Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
'Duck Dynasty' star suspended for anti-gay comments | Inside TV | EW.com

Tolerance: you're doing it wrong.

Tolerance doesn't just mean you tolerate comments and beliefs that you agree with.

I hope Duck Dynasty leaves A&E for better ground.

A&E are hypocrites. (Bikini Barrel Racing comes to mind.)

Don't get me wrong. In my opinion, that dude was crude, backwards, and offensive. Nonetheless, I defend his Constitutional rights to say what he did.

BTW - The "freedom of speech" clause has to do with government, not private business policies, standards, or business decisions, (however great or bad they may be).

Upvote 0

Dusky Mouse

Cats Are In Charge ~ Accept It!
Sep 25, 2013
Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
:clap:It's a beautiful thing! Satan shall be overcome by the righteous!
Good luck threatening Daystar! ;)
:groupray: They'd organize a program where they invite viewer group prayer to circle the homosexuals who are protesting Duck Dynasty! But they won't fire anyone for expressing their Christian views.
And if the homosexuals want to take it to court Daystar's got enough money for that too. And so do their viewers who would send in donations to cover the cost. Which would be returned once the counter lawsuit kicked in. ;)
No Tolerance For Bullies of the Rainbow! The Bible is not Hate Speech!

Unrepentant homosexuals need to fall in line with the cross and repent.
Those ignorant of the faith need to realize Christians don't hate gays.
Mr.Robertson does not hate gays!
We love God's creation. We love homosexuals enough to pray for their souls! That they repent and find Jesus so they don't find out PC, and their pride while on earth cost them eternity in Hell because they thought to silence God's word rather than obey it!

Some Atheists claim Hell is a fictional place meant to keep people in line.
Hey, wanna bet eternity on that?

I just saw this on Facebook, my sister. Check it out!!

Daystar Offers a New Home to Duck Dynasty Family

1462979_10151830230758342_1057978667_n.jpg

Upvote 0
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

I don't think you get it.
They are punishing him for speaking freely his beliefs. They are intending to stop him from speaking his beliefs due to what they intend it to cost him if he speaks.
Saying he needs to fall in line, implies Robertson needs to stop speaking about scriptures that condemn homosexuals behavior.
They are in essence stopping him from speaking his beliefs through the implied intimidation tactics employed with harassing those he's affiliated with professionally. As a means of sending him the message that if he speaks out he's going to lose his job.

Category Mistake!
Never fails. There isn't a thread in this forum I don't think that doesn't have someone insulting the black race by comparing their civil rights struggles to the homosexuals lifestyle and behaviors.

That's why Humanist (Atheists) join Christian forums! So they can hear over and over and over again what they don't care about.

^_^ How's it working out for you so far?
Bet eternity on what you think you know? Or is it just easier to say, "nuh uh! Aint true!' While being a member of a Christian forum.
See, if it didn't mean anything to you you wouldn't be here.
You're either here because deep down inside you're desperate to find Jesus. Or you're trolling and flame baiting.
If you're here to find Jesus, God bless you.
If you're Trolling, God be with you. Because if your life was so great being a Humanist you would find something else to do with the time you have left to live your one and only life.

Again, Amen!! :preach:

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTEThey are punishing him for speaking freely his beliefs.][/QUOTE]

I don't think you get it . There is a difference between consequences and punishment.

He's not ENTITLED to be accepted by the private sector if the private sector decides to reject him . If he does not like those consequences Oh well. Its still his choice.

Upvote 0
D

DiligentlySeekingGod

:clap:It's a beautiful thing! Satan shall be overcome by the righteous!
Good luck threatening Daystar! ;)
:groupray: They'd organize a program where they invite viewer group prayer to circle the homosexuals who are protesting Duck Dynasty! But they won't fire anyone for expressing their Christian views.
And if the homosexuals want to take it to court Daystar's got enough money for that too. And so do their viewers who would send in donations to cover the cost. Which would be returned once the counter lawsuit kicked in. ;)
No Tolerance For Bullies of the Rainbow! The Bible is not Hate Speech!

Unrepentant homosexuals need to fall in line with the cross and repent.
Those ignorant of the faith need to realize Christians don't hate gays.
Mr.Robertson does not hate gays!
We love God's creation. We love homosexuals enough to pray for their souls! That they repent and find Jesus so they don't find out PC, and their pride while on earth cost them eternity in Hell because they thought to silence God's word rather than obey it!

Some Atheists claim Hell is a fictional place meant to keep people in line.
Hey, wanna bet eternity on that?

Amen sister.

