A Dallas-born citizen picked up by the Border Patrol has been detained for three weeks

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,907.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,907.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
A Dallas-born citizen picked up by the Border Patrol has been detained for three weeks

It's easy to support racist practices by government officials when you know no one is likely to stop you because of how you look.

Racist practices?

"Galan said that the confusion from CBP may stem from the fact that Sanjuana solicited a visitors visa for Francisco when he was a minor and falsely claimed that he was born in Mexico."

You know, that old racist canard of expecting you to tell the truth on government forms lol. Oldest trick in the racist book.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
The hospital on his birth certificate should have records.

The immigration lawyer said CBP & ICE had been provided with his birth certificate, health insurance card, HS ID card & other forms of documents to prove he's a U.S. citizen but they still kept him locked up. He's only 18. :(

Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I remember a few yrs ago when the Pokemon Go craze was at its peak some Canadian teenagers accidentally crossed the border into the US bc of the game. They were only detained until they could be picked up by their parents. They didn't have ID on them.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I remember a few yrs ago when the Pokemon Go craze was at its peak some Canadian teenagers accidentally crossed the border into the US bc of the game. They were only detained until they could be picked up by their parents. They didn't have ID on them.

It is not always that easy. Several years ago a young Canadian man was boating on the Niagara River. He got into trouble and had to swim for the nearest shore. He was picked up by the US Coast Guard and turned over to the Border Control people. It took the best part of the week to get him home. Unbelievable!

But my favourite story is a little different. A Canadian man was driving in Niagara Falls NY and committed a crime of some nature. It ended up in a police chase. He headed to the border, crossed the bridge and blew through Canadian customs into Niagara Falls Ontario with the police car right behind. The US police arrested him on his own driveway. Five seconds later the RCMP pulled up and arrested the American cops and impounded their cruiser.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Francisco Galicia, U.S. citizen held by CBP, ICE for three weeks, has been released | Immigration | Dallas News
Francisco Erwin Galicia, the Dallas-born U.S. citizen who spent three weeks in the custody of U.S. Customs and Border Protection and Immigration and Customs Enforcement, was released Tuesday afternoon.

Galicia’s case garnered national attention. The Dallas Morning News first reported on Monday that the 18-year-old had been held in CBP and ICE custody since June 27.

I guess they realized this is not a good story to have in the news.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me get this straight: his mother told the immigration authorities that her son was a Mexican citizen, not a US one.

Then, when he was stopped at a checkpoint, the computer flagged him as a Mexican citizen, not a US one.

I'm not seeing any unreasonable conduct on the part of CBP here.

I suppose that could be because you are not seeing what is not there. For those that sincerely wish to see something they can convince themselves that they see it whether it actually is there or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,708.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What I find most appalling is that this teen spent weeks in detention before even being allowed a phone call to his family.
Constitutional rights only apply to us citizens.

Upvote 0