United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is English your first language? I still see no answer to this:
Also i previously asked where does Hart ever refer to Gehenna in the past tense (see post 13 etc)?
That question was concerning your statement here:
Where does Hart ever refer to Gehenna in the past tense (see post 13 etc)?
Nowhere in anything i quoted Hart did he say "trash and bodies burned perpetually in Gehenna, the valley of Hinnom, outside Jerusalem".
The only "totally false myth" that is being perpetuated here is your misrepresentations of Hart.
"Yes, Jesus speaks of a final judgment, and uses many metaphors to describe the unhappy lot of the condemned. Many of these are metaphors of annihilation, like the burning of chaff or brambles in ovens, or the final destruction of body and soul in the Valley of Hinnom."
Did or did not Hart say this? In this statement is the person referring to Jesus speaking? Was Jesus speaking to the writer in the present or was Jesus speaking to the 1st century Jews. Is that or is it not past tense? Did or did not the writer say Jesus spoke about "the final destruction of body and soul in the valley of Hinnom?" During Hart's lifetime have any bodies and souls been destroyed in the "valley of Hinnom?" Is there any credible, verifiable, historical evidence that bodies and souls have ever been or will be destroyed in the valley of Hinnom? Is or is it not the teaching that body and soul will be destroyed in the valley of Hinnom a totally false myth?

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Yes, Jesus speaks of a final judgment, and uses many metaphors to describe the unhappy lot of the condemned. Many of these are metaphors of annihilation, like the burning of chaff or brambles in ovens, or the final destruction of body and soul in the Valley of Hinnom."
Did or did not Hart say this? In this statement is the person referring to Jesus speaking? Was Jesus speaking to the writer in the present or was Jesus speaking to the 1st century Jews. Is that or is it not past tense? Did or did not the writer say Jesus spoke about "the final destruction of body and soul in the valley of Hinnom?" During Hart's lifetime have any bodies and souls been destroyed in the "valley of Hinnom?" Is there any credible, verifiable, historical evidence that bodies and souls have ever been or will be destroyed in the valley of Hinnom? Is or is it not the teaching that body and soul will be destroyed in the valley of Hinnom a totally false myth?

Do you suppose Eastern Orthodox scholar David Bentley Hart interpreted his own remarks "final judgement" & "final destruction of body and soul in the Valley of Hinnom" as something that occurred already in the past?

As previously posted:

Do you read your own copy/pastes?

I still see no answer to this:

Also i previously asked where does Hart ever refer to Gehenna in the past tense (see post 13 etc)?

That question was concerning your statement here:

I just reread my post I inadvertently omitted part of my response it should have read "Hart perpetuates the totally false myth that trash and bodies burned perpetually in Gehenna, the valley of Hinnom, outside Jerusalem." There is a valley outside Jerusalem which archaeological evidence shows was used as a trash dump but it is not Gehenna.

Where does Hart ever refer to Gehenna in the past tense (see post 13 etc)?

Nowhere in anything i quoted Hart did he say "trash and bodies burned perpetually in Gehenna, the valley of Hinnom, outside Jerusalem".

The only "totally false myth" that is being perpetuated here is your misrepresentations of Hart.

Upvote 0