Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Tomorrow is when my new life begins: After this year and a half of stress, prayer, and building faith, I'm finally able to transfer colleges, to go study Theology, and eventually become a religion teacher at a Catholic high school somewhere. Huzzah! God does great things!:clap::bow:

Still, this will bring some massive changes in my life. I don't know anyone there, besides my admissions counselor I met once; I'll be going from rural Indiana to the edge of Chicagoland; I'll be right across the bridge from an uncle I've never met, besides when I was too young to remember him; and Lord knows what all else I'll run into. I'll be in a new culture with new people, different state, different time zone, leaving a small-town engineering school to go to a big city nursing & education school...I'm excited, and I know that God will be with me the whole way (as He always is!), and God willing, I'll have the honor of being a good Catholic girl's boyfriend (let's just say I'm not called to the priesthood!^_^). I also need prayers for my family, as my parents are stressed about the change. I'm also offering up prayers in advance for my uncle, classmates, roommate, professors, girlfriend (always hopeful!), people I'll meet off-campus, the school I'll eventually work at, and for the Spirit to go ahead of me to the places & people I won't think to pray for.

A lot will change, I'll have a lot of opportunities I've never had before, and I just want prayers from all of you in this beautiful 3 o'clock Hour of Mercy! God bless you all!

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,931,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like some wonderful and exciting opportunities/times await you young padawan :oldthumbsup::oldthumbsup:

~Very~ happy for you :)

Praying for you brother (especially for a girlfriend .. couldn't help noticing that you mentioned her twice ;))

God bless you! (Jeremiah 29:11)

--David
p.s. - will you keep us updated about all of this .. as time allows?

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
p.s. - will you keep us updated about all of this .. as time allows?
Certainly! Strangers on the Internet on these forums have helped a lot through this decision.

Peace out CF!:wave:

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you all for your kind words! I'm very excited for tomorrow, and staying up later than I should, because of last minute "I forgot to pack that"!^_^. I left behind a few key items when I moved out of my last college (I worked as a janitor there over the summer--I made the university pay me, and then I left!). However, along my long course of praying for peace in my family, I've realized how crucial it is to have peace in myself. I left my better dress clothes behind (2 hours in the opposite direction of my new college), but thank God I had another pair of slacks & I raided my brother's closet for another white dress shirt (he moved out 2 years ago, and I don't think he'd mind anyway; I'm still praying for him, though!). And now I'm rambling when I should be sleeping.:scratch:

I think I have everything now, except 1 sock, and a calculator that I thought I lost, then I found it, and realized it was the wrong one anyway.^_^. I think God is trying to make me realize that I cam depend on Him, and part of this dependence means turning to Him to find things, and part of it means relying on the kindness of strangers (in this case, my near future classmates). I just need to pray for those strangers now!:crossrc:

Part of why I know I can depend on these strangers is because I've been the helpful stranger, and Jesus promised "For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you." (Matthew 7) and “Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.". (Matthew 5)

Okay, I'm cutting myself off here. Good night, CF! I don't know when I'll post again, but I know you'll all be praying for me; know that I pray for you, too!:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yay! Prayers, Alex! That's so exciting!

Your kindness, gentleness, and charity has been a huge help to me on here.

God bless you and your as-yet-unknown future wife on your journey, friend! So exciting!

Last edited:
Upvote 0