The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
geocajun said:
What is the true pronunciation of Gods name, as masonry teaches it?
Definition

Jehovahnoun
the name of God used in the Old Testament of the Bible

(from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

The Strangest thing is that when you search Bible Master and Bible gateway you get no results on the word.

There are some degrees that use the description ‘Jahbulon’, which is criticized in many quarters. It is a constructed word which has no original definition, so any one guessing at its suspicious meaning just does not know where the original word came from. Masons do not know. The best Guess is that it was left over from a time when the Masonic Ritual was not written down by anybody, just remembered and passed on from one person to another.

When you are being taken through the degrees there are many references to God, and Bible sometimes there are descriptive words used. “Great Architect”. I take this as “ God , The Great architect of the Universe”.

However, I will allow Geo to set up what I know will be his objections.

Upvote 0

KennySe

Habemus Papam!
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
✟14,554.00
Faith
Catholic
I'm bolding part of Bill's post, in order to point something out.

billmcelligott said:
There are some degrees that use the description ‘Jahbulon’, which is criticized in many quarters. It is a constructed word which has no original definition, so any one guessing at its suspicious meaning just does not know where the original word came from. Masons do not know. The best Guess is that it was left over from a time when the Masonic Ritual was not written down by anybody, just remembered and passed on from one person to another.

Then is is wrong to have first said in the above, that the word "has no original definition" because according to Bill no one knows where the word came from.

In fact, several masons HAVE defined the word in the past, rightly or erroneously, and masons today don't like those explanations.

From a Christian website, we see a scanned page from mason Ritualist Duncan's book.
http://members.tripod.com/crossbearer-brian/id28.htm

Mason Duncan's book is mentioned on the below website, along with another mason's (Henry Coil) book.
http://www.foxgrape.com/masonry.htm

At the seventh degree in Masonry, the "Supreme Order of the Holy Royal Arch," the initiate learns "God's" secret name: Jahbulon. The name Jahbulon is a composite name from Jah-Bul-On. It joins Jehovah (Jah) with two pagan gods, the pagan Canaanite deity Baal (Bul) and the Egyptian god Osiris (On). According to Masonic authorities Henry Wilson Coil and Malcom C. Duncan, "Jah" refers to Jehovah. "Bul" refers to the Assyrian or Canaanite deity Baal, and "On" refers to the Egyptian deity Osiris (Henry Wilson Coil, Coil's Masonic Encyclopedia, New York, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply, 1961, pp. 516-517; Malcom C. Duncan, Masonic Ritual and Monitor, New York, David Mckay Co., nd., p. 226; Dr. Ron Carlson, Fast Facts on False Teachings, Eugene, Oregon, Harvest House, 1994, p. 86).

Another website offers part of the ritual book..
http://www.serve.com/exjw/mason.htm

"JAH" is the short form of the Hebrew name of God, "Yahweh," or "Jehovah." "BUL" is a rendering of the name, BAAL. "ON" is the term used in the Babylonian mysteries to call upon the deity, "OSIRIS"! The secret ritual book of the Craft prints the letters J.B.O. It states that:

"We three do meet and agree-in peace, love and unity-the Sacred Word to keepóand never to divulge the same-until we three, or three such as weódo meet and agree."

And here is a website which says what Jahbulon means.
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/3164/Introduction.htm

(And it says that Baphomet when deciphered yields Yahweh.) :rolleyes:

billmcelligott said:
It is a constructed word which has no original definition, so any one guessing at its suspicious meaning just does not know where the original word came from. Masons do not know.

Tell that to the masons Coil, and Duncan.

My conjecture is that the "On" from Osiris is taken from his other name Onnophoris.

Very gnostic stuff.
Do your web searching folks. Onnophoris, OTO, gnostic church

Upvote 0

Brother John

Faith, Hope, Love
Aug 31, 2003
Kansas
Visit site
✟332.00
Faith
Christian
TruthTraveler said:
The Catch is not till you reach the 33 degree you find out you are worshipping Lucifer.

The God of Freemasonry is not the God in the bible.
That's not true one ounce!
Pike does not speak for freemasonry, even when he tried.

Your Brother
John

Upvote 0

KennySe

Habemus Papam!
Aug 6, 2003
Visit site
✟14,554.00
Faith
Catholic
Brother John said:
That's not true one ounce!
Pike does not speak for freemasonry, even when he tried.

