Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Is traditional Adventist like a Fundamentalist Adventist?

Is Ellen G. White a prophet?

Do some SDA deny that White is a prophet?

I read a quote from Ellen White about being addicted to "vinegar." Is that wine?

Is the SDA church growing and if so is it in Africa and Asia, South America, North America?

How do SDA evangelize?

Is Sunday worship the Mark of the Beast?

I'm not here to argue just to ask question.

Thanks.

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is traditional Adventist like a Fundamentalist Adventist?

Is Ellen G. White a prophet?

Do some SDA deny that White is a prophet?

I read a quote from Ellen White about being addicted to "vinegar." Is that wine?

Is the SDA church growing and if so is it in Africa and Asia, South America, North America?

How do SDA evangelize?

Is Sunday worship the Mark of the Beast?

I'm not here to argue just to ask question.

Thanks.
I guess you could call us fundamentalists. We hold to the beliefs of our founders which come directly from the Bible,

Yes some SDAs deny Ellen White is a prophet. A lot of them refer to themselves as evangelical SDAs.

Where did you read that quote as I've never read anything like that. She said not to use vinegar for health reasons and she's been proven right on many things people of her day scoffed at such as she said nicotine was a poison, and meat eating caused cancer. She's been proven correct on those things as it is now proven that eating a vegetarian diet lowers trhe risk of cancer pretty dramatically.

Sunday is not now the mark of the beast. God will bring about a time when He will make it clear to everyone on earth which day of worship is the day He authorized. and when that happens and everyone has had a chance to make their decision one way or the other then it will become the mark of the beast. God is just so He wouldn't cause people to lose their salvation without the opportunity to make an informed decision. He wants to save people not condemn them as He is a God of love.

Thanks for asking as we know how much disinformation is out there.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ellen White said the same thing about white bread that she said about vinegar. She had learned that whole wheat bread wqs much better for us than white bread but she didn't like it so she determined she wsas going to overcome her 'addiction" to white bread the same way she overcome her "addiction" to vinegar.

I've read the story in the past but can't find it right now. I;ll look more later.

Advemtist Todasy is a very anti Ellen White site so I'm not surprised to see this calumny there. They are in fact an anti Adventist site overall as they constantly criticize church policies and doctrines. I don't think I've ever seen them publish anything positive about the denomination. There is so little alcohol in vinegar someone would have to drink gallons of it. to get drunk, At .025% alcohol can you imagine drinking enough vinegar to get drunk. let alone become an alcoholic from drinking it constantly? It's mainly water and acetic acid

Upvote 0