billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
May I please ask why it is when I arrive on a Christian based forum I am welcomed.

I offer to give out information, as far as I am able to anyone that may be interested in Freemasonry, good or bad, in their opinion.

I am not an advocate for the recruitment of Freemasons I just want to see the public get the correct information.

Every time I put ouy my stall and say does anyone wants to know about Masonry, just ask. I get a terrific response. This means that people, Christian people, are interested in the subject. It matters not if you agree or disagree but there is an interest.

We just had a lively interaction on Masonry which went to 45 pages and it has been closed. This is the second thread on this fourm. Now I was told it was in the wrong section, well it could have been moved as have other threads.

So can someone please explain why do Christian forums find this a threat.

Now I do not want anyone to think this does not happen the other way round, it does. On some Masonic forums I have started a similar question on Christianity and Masonry. If I remeber correctly it had 1,000 replies in two weeks and it was closed.

What I find hard to understand is why Christains and Masons find it hard to communicate, throughout the western world they mostly attend the same Churches?

WayMan

Sep 30, 2003
✟575.00
PS I have seen him mentioned many times in the Book of Man

" The Son of the Widow shall arise from the ethers of this final evil of Man’s stupidities. If all bodes well, then shall Man live, and all that are with him shall know great gladness. Should men turn from him and so design that he shall fail, and The Purpose lies dead and he lies dead, then shall the dance of the Lords be completed in failure and their Veils shall stand wasted. So shall man then be no more upon the face of the Earth. It shall be emptied of him and of his evil, and from thence shall his voice no longer be heard.”

Upvote 0

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
If you refer to The book of Man by:
SIR WALTER BODMER and ROBIN MCKIE

They appear to be middle eastern researchers. Plastine etc. so this would tie in.

In Masonry there is what is termed the legend of Hiram. It is the story of Fidelity and loyalty. His identity , for the sake of the story is not crucial. but for those who like a mystery he is perported to be The man sent by Hiram King of Tyes to assist Solomon in the building of the temple.

He does not get much of a mention in the Bible. If however you look in some of the Judaic history books he seems to be reported more predominantly.

Hiram in Jewish Tradition
Rabbi Harold M. Kamsler

There are more than 200 references to Hiram in Jewish sacred literature. Most of them refer to Hiram, King of Tyre, but a goodly number tell of Hiram, the skilful designer sent by King Hiram to help King Solomon in building the Beth HaMikdash (the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem).
Hiram, known in Masonic tradition as Hiram Abif, is often mentioned in the Bible. For example, we read in I Kings 7:14:

"And King Solomon fetched Hiram out of Tyre. He was the son of a widow of the tribe of Naphtali, and his father was a man of Tyre, a worker in brass; and he was filled with wisdom and understanding and skill, to work all works in brass."

In Freemasonry the story is the important part not the Character. The story however does not seem to appear in Jewish history books, just the mention of the name.

Upvote 0

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
Taffsadar said:
Well i got the three usual questions (they are hypothetic but I'm curious.)

Why should I join, how would I join and what's the catch?
Only join if you feel it will do you some good. It suits some guys, it does not suit others.

You just have to ask to join, its easier if you know someone, but its not essential. I would suggest you find out lots more before asking.

Well the catch is , it will cost you some money. In fees, and some guy will be after you to put money in the charity box.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
TruthTraveler said:
The Catch is not till you reach the 33 degree you find out you are worshipping Lucifer.

The God of Freemasonry is not the God in the bible.
Well the 33rd Degree does not have to be reached. It is a side degree not superior to any of the basic 3rd degree. That of a Master Mason. It is only those outside of masonry that say the devil is in anyway involved.

I have challenged countless posters to provide proof of that statement , to date I have received no reply.

There is no God of Freemasonry. The masonic Craft is open for all to join , irrespective of their race , colour or religion. No way is Masonry faultless, but I have witnessed no evil.

Upvote 0

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
The Serpent said:
billmcelligott,

It is true that all Freemasons must profess a belief in "God" however -- correct?

Atheists need not apply?
In some ways I am sorry to say you are correct.

The one requirement that must be answered in the afirmative is " Do you believe in a supreme being".

The reasoning is that Masonry is a living theatre, a roleplay on stories surrounding the Old Testament. It would seem unlikely that an Atheist would have the same conviction to perceive the whole of the story in the same light as a man of faith.

I will leave the door open on the supreme being issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

billmcelligott

The Sojourner
Mar 28, 2003
Essex, UK
Visit site
✟8,352.00
Faith
Protestant
The Serpent said:
How long have you been a Mason, my friend?
I am English so I come under UGLE, United Grand lodge of England. I have been a Mason for I think about 15 years. All my pals were Masons , they just assumed that I was also. Then they kidnapped me and made me join. It has given me some wonderful friends.

Upvote 0

The Serpent

Sep 25, 2003
✟298.00
Billmcelligott,

Although I am not a Mason myself, I have dealt with the masons on many occasions, and I have many friends who are masons. Most of the founding Fathers of this country (men I admire) were Masons. In my experience Freemasonry is an honorable and benevolent organization and I have nothing but fondness for them.

But I think what impresses me the most about Masons is their list of enemies.

Well Serpent you don't communicate with people if you lock them out of the room. I would prefer to have an open door, to allow everyone in.

I’d say that Atheists have no more open to the ideas of Free Masonry than Free Masons are open to the ideas of Atheism. But Agnostics … I’d probably agree with you with regard to them.

Upvote 0