A COUPLE OF REASONS THAT PAUL WROTE HEBREWS !!

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe hat Peter said about Paul in 2 Peter 3:15-16 that Paul had written a letter to his people and if it as not Hebrews , then here is it .

and if it as lost , then the canon is not complete .

#2 Paul n did have a ministry to Israel in Acts 9:15

#3 Paul is the n only one in the New Testament who who wrote about the n passing away of the Law of Moses 2 Cor 3:11 !!

#4 As to why it why it as UNSIGNED ,because they are felt he was a TRAITOR .because Paul was a known Pharisee.

dan p

Last edited:

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe hat Peter said about Paul in 2 Peter 3:15-16 that Paul had written a letter to his people and if it as not Hebrews , then here is it .

and if it as lost , then the canon is not complete .

#2 Paul n did have a ministry to Israel in Acts 9:15

#3 Paul is the n only one in the New Testament who who wrote about the n passing away of the Law of Moses 2 Cor 3:11 !!

#4 As to why it why it as UNSIGNED ,because they are felt he was a TRAITOR .because Paul a known undern the La a Pharisee.

dan p
There is a distinction between "moral law" and "ceremonial law". The moral law continues into the New Testament era, but the ceremonial law was done away with by Jesus. He became our high priest and no longer a need for earthly priests and temples.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a distinction between "moral law" and "ceremonial law". The moral law continues into the New Testament era, but the ceremonial law was done away with by Jesus. He became our high priest and no longer a need for earthly priests and temples.
You say that the MORAL LAW and the Ceremonial LAW separate from each other , and can you give a verse for that , please ?

Your thoughts on when Christ becomes our High Priest with a verse ?

And why do we need a HIGH PRIEST in the body of Christ ?

And there is no need of a HIGH PRIEST in the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM ?

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You say that the MORAL LAW and the Ceremonial LAW separate from each other , and can you give a verse for that , please ?

Your thoughts on when Christ becomes our High Priest ith a verse ?

And why do we need a HIGH PRIEST in then body of Christ ?

And there is no need of a HIGH PRIEST in the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM ?

dan p
The moral law of the Ten Commandments was not given by inspiration, but was written by God’s own finger on tables of stone.

The moral law is the embodiment of two great principles: Love toward our Creator and love toward our neighbor.

Of the moral law Jesus says, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:17-19).

The ceremonial or provisional law was added because of the transgression of the moral law. The ceremonial law consisted of ordinances, ceremonies and sacrifices in the sanctuary system that pointed to the future redemption through Jesus Christ.

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ" (Colossians 2:14-17).

God instructed Moses to put the tablets of stone written by God in the ark (under the mercy seat) ... the handwritten laws and ordinances were placed outside the ark ... this gives us a symbolic representation of the separation of the two.

Hebrews 7

Jesus Compared to Melchizedek​

11 Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? 12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well. 13 For the one of whom these things are spoken belonged to another tribe, from which no one has ever served at the altar. 14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.

15 This becomes even more evident when another priest arises in the likeness of Melchizedek (Jesus), 16 who has become a priest, not on the basis of a legal requirement concerning bodily descent, but by the power of an indestructible life. 17 For it is witnessed of him,

“You (Jesus) are a priest forever,
after the order of Melchizedek.”

Hebrews 8

Christ’s Eternal Priesthood

1The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2and who ministers in the sanctuary *and true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by man. 3And since every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, it was necessary for this One also to have something to offer.

The earthly sanctuary was a shadow of the true .... (a earthly example to help us understand the heavenly)

4Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are already priests who offer gifts according to the law. 5The place where they serve is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”

"The millennium is the thousand-year reign of Christ with His saints in heaven between the first and second resurrections

Types and antitypes are used extensively throughout the Word of God. There are MANY.

Typology has to do with New Testament indications of patterns and people in the Old Testament that were to serve as pre-figured shapes of what Christ would do. Adam is one clear example of an Old Testament person who is said to be a type of Christ. He (1st Adam was originally created as the head of the human race, with Christ typified as the 2nd Adam - Matthew 28:18 ) another example Jonah 3 days and nights in the belly of a whale verses Christ 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth.

Matthew 28:18
Berean Literal Bible
And having come to them, Jesus spoke to them, saying, "All authority in heaven and on the earth has been given to Me.

The earthly sanctuary was a type of of the heavenly sanctuary (the REAL one), it's purpose was to give us a picture of how salvation would be completed through Christ. It had no redeeming quality of its own ... it was pointing to our Savior who would come and provide the path back to Him.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The moral law of the Ten Commandments was not given by inspiration, but was written by God’s own finger on tables of stone.

The moral law is the embodiment of two great principles: Love toward our Creator and love toward our neighbor.

Of the moral law Jesus says, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 5:17-19).

The ceremonial or provisional law was added because of the transgression of the moral law. The ceremonial law consisted of ordinances, ceremonies and sacrifices in the sanctuary system that pointed to the future redemption through Jesus Christ.

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ" (Colossians 2:14-17).

God instructed Moses to put the tablets of stone written by God in the ark (under the mercy seat) ... the handwritten laws and ordinances were placed outside the ark ... this gives us a symbolic representation of the separation of the two.