Your Brother
John

Right. :rolleyes:

Which is why he's the only Confederate soldier to have a statue in Washington D.C.

which is why he's entombed in the House of the Temple in Washington D.C.

which is why his books are in its library, and available for purchase
"Book of the Words", "Grand Constitutions of Freemasonry", "Legenda, 4°-14° ", Legenda, XIX-XXX (19°-30°), Legenda, XXXII (32°),

which is why OTHER books are written BY Masons in praise of Pike (and available for purchase through the House of the Temple)
"The Bible In Albert Pike's Morals And Dogma", "Albert Pike: The Man Beyond The Monument", "A Glossary To Morals And Dogma", "A Life Of Albert Pike"

which is why the House of the Temple accepts donations of $75 or $100 for the Albert Pike Museum, and the House sends a commemorative crystal colectible in appreciation of the donation

which is why the The American Heritage Masonic Museum in Los Angeles has a Pike statue

and let's not forget his other masonic works which are available for purchase:
"Magnum Opus or the Great Work ", "Morals and Dogma", "Meaning of Masonry"

All THAT because he doesn't speak for freemasonry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brother John

Faith, Hope, Love
Aug 31, 2003
Kansas
Visit site
✟332.00
Faith
Christian
KennySe said:
Right. :rolleyes:

Which is why he's the only Confederate soldier to have a statue in Washington D.C.

which is why he's entombed in the House of the Temple in Washington D.C.

which is why his books are in its library, and available for purchase
"Book of the Words", "Grand Constitutions of Freemasonry", "Legenda, 4°-14° ", Legenda, XIX-XXX (19°-30°), Legenda, XXXII (32°),

which is why OTHER books are written BY Masons in praise of Pike (and available for purchase through the House of the Temple)
"The Bible In Albert Pike's Morals And Dogma", "Albert Pike: The Man Beyond The Monument", "A Glossary To Morals And Dogma", "A Life Of Albert Pike"

which is why the House of the Temple accepts donations of $75 or $100 for the Albert Pike Museum, and the House sends a commemorative crystal colectible in appreciation of the donation

which is why the The American Heritage Masonic Museum in Los Angeles has a Pike statue

and let's not forget his other masonic works which are available for purchase:
"Magnum Opus or the Great Work ", "Morals and Dogma", "Meaning of Masonry"

All THAT because he doesn't speak for freemasonry.

What branch of Freemasonry did Albert Pike do so much for and under who's auspices (sp?) did he generate his works? The Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite, which is only one branch of Freemasonry. It's not hierarchical, a 33rd degree mason sitting in Lodge does not hold rank over a 3rd degree master mason... they are equals. If you aren't in the Scottish Rite, Pike's works don't hold much sway... and the biggest portion of Freemasonry is the blue lodge, not the scottish rite.
His works are theoretical and speculative only, he doesn't speak for me, by whats called the 'ancient landmarks'... basically the bylaws of Masonry, set in stone ( pun?) early on... state that no man can interpret for us what the rituals/symbols of masonry mean to us.
Pike doesn't speak for all masons.
Pike doesn't speak for all of masonry (just one branch of many).

Pikes works are greatly misunderstood, partly his own doing really. He wrote things that were symbolic as if they were real and he didn't really state things specifically some times.

IF I write a book all about christianity and what christians are and do, even if the wide mass of humanity (christians included) accepts what I say... does that mean that I speak for you?
no
I don't think it would.

something to think about.
Your Brother
John

Upvote 0

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
Taffsadar said:
Okay, a bunch of deists. Would the cult of Dionysos be enough to fit your requirements?
If I request you consider joining Masonry, should I stand guard over you faith and how you wish to worship.

i would not wish to tell you how to worship.

Upvote 0

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
ThePhoenix said:
Can you please explain to Jhessal that the freemasons do not recruit for the illuminati, and are not in any way related to the (non-existant) illuminati?

Well I can say much, but jhessal opinion is his property. However it is customary for an accuser to bring forward evidence.

To date I have never been presented with anything but accusations.

Upvote 0

Mylinkay Asdara

Voice of Li'Adan
Sep 25, 2003
Visit site
✟2,068.00
Faith
Pagan
Hm... So, honest question... can a good goddess worshipping paganess such as myself find a niche somewhere in the Masons (not the male only branch of course, but I have heard that there are female branches that have been created-btw, how much interaction is there between the fraternal Masons and their female branches?)?:confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
KennySe said:
Then is it wrong to have first said in the above, that the word "has no original definition" because according to Bill no one knows where the word came from.

In fact, several masons HAVE defined the word in the past, rightly or erroneously, and masons today don't like those explanations.
You have a very interesting way of making a point Kenny you ask a question then condemn the man for giving you the answer.

At the seventh degree in Masonry, the "Supreme Order of the Holy Royal Arch," the initiate learns "God's" secret name: Jahbulon. The name Jahbulon is a composite name from Jah-Bul-On. It joins Jehovah (Jah) with two pagan gods, the pagan Canaanite deity Baal (Bul) and the Egyptian god Osiris (On). According to Masonic authorities Henry Wilson Coil and Malcom C. Duncan, "Jah" refers to Jehovah. "Bul" refers to the Assyrian or Canaanite deity Baal, and "On" refers to the Egyptian deity Osiris (Henry Wilson Coil, Coil's Masonic Encyclopedia, New York, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply, 1961, pp. 516-517; Malcom C. Duncan, Masonic Ritual and Monitor, New York, David Mckay Co., nd., p. 226; Dr. Ron Carlson, Fast Facts on False Teachings, Eugene, Oregon, Harvest House, 1994, p. 86).

