Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can't help but feel a bit demonized with comments like that. There was a time, you know, when we WERE able to post in the congregation forums. We were asked not to and forbidden to actually debate, but there were many exceptions. Personal restraint IS a factor here. If you say that those threads are not for debating theology, the majority of us will respect that.
I know that most will, and I've no problem with anyone posting in the congregation forums.

Reactions: Brimshack
Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Considering that I consider myself an athiest, are you saying that I am going to be doing that?
If I really wanted to interupt people in the CO section all I have to do is create a 2nd account and check the "christian" box. But I don't, and I don't see the point in doing that. And honsetly it's christians like you who automaticly think that someone like me is out to get you that is very hurtful and what drove me away from the chruch years ago.

We are NOT all like that. You are welcome to post in any thread I have anytime, and you may speak your mind, ask questions, and challenge my beliefs. I am not afraid that I will lose my own faith because I have spent time with an atheist. My faith is small, but my God is great and He is able to keep me.

Lisa

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There you have it. The Christians in service to Christ here are now being told they are no longer welcome by non-Christians.

What was it again many of you labeled as paranoia? This is now a secular site. I'm sure the devil is pleased with the influence of the world on the "tolerant" church once again.

God help us.

All I did was ask if you don't like this site, and you are wanting to help shut ins--then why not start your own site. I never said you should leave.

Where did I say that Christians are not welcomed?

Upvote 0

Beastt

Legend
Mar 12, 2004
Arizona
✟25,898.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
swearing--while users can not use certain 4 letter words, I see users (both christians and non-christians) find ways to get around this.

Being nasy, and debates getting harsher--I also see this going on now.

I've been to other forums where you almost never hear from a moderator. (I've been on one in particular far longer than here and I've NEVER been contacted by a moderator. Here it's a weekly occurrence and never pleasant.) You get a few members who exceed the limits but mostly what happens is that everyone else gets tired of them, puts them on Ignore or just skips over their posts and they quickly lose the respect of everyone else on the forum. Peer pressure does work in most instances. In all my years on the other forum I've seen exactly one person banned -- one. And yet that forum is far more friendly overall than here because people don't feel like they're always staring down the barrel of a gun when they express an opinion.

Reactions: Lisa0315
Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can't help but feel a bit demonized with comments like that. There was a time, you know, when we WERE able to post in the congregation forums. We were asked not to and forbidden to actually debate, but there were many exceptions. Personal restraint IS a factor here. If you say that those threads are not for debating theology, the majority of us will respect that.

She does not speak for all of us, and I believe you when you say that you will be respectful. You may challenge us and our beliefs, but if our faith is so weak that we cannot rise to meet that challenge, then, we have no faith at all.

Lisa

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TinkaBella

May 17, 2007
✟8,497.00
Faith
Agnostic
Except for the occasional troll or those people who have nothing better to do than spam message boards and online forums I don't think there is going to be a problem with anyone interrupting Christan Fellowship. Most atheists and nonbelievers would never bother wasting their time on a Christan forum, those of us who do usually have an interest in religion and don't want to be banned. Hopefully there will be plenty of opportunity for fellowship AND debating so people can go where they are most comfortable. :)

Upvote 0

CrusaderKing

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
United States
✟24,759.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Except for the occasional troll or those people who have nothing better to do than spam message boards and online forums I don't think there is going to be a problem with anyone interrupting Christan Fellowship.

You're probably right. I'm just concerned about hotheads from both ends of the spectrum (believers and non-believers). It's not a concern that the sole problem will be non-believers. I just want to clarify that.

Upvote 0

BrightCandle

Sep 2, 2003
Washington, USA.
✟4,860.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I've been to other forums where you almost never hear from a moderator. (I've been on one in particular far longer than here and I've NEVER been contacted by a moderator. Here it's a weekly occurrence and never pleasant.) You get a few members who exceed the limits but mostly what happens is that everyone else gets tired of them, puts them on Ignore or just skips over their posts and they quickly lose the respect of everyone else on the forum. Peer pressure does work in most instances. In all my years on the other forum I've seen exactly one person banned -- one. And yet that forum is far more friendly overall than here because people don't feel like they're always staring down the barrel of a gun when they express an opinion.

Very good point, Bro. Like I've said a number of times, many of the CF Moderators seemed to feel that their job was that of a Neo-Inquisitioner. When anyone brought up a "hot" topic for discussion, political correctness prevailed and thread was censored or completely shut down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beastt

Legend
Mar 12, 2004
Arizona
✟25,898.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We are NOT all like that. You are welcome to post in any thread I have anytime, and you may speak your mind, ask questions, and challenge my beliefs. I am not afraid that I will lose my own faith because I have spent time with an atheist. My faith is small, but my God is great and He is able to keep me.

Lisa
A great number of us recognize that you aren't like that Lisa0315. If anyone ever said you were I'd be one of the first to stand up for you. :thumbsup: You and I have debated a number of times and a number of issues and I can't recall you ever suggesting I didn't have a right to my opinion.

But unfortunately, there are a great many who are and in the past, many have worked themselves into positions of considerable authority here. If those days are now gone, I think few of us will ever miss them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.