Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
… people are always mean to me, I don`t ever get angry, but I wish I could, I don`t know what to say, use my time for effecient in a way … I know there`s a god out there wanting me to accept him and be whole with him and I like that, but it doesn`t give me so much comfort here on earth really, what should I do really when People are always mean to me?
It looks like God hasn't decided to show you mercy and grace yet. The very fact that you are thinking about God and have come on this forum indicates that the Holy Spirit is showing you that God is really there and is not willing that you keep going the way you are going and ultimately perish.

God doesn't have to make Himself known to you and give you saving faith to receive Christ on your terms. He requires that you do it on His terms, and if you decide not to heed that little niggling voice of the Holy Spirit in your heart pointing you to Christ, then God will be quite within his rights to just leave you to perish.

If you are concerned about people being mean to you, just imagine what eternity will be like for you under the continue wrath of God! It would make the meanest thing ever said to you by anyone else the highest praise you could receive!

• Agree
Reactions: JustRachel
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I get that too , it’s mainly because in a sensitive and some idiots think that makes me a target . It’s seems to be a mainly white American problem as asians don’t treat me like that and blacks usually don’t treat me like that( I’m black ) I rarely bump into racist idiots because I live in NYC

My question is are you a sensitive ?

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It looks like God hasn't decided to show you mercy and grace yet. The very fact that you are thinking about God and have come on this forum indicates that the Holy Spirit is showing you that God is really there and is not willing that you keep going the way you are going and ultimately perish.

God doesn't have to make Himself known to you and give you saving faith to receive Christ on your terms. He requires that you do it on His terms, and if you decide not to heed that little niggling voice of the Holy Spirit in your heart pointing you to Christ, then God will be quite within his rights to just leave you to perish.

If you are concerned about people being mean to you, just imagine what eternity will be like for you under the continue wrath of God! It would make the meanest thing ever said to you by anyone else the highest praise you could receive!

Yes, I have to stay strong and kind and brave, I understand … and not to sin of course, actually I felt a little prescence of god today, that`s why I came on here actually, haven`t written anything here for many weeks I think

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I get that too , it’s mainly because in a sensitive and some idiots think that makes me a target . It’s seems to be a mainly white American problem as asians don’t treat me like that and blacks usually don’t treat me like that( I’m black ) I rarely bump into racist idiots because I live in NYC

I know black people and stuff don`t treat you badly, but I live among whites so … what to do really, I could move to another country perhaps, Africa or something, perhaps I`m a little sensitive :)

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It’s easier to love others through the lens of Jesus having died for me. As Christians we love because Jesus first loves us. 1 John 4:19

I will probably need it over time as their behaviour only gets worse

Reactions: sea5763
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I get that too , it’s mainly because in a sensitive and some idiots think that makes me a target . It’s seems to be a mainly white American problem as Asians don’t treat me like that and blacks usually don’t treat me like that( I’m black ) I rarely bump into racist idiots because I live in NYC.
A good Scripture to hold on to is:
"Blessed be the LORD, for He has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. Therefore my heart rejoices, and I will thank Him with my song. The LORD is the strength of His people, a stronghold of salvation for His anointed" (Psalm 28:6-8).

A great reply to anyone who targets you is to say to them, "I am a child of God and the devil can't get anywhere near me".

In Ephesians 6, it is the shield of faith that quenches the fiery darts of the enemy. Those who target you are being used of the devil to fire his fiery darts at you, but your shield of faith in Christ will quench them.

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
A good Scripture to hold on to is:
"Blessed be the LORD, for He has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. Therefore my heart rejoices, and I will thank Him with my song. The LORD is the strength of His people, a stronghold of salvation for His anointed" (Psalm 28:6-8).

A great reply to anyone who targets you is to say to them, "I am a child of God and the devil can't get anywhere near me".

In Ephesians 6, it is the shield of faith that quenches the fiery darts of the enemy. Those who target you are being used of the devil to fire his fiery darts at you, but your shield of faith in Christ will quench them.

Thanks alot again, I will think about it and pray this night before sleep to both God and Jesus, I think it`s just going to get worse and worse and worse really, but atleasts I have you guys and my belief

Reactions: sea5763
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I have to stay strong and kind and brave, I understand … and not to sin of course, actually I felt a little presence of god today, that`s why I came on here actually, haven`t written anything here for many weeks I think
I do believe that the Holy Spirit is working in you to bring you to Christ. My advice is to ask God to show you what the gospel of Christ really means and to give you the saving faith to believe it and to put your trust in Christ so that you become genuinely converted to Christ.

