One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have an idea, if you really want to further LGBT causes go to a muslim country and change them, see how that goes over.

We're not talking about me, but thank you for proving you don't want an actual discussion.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ms. Palin did well (for her). She spoke several complete sentences. She, and many others cannot seem to understand the difference between suspending and firing an employee. Please people, get it right. He is not terminated (that's the same thing as fired). He has been suspended. He is being paid for the services performed under contract. He has not lost a nickel. There are several episodes that have been completed that will air as usual. New episodeswon't begin filming until well into next year.

Oh, BTW, what happened to Sarah Palin's Alaska?

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand why people keep dramatizing by exaggerating that he has been silenced or that his right to free speech has been removed ?

Is it because without that false claim he's not a victim ?

He can tell anyone he wants what he believes but that does not mean there may be consequences he doesn't like . A & E is not OBLIGATED to continue to allow him to use his fame associated with their program to spout his beliefs. Which in effect tarnishes THEIR name .

If my name is associated with Pepsi and I went around saying I believe Coke is the best i should be fired .Its ridiculous for me to try and claim they are violating my freedom of speech by firing me I'm entitled to my beliefs .

Upvote 0

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand why people keep dramatizing by exaggerating that he has been silenced or that his right to free speech has been removed ?

Is it because without that false claim he's not a victim ?

He can tell anyone he wants what he believes but that does not mean there may be consequences he doesn't like . A & E is not OBLIGATED to continue to allow him to use his fame associated with their program to spout his beliefs. Which in effect tarnishes THEIR name .

If my name is associated with Pepsi and I went around saying I believe Coke is the best i should be fired .Its ridiculous for me to try and claim they are violating my freedom of speech by firing me I'm entitled to my beliefs .

It's because he said things people agree with. If he'd said being Catholic is a slippery slope to molesting altar boys, there would be a lot more outrage (and rightly so). Essentially, they'll defend him because they agree with him, not because A&E did anything wrong. With this particular issue, many people can't tell the difference.

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The only thing hypocritical is turning a Christan nation into a secular one by a few that sued to legislate to the many and change the whole fabric of our country.

The constitution states we have freedom OF religion . We were never a "Christian nation."We have the right /freedom to practice our religion(whatever one we want) without being persecuted .We also have the right not to have any particular religion forced on us through the government.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The constitution states we have freedom OF religion . We were never a "Christian nation."We have the right /freedom to practice our religion(whatever one we want) without being persecuted .We also have the right not to have any particular religion forced on us through the government.
Yet the ones that claim such freedom have done exactly that.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
We were a Christan nation and were founded on that and I dont care how people twist it that is the fact.

Upvote 0

hollyda

Mar 25, 2011
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We were a Christan nation and were founded on that and I dont care how people twist it that is the fact.

united_states_not_founded_on_christian_religion_photoenlargement-r159baf3179474104809efa6a9a3ab838_am9dx_8byvr_512.jpg

Pesky founding father presidents. Twisting facts that never existed.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
united_states_not_founded_on_christian_religion_photoenlargement-r159baf3179474104809efa6a9a3ab838_am9dx_8byvr_512.jpg

Pesky founding father presidents. Twisting facts that never existed.
And all I have to do is look at their writings and Declaration of Independance to contradict that. I have seen it before and it doesnt change what was written before it by the founding fathers. Facts are pesky when they are ignored or covered over

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And all I have to do is look at their writings and Declaration of Independance to contradict that. I have seen it before and it doesnt change what was written before it by the founding fathers. Facts are pesky when they are ignored or covered over

The Declaration of Independence is a document of a Deist, not a Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hollyda

Mar 25, 2011
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Declaration of Independence - 1776
Constitution - 1787

We weren't the United States when the DoI was written, and it was never a law. It's a document of American history, and an important one. However, it is not, has never been, and never will be a document of American governance. Which, sadly, is what counts.

Do you know the difference?

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yet the ones that claim such freedom have done exactly that.

What religion has been forced on you by the government ? And who is keeping you from practicing your religious beliefs ? And I'm not talking about YOUR religious beliefs interfering with other peoples rights because your claim is that is your freedom .Because its not .Its the other way around. You are not "free" to impose your beliefs on others .

So what has been done exactly ?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[Originally Posted by psalms 91
Keep saying the lie often enough and someone will believe it.

Not me, brother. I got "A's" in American Government, American History and Civics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
This thread isn't about arguing about whether the nation was founded on Christian principles, please.

For those who were trying to say that CF shouldn't censor people, the two incidences aren't related. HOWEVER, if you were over at another forum saying bad things and the staff here at CF punished you for THOSE things, then it would be the same. When I was on staff, we weren't allowed to take things said on other forums into consideration.

As for being employed by Pepsi and saying Coke is better and getting fired? Never happens. I have a ton of friends who work for Pepsi and drink coke AT WORK! That's also like saying someone who works for GM has to drive GM cars. My dad worked for GM his entire life and drove Fords for have of it.

Hobby Lobby hasn't fired anyone for using birth control, nor are they saying their employees can't use birth control. What they said was that they didn't want to pay for it. BIG DIFFERENCE, again, in situations.

I have yet to see A&E make the claim that they had some clause in Phil's contract that didn't allow him to speak like this, and I can't see the Duck family even agreeing to do the show had a clause like that been in it.

I stand by my original assertion that A&E is being intolerant.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
For those who were trying to say that CF shouldn't censor people, the two incidences aren't related. HOWEVER, if you were over at another forum saying bad things and the staff here at CF punished you for THOSE things, then it would be the same. When I was on staff, we weren't allowed to take things said on other forums into consideration.
That's not quite comparable. What if a Christian magazine called you up and asked you to do an interview because of your position in the community as a staff member? What if you were a paid employee of this website and had signed a morals clause in a legal contract?
As for being employed by Pepsi and saying Coke is better and getting fired? Never happens. I have a ton of friends who work for Pepsi and drink coke AT WORK! That's also like saying someone who works for GM has to drive GM cars. My dad worked for GM his entire life and drove Fords for have of it.
Our point is that the company gets to make that choice, not that every company should become Big Brother. And buying something is a bit different than talking to a national magazine.

Upvote 0

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This thread isn't about arguing about whether the nation was founded on Christian principles, please.

Hobby Lobby hasn't fired anyone for using birth control, nor are they saying their employees can't use birth control. What they said was that they didn't want to pay for it. BIG DIFFERENCE, again, in situations.

I have yet to see A&E make the claim that they had some clause in Phil's contract that didn't allow him to speak like this, and I can't see the Duck family even agreeing to do the show had a clause like that been in it.

Right on

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Declaration of Independence is a document of a Deist, not a Christian.

Not only that but it's also not a legal document and it was written before the constitution, which is the highest law in the land. It mostly applies to the government that came before our current government was established.

Upvote 0

hollyda

Mar 25, 2011
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If an employee of any organization says something publicly (on FB, a blog, etc) that could potentially negatively impact the business or alienate the consumer base, is the business entitled to protect themselves? Yes or no?

That's what this comes down to. You don't have to agree that what was said could negatively impact the business, but that wouldn't be your call.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.