A dream of missionary work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeSaveDave

If Christ be anything He must be everything.
Dec 5, 2003
Indiana
✟17,401.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I have this deep desire to run and do mission work in the worst parts of our world. I want nothing more than to bring the love of Christ in tangible ways to the people who need it most. To share the gospel with the lowest of us.

Unfortunately, I am barely getting by financially. Also, I have health issues. I pray continually for healing. And I have told the Lord that even if all he ever has me do is show kindness to a cashier at Walmart, if that was my mission, that one thing, then I will be ever thankful for the chance to serve Him. But after surviving severe child abuse and gang violence I have a heart for the hurting. I lay in bed and night and cry at times, knowing that somewhere out there, there is a child suffering like I did. Sleeping hungry, bruised, in a cold alley. Wondering if he'she will be alive in the morning.

With such a strong calling in a particular direction, I wonder why the path has been so difficult and the Lord hasn't yet made this happen. My gift from God is so obviously the ability to empathize with the hurting. I just feel like this gift is being wasted. I believe He has the best plan. And I believe He will work things out for the best.

I ask that you pray for these things:

1. That I do not lose heart. Through the physical and mental setbacks. That I remain faithful and trust Him.

2. That the Lord would heal me, in His will, when the time is right. And meanwhile, that I am able to put myself to use in some way for the cause of the beautiful gospel and that I am able to reach people in need.

3. That financially things would improve. I am having trouble getting by day-by-day. As far as I know, mission trips cost a lot of money. If anyone has advice on this it would be so very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time and friendships.

Your brother, David

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Praying for all your needs of body, mind, and spirit :crossrc:

Keep in mind....if the Lord wills it...it WILL happen :thumbsup:

Mother Teresa always said (I'm ad libbing here).....that when people asked her how they could help her missions in India, she told them to start with THEIR NEIGHBORS AND THEIR FAMILIES; many times the 'poorest of the poor' were closest to home.
So in the meantime...ask the Lord to show you what souls to love WHERE YOU ARE :angel:

May He bless you in His Merciful Love :crossrc:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have this deep desire to run and do mission work in the worst parts of our world. I want nothing more than to bring the love of Christ in tangible ways to the people who need it most. To share the gospel with the lowest of us.

Unfortunately, I am barely getting by financially. Also, I have health issues. I pray continually for healing. And I have told the Lord that even if all he ever has me do is show kindness to a cashier at Walmart, if that was my mission, that one thing, then I will be ever thankful for the chance to serve Him. But after surviving severe child abuse and gang violence I have a heart for the hurting. I lay in bed and night and cry at times, knowing that somewhere out there, there is a child suffering like I did. Sleeping hungry, bruised, in a cold alley. Wondering if he'she will be alive in the morning.

With such a strong calling in a particular direction, I wonder why the path has been so difficult and the Lord hasn't yet made this happen. My gift from God is so obviously the ability to empathize with the hurting. I just feel like this gift is being wasted. I believe He has the best plan. And I believe He will work things out for the best.

I ask that you pray for these things:

1. That I do not lose heart. Through the physical and mental setbacks. That I remain faithful and trust Him.

2. That the Lord would heal me, in His will, when the time is right. And meanwhile, that I am able to put myself to use in some way for the cause of the beautiful gospel and that I am able to reach people in need.

3. That financially things would improve. I am having trouble getting by day-by-day. As far as I know, mission trips cost a lot of money. If anyone has advice on this it would be so very much appreciated.

Thanks for your time and friendships.

Your brother, David
There are so many people right in this country who are living as pagans and need help of all kinds. I will pray that you will serve wherever Messiah wishes. Also praying that you will receive physical and financial healing.

Upvote 0

Cdnguy37

Aug 8, 2012
✟15,121.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If you do some research you might be able to find some groups that are looking for new staff, and not just these types where you have to pay your own way at an inflated cost. I'm kinda like you, I try to do what I can. I know I likely would not fly long distance to do a bunch of work but what I realized is that the web is the best place to do missionary work. The best place to start is youtube. Just post videos talking to people who are facing problems like: suicidal, despression, abuse, alcoholism, drugs, rape, etc etc. Make a bunch of videos that use scripture as a basis to comfort and speak to these hurting people. Also the beauty of the web is it's 24/7/365, so your video might be playing speaking a message of hope to someone across the globe even while your in bed sleeping. It could be watched over and over again. And it's free for you to start doing. So there's one idea. Another idea might be to do the same thing but make a blog. If you use Tumbler it's such an easy blogging site. You can create a blog in minutes. And post on there your message. So hopefully that gives you a few ideas. Dear lord please help this person, give them direction, guidence and strength to reach out to others. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.