Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nope don't think so. God's forgiveness is as limited as He is. Meaning it is limitless. If God expects us to forgiver at least seven times seven times, and He does, and we are as weak and limited as we are, I have no other choice than to assume that it is not possible for any of us, no matter how hard we tried, to exhaust His patience

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
God will always forgive somebody who is truly sorry and repents. But if the person continues to fall into sin and never tries to change then when they ask for forgiveness they will not be sincere. If you are truly sorry and know your actions were sinful then you would try to avoid them. If you make no effort thinking God will always forgive you then you are not sincere and he will not accept a false apology.

We set our own limit. If we know we will just continue to sin then you are not recognizing the fact that your actions are bad and they insult God.

Upvote 0

johenah1633

Transformed, not conformed (Rom 12:2)
Apr 19, 2013
USA
✟15,459.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
^_^
God will always forgive somebody who is truly sorry and repents. But if the person continues to fall into sin and never tries to change then when they ask for forgiveness they will not be sincere. If you are truly sorry and know your actions were sinful then you would try to avoid them. If you make no effort thinking God will always forgive you then you are not sincere and he will not accept a false apology.

We set our own limit. If we know we will just continue to sin then you are not recognizing the fact that your actions are bad and they insult God.

mmm hmm, but don't forget we can't be cast out from God's family cause of our sin. Jesus' sacrifice goes beyond our incompetencies and rebellion (hebrews 10:10, titus 3:5-6). If we are expected to forgive 70 times 7 then how much more our Heavenly Father will forgive us.

Upvote 0

johenah1633

Transformed, not conformed (Rom 12:2)
Apr 19, 2013
USA
✟15,459.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:wave:
Do you think there's a point at which God just wipes his hands and says, "Nope. I'm out." How many times do you think you can come to God, walk away, come back, lather rinse repeat before He just decides he's done with you? It seems like there's a limit to His tolerance for inconsistency.

This principle of being able to out-sin God is unbiblical. Therefore, you should formulate a new opinion consistent with what GOD says :D

Upvote 0

A New Day

Jan 7, 2013
✟16,921.00
Faith
Christian
LilJenny45 I would like to have some of your time

we Chrisitians can never be more accepted to God therefore we must not stop to try to be better christians, Jesus told us:

John 15: 1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

Jesus said that we become like branches in him but he can cut off every branch in him (that believed in him) that is not fruitful (and of course the fruit comes after a time and it is not usually immediate), and Jesus said that we are clean because of him 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you but we must remain in him 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you.

LilJenny45 The branch is sure that when it is in the tree that it will have fruit and that it will live, only when it is in the tree.

Paul said:
Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

only then the following verse is applicable:

1 John 2:1 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One.

Dear LilJenny45 The will to sin is what is not accepted to God, if I willfully sin it is like I tell Jesus: I bought my salvation so I sin and you cover me.

When I tolerate the sin it can become my master in time, while that is not what Jesus wants: Jesus said that we must be fruitful, and of course the fruit needs time and it means that I must always stay with the Lord, I cannot be fruitful if I am not with the Lord.

I do not have to work to earn my salvation but when I accept my salvation, I say accept because the salvation is a gift and of course for those who accept it because not everyone accepts it, then the good works automatically come as a result for that belief, since we bear fruit, the good works are not the cause they are the result, So the good works do not eliminate the salvation since they are a fruit of it, so why do I need to suppress them? I may be suppressing his grace in me and through me after all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trulyconverted

Nov 21, 2012
Earth
✟8,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think there's a point at which God just wipes his hands and says, "Nope. I'm out." How many times do you think you can come to God, walk away, come back, lather rinse repeat before He just decides he's done with you? It seems like there's a limit to His tolerance for inconsistency.

No one can snatch away the children from their Father's hand. Not even the children themselves, nor their inconsistencies.

Upvote 0