OK for the momet we will accept you report. Please then tell me why? why would a 17th century Englishman , given the job of combining a numerous number of rituals choose such a word, and the meaning these men have given to it. Prior to this ritual being written down the bulk of Masonic ritual was Christian based. Should we accept the argument taht all these Christians suddenly decided to worship opposing deity ?

"JAH" is the short form of the Hebrew name of God, "Yahweh," or "Jehovah." "BUL" is a rendering of the name, BAAL. "ON" is the term used in the Babylonian mysteries to call upon the deity, "OSIRIS"! The secret ritual book of the Craft prints the letters J.B.O. It states that:

You have had theological experts on the Bible on this forum giving you the most likely of explanations for the word. These men are also graduates in language. Hebrew , Greek and English. Perhaps you would care to check if Henry Wilson Coil and Malcom C. Duncan were University Graduates in these subjects. At the end of the day you will see evil in anything Masonic and there is nothing i can do about that.

"We three do meet and agree-in peace, love and unity-the Sacred Word to keepóand never to divulge the same-until we three, or three such as weódo meet and agree."

I can see nothing wrong in this phrase ??

(And it says that Baphomet when deciphered yields Yahweh.)

This is another of the Anti Masonic propaganda favourites I am happy to disprove it. But it is should be a seperate thread. It is a complete falsehood.

By ALL MEANS DO A COMPLETE WEBSEARCH:

Try: no you find them? the Pro Masonic sites or you can do what Kenny does and just quote from the anti masonic sites.

Kenny perhaps you could explain why not one pro Masonic site has been quoted by you. If you are a fair minded person it would seem logical to get just as exited about those that tell the other side of the propaganda falsehoods.

Upvote 0

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
HomeBound said:
I heard some researchers refer to freemasons as a revived form of the druids. Is there any fact to that statement?
There is no evidence to support such a claim. There is an amount of speculation that Masonry is the remnants of the Knights Templar groups that fled the French destruction of their organisation. But again there is no concrete proof.

You might like to check on the Rosslyn Chappel in Scotland. Among other sites it has some forms of tentative connections.

My personal opinion is that Freemasonry was a group of tradesmen " Unions" that through need formed themselves into secret groups. In order to protect themselves from the dangers of working in many Countrys. That ad very little in the way of laws to offer them protection. So they had to find their own ways of moving arround the world. Plus making sure they got paid for their labours.

Upvote 0

DCP 32° K.T

Oct 5, 2003
✟567.00
Faith
Christian
Bill,

KennySe said:
According to Masonic authorities Henry Wilson Coil and Malcom C. Duncan, "Jah" refers to Jehovah. "Bul" refers to the Assyrian or Canaanite deity Baal, and "On" refers to the Egyptian deity Osiris (Henry Wilson Coil, Coil's Masonic Encyclopedia, New York, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply, 1961, pp. 516-517; Malcom C. Duncan, Masonic Ritual and Monitor, New York, David Mckay Co., nd., p. 226;...

KennySe is misleading you when he says that Coil says what he claims Coil said about the word On. What Coil says on page 516 of the 1961 edition of Coil's Masonic Encyclopedia is that the ritualist was mistaken in using the word to refer to a deity rather than a city, and it refers to a city not a deity. Coil also certainly does NOT say that On means Osiris in the reference above.

Also, I've looked several times over page 226 of Duncan's Ritual, and over page 250 and everything in between, and have found not one place where Duncan claims that On means Osiris. Not one! In fact, I have not yet seen so much as a trace of the word Osiris in Duncan's entire partial Royal Arch ritual! So, the source upon which he relies to cite this information is misleading and he is lying about the 'Masonic' texts he cites.

Further, he keeps claiming that On also is supposedly the abbreviation of Onnophris, and so forth. But, that does not work, either, because Osiris, was in Egyptian 'Asar, whereas the original Egyptian word from which Onnophris was corrupted was Wennefer. In other words, On could not have been derived from either of these.

Further, the word On would NOT have been used by the Babylonians to worship Osiris. The Babylonians spoke a dialect of Aramaic, whereas the Egyptians spoke Egyptian. Neither of the two languages are alike. 'On is Hebrew. Worse for his case, the Babylonians also did NOT worship Osiris.

In short, KennySe is lying to you and to all readers wherever he is posting this nonsense. Whether it is because he is a liar or because he has believed a lie, has yet to be seen.

Upvote 0

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
Mylinkay Asdara said:
Hm... So, honest question... can a good goddess worshipping paganess such as myself find a niche somewhere in the Masons (not the male only branch of course, but I have heard that there are female branches that have been created-btw, how much interaction is there between the fraternal Masons and their female branches?)?:confused:
There is only one question that has to be answered in the afirmative.

" Do you believe in a supreme being " after that you just have to be a decent honest individual. Who cares about others. There is a selection process, so to become part of the "family" you have to be acceptable to the rest of the family.

Ther is a Male only section, there is the female only section and there is also a Co Masonry section. There is no over all command structure, so interaction is on a casual basis between the varying sections.

Upvote 0