A Montana lawmaker suggested she’d rather risk her child’s suicide than let her transition

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do you mean ‘giving in’? Do you think ‘giving in’ is worse than risking a teen suicide? Please rethink your priorities.
Did her mother give in? Has she committed suicide? There is a far worse fate than death.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Who said anything about not to taking it seriously? Her mom said no and look she’s still alive, big surprise.
The daughter in the OP is not trans and (AFAIK) didn't ask the mom to do anything in particular.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,933.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
fee-for-service and volume-based reimbursement, varies from business to business but elective surgery is where the cash is at.
This is true. Certainly most medical facilities rely on a certain number of surgeries but it is amortized over the entire buisness.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Did her mother give in? Has she committed suicide? There is a far worse fate than death.
Having people who have absolutely no clue of your medical status making moral and ethical statements about you?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Having people who have absolutely no clue of your medical status making moral and ethical statements about you?
Yeah, it's not good when someone makes moral and ethical statements about someone else.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I'd say the person the article is about has far more of a clue than those making moral and ethical statements about her.
No, I would ABSOLUTELY wager she does NOT. From my brief reading, made up prejudicial inferences that come down to "You can't trust a trans person around your kid" but there is 0 evidence to back that up.

She's a reporter guy. Don't think that a reporter is a professional just because they report on something. Just because her speech gives the pretense of authority, that she IS an authority. That's just simplistic.

There are medical professionals who are (you can follow by the title) professional and more informed on the matter than her. But those same doctors are being called butchers by people who don't know what they're talking about.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I would ABSOLUTELY wager she does NOT. From my brief reading, made up prejudicial inferences that come down to "You can't trust a trans person around your kid" but there is 0 evidence to back that up.

She's a reporter guy. Don't think that a reporter is a professional just because they report on something. Just because her speech gives the pretense of authority, that she IS an authority. That's just simplistic.

There are medical professionals who are (you can follow by the title) professional and more informed on the matter than her. But those same doctors are being called butchers by people who don't know what they're talking about.
You've lost me. I was referring to the State Rep. who has a suicidal daughter having a clue about suicidal children.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You've lost me. I was referring to the State Rep. who has a suicidal daughter having a clue about suicidal children.
Oops. Apologies I thought we started talking about the journalist. My bad

• Friendly
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why would he be treating anyone when off the clock? That's a bit of an ad hom.
You can treat people nicely even when you're not treating them on a professional basis. Yes, it's a bit of an ad hom, but he's the one who bought his profession into his answers to posts.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I'm keeping up just fine.
Then you have already read my answer. Unless you are lying and have not kept up with the conversation and consequently don't know what I was referring to.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then you have already read my answer. Unless you are lying and have not kept up with the conversation and consequently don't know what I was referring to.
BNR32FAN was talking about Kerri Seekins-Crowe not letting herself be manipulated by her suicidal daughter by giving in.
You then asked him if praying for a completely different child mentioned in another thread would be giving in. So I asked you giving into what? And it appears that you came up with a clever deflection claiming I'd know if I had been paying attention.

Also you still need to remove the child's name from the quote you posted as that was done in the OP. Or do I need to ask a mod to do it for you?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0