A good Scripture is: "Be not anxious for anything, but by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God, and the peace of God that passes all understanding will keep your heart and mind in Christ Jesus."

The first thing that the apostle Paul did after Christ revealed Himself to him on the Damascus Road was to start praying. He started talking to God about what happened to him and was asking for saving faith to believe in Christ. As a result, God told a fellow called Ananias to go to Paul, pray for him and tell him that God had chosen Him for a special ministry. When Ananias went and prayed for him, Paul's blindness went away (I believe spiritual as well as physical), and he received saving faith in Christ. Then he was so bold in his preaching of Christ, that people wanted to kill him, so they had to get him out of Damascus by lowering him over the wall in a basket so he could escape.

Only God can give you the spiritual understanding of the gospel of Christ and the saving faith to be genuinely converted to Christ. This means that you have to start believing that He is there, within earshot of your voice, and to begin talking to Him about your life and to ask Him to show you what the gospel really means to you, and when you get that insight and you know that you really need to receive Christ and be saved, then you can ask Him for the saving faith to receive the seed of grace in your heart that brings you from death to life in Christ.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
… people are always mean to me, I don`t ever get angry, but I wish I could, I don`t know what to say, use my time for effecient in a way … I know there`s a god out there wanting me to accept him and be whole with him and I like that, but it doesn`t give me so much comfort here on earth really, what should I do really when People are always mean to me?
Maybe this is God's way of telling you your looking for friends in the wrong places.
Jesus can be your friend that sticks closer than a brother.

Matthew 11:27-29 New King James Version (NKJV)
27 All things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.

28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks a lot again, I will think about it and pray this night before sleep to both God and Jesus, I think it`s just going to get worse and worse and worse really, but at leasts I have you guys and my belief
The key is to be frank and honest with God when you talk to Him. You don't have to use thee and thou to talk to God. My best times of talking with God is walking along an isolated beach with my hands in my pockets just chatting with Him about my life and what I need out of it. When I started being really honest with Him, He revealed Himself to me and I was convinced in a moment of time that He is really there and knows me. At that moment I knew I was truly converted and was able to trust in what Christ did for me on the cross.

Reactions: sdowney717
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
The key is to be frank and honest with God when you talk to Him. You don't have to use thee and thou to talk to God. My best times of talking with God is walking along an isolated beach with my hands in my pockets just chatting with Him about my life and what I need out of it. When I started being really honest with Him, He revealed Himself to me and I was convinced in a moment of time that He is really there and knows me. At that moment I knew I was truly converted and was able to trust in what Christ did for me on the cross.

That is good.
God's children will hear the gospel, trust in Christ, believe and be saved.
Ephesians 1
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know black people and stuff don`t treat you badly, but I live among whites so … what to do really, I could move to another country perhaps, Africa or something, perhaps I`m a little sensitive :)
It's also NYC, just saying. There are plenty of places where white people and black people get along fine with very little racial problems. I just saw an article yesterday which said New York is the least friendly state in the US. Not sure how accurate it is, but from my experience... Maybe? ^_^

No offense to any New Yorkers here. I'm sure you're all exceptions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It is important, for the sake of spirituality, that we divide the man into three parts… Physical, Spiritual, and Intellectual. If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2) And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma, the sun is the visible form of E/c2
Mental E/c2 - Our thinking can produce creativeness, light, and good things
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

The Natural E/c2 in the form of mass produces a gravity that attracts other objects
The Intellectual E/c2 produces a gravity that draws us to study
The Spiritual E/c2 also has a gravity that draws and makes religion attractive

I have tried to build a web site to bring these thoughts alive. I am almost at 2 million views!
rockytopva
In the world of chemistry likes blend in with likes. Don't be surprised to find the heavenlies have taken a liking to you as the heavenly light is not so welcome on this planet either.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That is good.
God's children will hear the gospel, trust in Christ, believe and be saved.
Ephesians 1
13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
For the first two years after I received Christ at an evangelistic service, I did all the Pentecostal religious stuff to the fullest extent. I leave that to your imagination! :)

But in spite of all my religiousness and effort, I did not know God on a personal level, and my Christian friends treated me as a problem case. I started to become frustrated that I wasn't really getting anywhere, so I started praying in earnest, and I told the Lord that something was blocking me from the cross of Christ!

