle I deal with with drug addiction is just getting deeper and deeper to the point I fear I will no longer care what drug it is as long as it takes me out of this depression.......ten years I have been sober from meth but I want to just give up and let go......This fight is to hard and there is no joy in life I see at all.

G

gideons300

Guys I have full confidence where I will go when I die......Sometimes I wished it had already happened.....I can't fight this war alone......The battle I deal with with drug addiction is just getting deeper and deeper to the point I fear I will no longer care what drug it is as long as it takes me out of this depression.......ten years I have been sober from meth but I want to just give up and let go......This fight is to hard and there is no joy in life I see at all.

Brother, there is an answer, yes one the works. You may have to dig deep for it, but if you will believe, all things...ALL things are possible. I will PM you. I would love to talk with you and share my story and what He showed me that delivered me from my own albatross.

Do not give up.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0
Aug 24, 2014
✟8,110.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Dabro, I hear you want to be free from all drugs, but why is life without joy when you have God with you? You've already beaten the big one which is meth.

Are you hoping that God will restore your life in the world? Did you want him to give you a leg up in the world, or help you overcome the obsticles to the life you desire? If so you might be crying out for your flesh.

When I got saved I was expecting God to do the same, but he took me in the opposite direction. It depressed me to see others enjoying a life that I felt I was prevented from having. God however wanted me to know joy in Christ and not life in the world. I had to surrender my ambitions and desires for the life I knew in the world, just so I could follow him.

It was 14 years of war, of trials, of falling and getting back up, before I came to a place of quietness and rest; 14 years before I was delivered; 14 years before my joy could not be taken from me.

If I may suggest that you give thanks to God today for everything you have. Thank him for everything in sight. And may God strengthen your heart, and cause you to joy out of hope in all the promises he's given you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry guys....I do not think anything can help anymore.......Some say I need more faith some ppl just don't understand the hurt and pain I have been thru.......I know going into it knowing that God is alive and well makes it that much darker. Ignorance is bliss.......I don't know where to turn anymore......I have already been saved so i can no longer have that AWE moment where i realize the truth and the truth set me free.....I'm fighting day in and day out pulling tugged just completely torn......I just want to forget all this because it's been nothing but pain......Nothing but hurt.

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

honey only Jesus can fix what is broke and heal what needs to be healed . seek him and your joy will return..
did you know that drugs destroy your ability to feel joy?

now Jesus can heal and nothing else can.
so please seek him with your whole heart until you find him and he heals you..
then you won't want to seek anything else again!

I just posted this on another thread so study this well and understand this , because this is your battle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWnsjOL0tQ8&list=TL1bOsSJ5Ji9Y&index=5

you have to let him make more of you than what you have made for/ of yourself ok.

Upvote 0

dabro

A child of the living God.
Aug 31, 2008
Newalla Ok.
Visit site
✟89,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The thing is. I'm not letting hell scare me.....I'm not letting my mind control me.....I just want to make ends meet the right way. Not be delusional about everything but know that in the real world I'm going to face problems.....Back in 05 I had a psychotic break thinking God was punishing me for being immoral. Wulp i have realized that this was all in my head......So now I just feel No more conviction for things that aren't even wrong. Can you make the connection? A disorder has mas made me think that God is out to get me.....Well He's not in the sense of punishment, But He does want to know me more personally.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry guys....I do not think anything can help anymore.......Some say I need more faith some ppl just don't understand the hurt and pain I have been thru.......I know going into it knowing that God is alive and well makes it that much darker. Ignorance is bliss.......I don't know where to turn anymore......I have already been saved so i can no longer have that AWE moment where i realize the truth and the truth set me free.....I'm fighting day in and day out pulling tugged just completely torn......I just want to forget all this because it's been nothing but pain......Nothing but hurt.

Try this: Matt Talbot Ministries - Serenity Through Self-awareness & Spirituality

It isn't just the usual empty platitudes of "pray and God will heal you" that most people give. You will get plenty of prayer and healing there, but its much more. I have a couple good friends who were where you are right now, and one of them had also had a stroke in addition to his addiction problems. They went on a Matt Talbot retreat and followed up with it and God really did heal them. Praying alone may help, but being in prayer and fellowship with brothers who are in the exact same place that you are will change your life.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

But that is the point Dabro, you are not at all free indeed or experiencing the life more abundant. Is this not true? I pray that you do not dismiss your Christian experience as your one WOW moment and then think that is all there is. I am telling you now, there is a place I missed for 38 years as a believer and I was of all men most miserable. I was saved....but not SAFE from the attacks of the devil or the lusts of the flesh. The battle waged constantly and it literally wore me into dust. But 6 years ago, something happened, and it all changed. My sin was inappropriate content but I was not your "average" inappropriate content addict. I was way, way over the edge and could not control it. It controlled me.

What I want to share with you works, for it not only freed me, but my entire life has been transformed and fruits that I never saw in my life began to appear without me straining to produce them. I simply did what came naturally.

What did I do? I made my tree good. It was then, and only then, that Jesus could now see that I produced fruit. There are many wonderful fruits of the Spirit. One of them is SELF control. You see, we think we can get spiritual once we get self under control. We are wrong. We have the cart before the horse. That is why we came to Jesus in the first place, wasn't it? Because we could NOT contro our wicked flesh?

Another fruit is joy and oh, how it amazes me that my depression and black outlook on life was washed away so that I could actually see the truth of the glory of what God was doing inside me.