Upvote 0

Saleena

A whole new rage.
Aug 12, 2013
✟6,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Your sigs lose about 85% of their obnoxiousness when the viewer simply taps the "Esc" button. You're not the only one with annoying animated sigs....I freeze 'em all the time.

Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Well, there you, go Phil: if that ain't tolerance, I don't know what is.

Can you feel the love? ^_^

Shhhhh sweetie, shhhhh want I should make it part of my post instead? I bet that would be better and easier. I could make it all throbbing and awesome and full of zazz.

Also commence the circle jerk. I see I am a bit late in that post though.

You guys do realize that you are also supporting racism?

I don't suppose anyone wants to find a biblical justification for that?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟279,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He's not ENTITLED to be accepted by the private sector if the private sector decides to reject him . If he does not like those consequences Oh well. Its still his choice.

Careful. That's a sword that cuts both ways. ;)

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That's why Humanist (Atheists) join Christian forums! So they can hear over and over and over again what they don't care about.

No I don't think so . So they can voice their concerns that Christians aren't the law of the land . Which the laws of our land is something they do care about .And rightfully so as the laws affect every one of us.

Upvote 0

Dusky Mouse

Cats Are In Charge ~ Accept It!
Sep 25, 2013
Adelaide S.Australia
✟2,598.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No I don't think so . So they can voice their concerns that Christians aren't the law of the land . Which the laws of our land is something they do care about .And rightfully so as the laws affect every one of us.
Only someone completely ignorant of the law of the land think Christians rule America!

Reactions: mandyangel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟558,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps that is true. However, to be honest, I pray (desperately so) that Christ comes before this depraved and immoral humanity lasts for another 150 years. I don't want my descendants living in a world like this. It's horrible enough that my own children have to. But I'm sure God's patience will run out sometime and He will bring all of this immoral depravity to an end, thus restoring the earth from sin and corruption.
Yeah. Or he might wait another 2000 years. I myself, try not to be so cynical about the future though. Call me optimistic.

Category Mistake!
Never fails. There isn't a thread in this forum I don't think that doesn't have someone insulting the black race by comparing their civil rights struggles to the homosexuals lifestyle and behaviors.
Please explain how I insulted the black community by pointing out that homosexuals are going through much of the same that blacks went through in their fight for acceptance. Now, we never rounded them up and forced them to be slaves but you'd have to be a conservative to not see the parallels between the two.

I can only speak for myself here but I joined the forum to engage in reasoned debates with people and to clear up misconceptions that prideful Christians might have regarding atheists, evolution, politics.... Etc.
I have no intention of becoming Christian. That would be foolish on my part.

^_^ How's it working out for you so far?
Staff Edit

Bet eternity on what you think you know? Or is it just easier to say, "nuh uh! Aint true!' While being a member of a Christian forum.
See, if it didn't mean anything to you you wouldn't be here.
You're either here because deep down inside you're desperate to find Jesus. Or you're trolling and flame baiting.
You know nothing as to why I'm here.
If you're here to find Jesus, God bless you.
Believe me, if I were looking for Jesus, I wouldn't be looking here.

If you're Trolling, God be with you. Because if your life was so great being a Humanist you would find something else to do with the time you have left to live your one and only life.
I mostly stick around because this is way more interesting than watching television. Especially with shows like Dumb Dynasty on the air nowadays. And contrary to what you might think, my life doesn't revolve around Christian Forums. There's a lot more to my life than what I'm willing to tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

mandyangel

Aug 27, 2010
✟18,392.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My dad loves Duck Dynasty and we watch Rodeo Girls together. We both decided that A&E is intolerant bigots but that were still gonna watch Rodeo Girls, A&E punished one Christian show but the Ducks will come back and A&E will feel it. There is like NOTHING good or decently moral on TV nowdays, I'm taking it where I can find it: Duck Dynasty, the Dougards, Supernanny, Rodeo Girls, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, and Fox News is all I watch anyway.

Upvote 0

QueSeraSera

Training Wheels
Oct 7, 2013
In a good place
✟16,716.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I mostly stick around because this is way more interesting than watching television. Especially with shows like Dumb Dynasty on the air nowadays. And contrary to what you might think, my life doesn't revolve around Christian Forums. There's a lot more to my life than what I'm willing to tell you.

:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,759,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread is closed for review. As a reminder, the site rules include:

● Do not promote homosexuality on Christian Forums. Homosexuality can only be discussed, without promotion, in Christian Communities and Faith Groups. Homosexuality may also be discussed in the Recovery and Ask a Chaplain forums solely for the purpose of seeking support with struggles overcoming same-sex attractions, and homosexual issues.

Edit to say it is staying closed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.