One night I went out into the middle of a park on a starry night, looked up to heaven and told God I believe He is in earshot of my voice, and that I need to know Him personally, because the Scripture says, "This is life eternal that we know the only true God and His son Jesus Christ." Because no one was able to introduce me to Him, I introduced myself to Him, saying, "You are God, and I am Paul and I'm very glad to meet you". In a flash, I felt all lit up inside like Times Square, and I knew that God was very real, and He knew me because I felt (more than heard) something inside me saying, "Paul, we have all been waiting for you to put aside the religious stuff and to come to Me directly and personally." The fact that He called me Paul meant that He knew me personally, and I now knew Him. He then said, "Truly, your fellowship is with the Father and with His son, Jesus Christ, and now you are having that fellowship."

Then I decided to ask Him all the questions I had, and I found that He answered every one. I asked Him how He speaks to me. He said, "You talk to me in prayer, and I answer you through the Bible, either by direct insight, or through your reading of Scripture." I found that He was answering my questions before I even stopped talking, because new insights were coming to mind as I was praying.

I asked him how I can be a real Christian. He told me to stop pretending to be religious and to just be myself, and if there is anything about me that needs to be changed, the Holy Spirit will do it.

It is interesting that when I got back among my Christian friends, they said that they were sensing that there was something different about me!

That was 1969, and that realisation and sense of personal fellowship with God has never left me, even in the darkest times in my life. Even in times of disobedience through choosing to meet my needs in my own way, He encouraged me to talk through these things with Him, and miracles happened that got me back on track. The doors of opportunity opened and all I had to do was walk through them.

I have since learned that it is the Holy Spirit within me that is giving the link of fellowship with God, and it is His working in me that is keeping me from error and enabling me to continue walking in the Spirit.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
For the first two years after I received Christ at an evangelistic service, I did all the Pentecostal religious stuff to the fullest extent. I leave that to your imagination! :)

But in spite of all my religiousness and effort, I did not know God on a personal level, and my Christian friends treated me as a problem case. I started to become frustrated that I wasn't really getting anywhere, so I started praying in earnest, and I told the Lord that something was blocking me from the cross of Christ!

One night I went out into the middle of a park on a starry night, looked up to heaven and told God I believe He is in earshot of my voice, and that I need to know Him personally, because the Scripture says, "This is life eternal that we know the only true God and His son Jesus Christ." Because no one was able to introduce me to Him, I introduced myself to Him, saying, "You are God, and I am Paul and I'm very glad to meet you". In a flash, I felt all lit up inside like Times Square, and I knew that God was very real, and He knew me because I felt (more than heard) something inside me saying, "Paul, we have all been waiting for you to put aside the religious stuff and to come to Me directly and personally." The fact that He called me Paul meant that He knew me personally, and I now knew Him. He then said, "Truly, your fellowship is with the Father and with His son, Jesus Christ, and now you are having that fellowship."

Then I decided to ask Him all the questions I had, and I found that He answered every one. I asked Him how He speaks to me. He said, "You talk to me in prayer, and I answer you through the Bible, either by direct insight, or through your reading of Scripture." I found that He was answering my questions before I even stopped talking, because new insights were coming to mind as I was praying.

I asked him how I can be a real Christian. He told me to stop pretending to be religious and to just be myself, and if there is anything about me that needs to be changed, the Holy Spirit will do it.

It is interesting that when I got back among my Christian friends, they said that they were sensing that there was something different about me!

That was 1969, and that realisation and sense of personal fellowship with God has never left me, even in the darkest times in my life. Even in times of disobedience through choosing to meet my needs in my own way, He encouraged me to talk through these things with Him, and miracles happened that got me back on track. The doors of opportunity opened and all I had to do was walk through them.

I have since learned that it is the Holy Spirit within me that is giving the link of fellowship with God, and it is His working in me that is keeping me from error and enabling me to continue walking in the Spirit.
Jesus tells His children, those that God has given Him, (and actually only they will be seeking the true God)
Matthew 7
7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

The Narrow Way
13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 [c]Because narrow is the gate and [d]difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Upvote 0

Messerve

Sep 30, 2018
hjkhjkh
✟25,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

A beautiful testimony. Thank you for sharing this!

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's also NYC, just saying. There are plenty of places where white people and black people get along fine with very little racial problems. I just saw an article yesterday which said New York is the least friendly state in the US. Not sure how accurate it is, but from my experience... Maybe? ^_^

No offense to any New Yorkers here. I'm sure you're all exceptions.
that sounds weird to me as I rarely bump into problems and I live near little India in Queens which has a high Muslim population who wear full veils and they’re not even a problem. They’re just people .

Upvote 0