Finally, peace and rest. Isn't that what is really missing? Do you realize how many believers there are at this instant who do not possess that but do not want ro verbalize it for fear they will be looked down upon?

Do me a favor. Read John 8 and see what Jesus Himself promises us. He called it FREE INDEED. Not play like or imaginary or positional freedom. The real deal.

We are soon to see the church awake to our heritage, our birthright, and when we do, we will look back on what we were satisfied with before and be amazed at our blindness. His promises are yea and amen. We serve a God who CANNOT lie, but how we have doubted him and listened to the lies and been taught to be satisfied that we are no longer in Egypt and are now free men. But we are free men in the wilderness. Yes, God provides for us. But free indeed? That is for the Promised land, and it is when we refuse to accept anything less, and put God to the test to back up His word, we will see the chains fall off.

We have all received pardons for our sins. Forgiveness is a wonderful thing. But there is more. God has promised to CAUSE US to obey. You may find that right out of God's mouth in Ezekiel 36 where he talks of the new covenant and what it promises to do in our lives.

The old is about to be done away. Our eyes are about to be opened to what real Christianity is and when we receive it, the world will say:

"Look! That which bore only briars and thorns has become again like the Garden of Eden"!

May God give you the patience to wait and seek for the free indeed Christ promised with faith unhindered.

Blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

paul becke

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland.
✟205,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi Dabro, I hear you want to be free from all drugs, but why is life without joy when you have God with you? You've already beaten the big one which is meth.

Are you hoping that God will restore your life in the world? Did you want him to give you a leg up in the world, or help you overcome the obsticles to the life you desire? If so you might be crying out for your flesh.

When I got saved I was expecting God to do the same, but he took me in the opposite direction. It depressed me to see others enjoying a life that I felt I was prevented from having. God however wanted me to know joy in Christ and not life in the world. I had to surrender my ambitions and desires for the life I knew in the world, just so I could follow him.

It was 14 years of war, of trials, of falling and getting back up, before I came to a place of quietness and rest; 14 years before I was delivered; 14 years before my joy could not be taken from me.

If I may suggest that you give thanks to God today for everything you have. Thank him for everything in sight. And may God strengthen your heart, and cause you to joy out of hope in all the promises he's given you.

A great post, if I may say so, FreeAtCalvary.

Upvote 0

CryOfALion

Sep 10, 2014
✟1,894.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Brother I understand, you could just say addiction and I am sure many of us can identify 70% of the way regarding the pain, depression and hopelessness it can leave us in.

A lot of times I see no joy in life too, especially "if" everything is already written what is the point? God knows how many times I will loop my shoe laces in 2023, so why should I care about anything, and expose myself to more pain?

I don't quite know the answer yet. But, when I am going through seriously spiritually draining situations, when I make it out I actually learn a lot. It is very cliche, and I fight the urges to consult God on that knowledge to understand what I just went through, but when I slightly soften my heart, I fail to fight the urges. I start to see little by little how my prayers are answered through calamity, and how the "trauma" was for something - even if it was me humbling myself to see I MADE IT THROUGH. Then, if I really let Him in, He will charge me with a taste for Him.

He hasn't done that yet, because I haven't done what I am supposed to do - and I asked the question in specificity and He actually told me. I have been running like Jonah ever since. That is another thing, I understand the pain and loneliness - the want to be done - may not be because of you, but because God has charged you with something and He wants your attention. It doesn't have to be prophecy; what my Father told me was very simple - but Full enough that I am still running from it.

You said you know where your destination is, I say no you don't - not with certainty. Whether you have faith you will end up in hell, or heaven is irrelevant, because Christ is. So, things like you writing this post - despite your feelings - shows me you still want to hold on and maintain strength - maintain strength. Christ knows you.

I say maintain strength because you are strong. Depression, hopelessness and even faithlessness alone may be seen as weak to some, but the drive to go on is pure strength - to hope for better despite what you have experienced.

I would say don't give up now; see how many people can get an addition and be clear from it for ten years. Ten is a spiritual number of completeness; wouldn't it be interesting in your oppression from the enemy, and "weakness," God perfects it all? Just wait; what you have accomplished is tremendous.

Stay. STRONG. Like you are. Don't give up. You are not alone. Feelings and chemistry lie. The Truth and Spirit don't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear dabro. I believe you are a Christian and a Christian`s strong weapon is Love, it will overcome all evils and help you to be an Overcomer.
In Matthew 22: 35-40: Jesus tells us: " The first and great Commandment is:
" Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: love thy neighbour as thyself: all you know and all you meet.
Treat all as you would love to be treated, kindly and always with friendly words. Satan and all his followers run away from all love and compassion, and the Holy Spirit will help and guide you. In Matthew 7: 7-10: we are told:
" ask and you shall receive," there ask for Love and Joy, then thank God and share all Love and Joy with your neighbour. It might be a bit hard to start with,
but Love is your best weapon, dabro.
The Bible tells us: "Repent and be Born Again," become a new person and ask
Jesus our Saviour to help and take your pain away: JESUS IS THE WAY.
You might stumble and forget at times, but ask God to forgive you, and carry on loving and caring. Jesus is our Saviour, and Jesus died that we might live,
ask and receive, then thank God and Jesus, and carry on with Love, Joy and Peace. You will never know it all, until you try and follow Jesus.
I say this with love, dabro. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0