• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A little discouraged here

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A month or two ago my doctor told me that if two medicines didn't work to get my blood sugars down then I would have to go on insulin. Well, the first medicine I had tried before and it gives me bad headaches. I tried it again and it still did it again. The second I have been trying for the last month. He has raised the level of medicine once. I am close to normal in the morning and sometimes okay at lunch but then it goes up in the evenings and at night. A few months ago this was too much medicine and now it is not enough. It seems like it has gotten harder to control very quickly in the last few months.
I am under some stress, but have not gained any weight lately. I haven't changed my eating habits at all. I am going to try and start jogging and see if that helps. I'm just really discouraged right now with this diabetes stuff.:sigh:

godismyabba

Bondservant of the Most High God
Dec 26, 2007
Lost in Space
✟17,298.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1st, God does not want us ill. Pray for healing and pray for Faith to accept that healing. 2nd, God uses dr's to heal us. Do you have a good doctor? If not, find one!! If this dr is just hit and miss with your meds, find a better dr., esp. an endocrinologist. 3rd, follow their directions regarding excersise and diet. Take your meds as directed. Hope this helps a little... melissa

Reactions: jsimms615
Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1st, God does not want us ill. Pray for healing and pray for Faith to accept that healing. 2nd, God uses dr's to heal us. Do you have a good doctor? If not, find one!! If this dr is just hit and miss with your meds, find a better dr., esp. an endocrinologist. 3rd, follow their directions regarding excersise and diet. Take your meds as directed. Hope this helps a little... melissa
Thanks Melissa. He's an endocrinologist and he's pretty good. I take my medicine as directed. I take my vitamins and try to eat properly and exercise. So, I am doing all that I can right now.

Upvote 0

godismyabba

Bondservant of the Most High God
Dec 26, 2007
Lost in Space
✟17,298.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, well I hope you get this straight very soon. It is so hard on your body (as you propably allready know) to have your sugar fluctuating. Most of all, pray for healing. I know that God wants us healed!! He is so good, I wonder sometimes if we limit His power by not asking and\or accepting that healing (???). Just a thought.. I pray you get better very soon. In Christ, Melissa

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is discouraging when things are going well even when we're doing the best we can. I have difficulty tolerating medications so it took quite a while to find a medication. My endocrinologist finally compromised and put me on Prandin and Lantus. I too get frustrated when I'm behaving my blood sugars are still out of control.

I don't have any words of wisdom for you, but I'm definitely able to listen if you need an ear.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is discouraging when things are going well even when we're doing the best we can. I have difficulty tolerating medications so it took quite a while to find a medication. My endocrinologist finally compromised and put me on Prandin and Lantus. I too get frustrated when I'm behaving my blood sugars are still out of control.

I don't have any words of wisdom for you, but I'm definitely able to listen if you need an ear.
Well, the doctor's nurse called back and raised the Glimepiride that I am on to 4 mg. I am trying that today with the other meds I am on and so far it hasn't made much difference. I was taking 2 mg.
I am thinking I need to make an appointment and talk to him about my going on insulin.

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hope you'll find a good balance for you! Please let us know.
I went on insulin on Thursday. So far, I'm doing a little better. Giving myself shots isn't as bad as I thought it would be and my numbers are a little better. I'm suppose to take my meter in in a week and they will adjust my insulin as needed.

Upvote 0

Kristen.NewCreation

Jul 11, 2007
Visit site
✟303,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I went on insulin on Thursday. So far, I'm doing a little better. Giving myself shots isn't as bad as I thought it would be and my numbers are a little better. I'm suppose to take my meter in in a week and they will adjust my insulin as needed.
I'm glad it's not as bad as you anticipated and that your numbers are better.

:hug:

Upvote 0

thrtyrs

Mar 2, 2008
✟15,112.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I can understand the ongoing struggle with diabetes. I was first diagnosed over ten years ago. I regard this chronic illness as akin to a very long race. Sometimes, along the way, you struggle (out of whack blood glucose readings); and, at other times, things go well (numbers are close to normal, etc.).
Feeling discouraged happens. In those cases, it's good to share, cry or rejoice with another person. Sometimes it takes a while to find someone who will share the walk with you. But, it's worth it.
I hope you can receive encouragement and support, from one person. That does help the long race be a bit less difficult.

Jim

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
A month or two ago my doctor told me that if two medicines didn't work to get my blood sugars down then I would have to go on insulin. Well, the first medicine I had tried before and it gives me bad headaches. I tried it again and it still did it again. The second I have been trying for the last month. He has raised the level of medicine once. I am close to normal in the morning and sometimes okay at lunch but then it goes up in the evenings and at night. A few months ago this was too much medicine and now it is not enough. It seems like it has gotten harder to control very quickly in the last few months.
I am under some stress, but have not gained any weight lately. I haven't changed my eating habits at all. I am going to try and start jogging and see if that helps. I'm just really discouraged right now with this diabetes stuff.:sigh:

See a good hypnotist.
One who works with diabetes.

Upvote 0

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom

link pH Miracle Living

Upvote 0

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom

link pH Miracle Living

Upvote 0

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom

only sick people get sick well people dont
link pH Miracle Living

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jehovahway

Jul 18, 2004
Birmingham .alabama
Visit site
✟335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I can understand the ongoing struggle with diabetes. I was first diagnosed over ten years ago. I regard this chronic illness as akin to a very long race. Sometimes, along the way, you struggle (out of whack blood glucose readings); and, at other times, things go well (numbers are close to normal, etc.).
Feeling discouraged happens. In those cases, it's good to share, cry or rejoice with another person. Sometimes it takes a while to find someone who will share the walk with you. But, it's worth it.
I hope you can receive encouragement and support, from one person. That does help the long race be a bit less difficult.

Jim

Only sick people get sick well people dont
link pH Miracle Living

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.