Hebrews 7

11 Now if perfection had been attainable through the Levitical priesthood (for under it the people received the law), what further need would there have been for another priest to arise after the order of Melchizedek, rather than one named after the order of Aaron? 12 For when there is a change in the priesthood, there is necessarily a change in the law as well. 13 For the one of whom these things are spoken belonged to another tribe, from which no one has ever served at the altar. 14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah, and in connection with that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.

15 This becomes even more evident when another priest arises in the likeness of Melchizedek (Jesus), 16 who has become a priest, not on the basis of a legal requirement concerning bodily descent, but by the power of an indestructible life. 17 For it is witnessed of him,

Hebrews 8

1The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, 2and who ministers in the sanctuary *and true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by man. 3And since every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices, it was necessary for this One also to have something to offer.

The earthly sanctuary was a shadow of the true .... (a earthly example to help us understand the heavenly)

4Now if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are already priests who offer gifts according to the law. 5The place where they serve is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”

"The millennium is the thousand-year reign of Christ with His saints in heaven between the first and second resurrections

Types and antitypes are used extensively throughout the Word of God. There are MANY.

Typology has to do with New Testament indications of patterns and people in the Old Testament that were to serve as pre-figured shapes of what Christ would do. Adam is one clear example of an Old Testament person who is said to be a type of Christ. He (1st Adam was originally created as the head of the human race, with Christ typified as the 2nd Adam - Matthew 28:18 ) another example Jonah 3 days and nights in the belly of a whale verses Christ 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth.

Berean Literal Bible
And having come to them, Jesus spoke to them, saying, "All authority in heaven and on the earth has been given to Me.

The earthly sanctuary was a type of of the heavenly sanctuary (the REAL one), it's purpose was to give us a picture of how salvation would be completed through Christ. It had no redeeming quality of its own ... it was pointing to our Savior who would come and provide the path back to Him.
Just a couple of observations !!

#1 In 2 Tim 3:16 it says ALL // PAS is an adjective in the NOMINAIVE CASE , in the Singular and does ALL means ALL ?

#2 ALL ( SCRIPTURE // GRAPHE , then mean ALL SCRIPTURE , does that mean ALL SCRIPTURE is God BREATHED .

#3 Your thoughts as too who as MELCHISEDEC in the OT ?

#4 Need a verse that the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM will be in Heaven ??

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just a couple of observations !!

#1 In 2 Tim 3:16 it says ALL // PAS is an adjective in the NOMINAIVE CASE , in the Singular and does ALL means ALL ?

#2 ALL ( SCRIPTURE // GRAPHE , then mean ALL SCRIPTURE , does that mean ALL SCRIPTURE is God BREATHED .

#3 Your thoughts as too who as MELCHISEDEC in the OT ?

#4 Need a verse that the MILLENNIAL KINGDOM ill be in Heaven ??

dan p
Jeremiah 4:23-25, NIV. "I looked at the earth, and it was formless and empty; and at the heavens, and their light was gone. I looked at the mountains, and they were quaking; all the hills were swaying. I looked, and there were no people; every bird in the sky had flown away."

The wicked remain in their graves for a thousand years. Revelation 20:4-5, NIV. "[God's people] came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.)"

"And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain. He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. He threw him in the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations any more until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time."

Where is Jesus? He's in heaven

2In My Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and welcome you into My presence, so that you also may be where I am

The short of it
  1. Jesus will descend on a cloud (of angels).
  2. The righteous dead will rise from their graves and up to the cloud with Jesus.
  3. The righteous living will rise up to the clouds with Jesus and “always be with the Lord” (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 ESV).
Melchizedek was both a king and priest. he prefigured Christ. He was also superior to Abraham, since Abraham paid him tithe. Likewise, Jesus is king and priest (Hebrews 1:3); unlike Melchizedek, however, Jesus was sinless (Hebrews 7:26-28).

Hebrews uses the silence of Scripture regarding Melchizedek’s birth, death, and genealogy to build a typology, symbol, for Jesus’ priestly ministry (Genesis 14:18-20) and reveals that Jesus Himself was eternal. In short, Melchizedek was a Canaanite king-priest who served as a type of Christ (similar in that he was both king and priest).

His coming.
When Jesus returns He returns in FULL glory .... no sinful being can be un His presence unless they are changed. When He returns the 1st resurrection happens (of the saved) and they are changed (and taken to heaven) ... those left on earth are not changed and are destroyed by the brightness of His coming ... (full glory)

Nobody can see God face to face in their sinful state and live .... Example: On Mt Sinai, Moses had to be hidden in the cleft of the rock.

Exodus 33:20
New International Version
But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.”

When Jesus returns all judgement has taken place ... but that is not the full end (2nd resurrection - of the lost still to come after the 1,000 years.

Revelation 20

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them….. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished.

It is one of the reasons Jesus was conceived in human form .... so He could interact face to face with mankind.

There is no reason for Jesus to reign on present earth .... the door to salvation is open to anyone until His return (including the jews)

It is finished (the way back to Him is available) until He returns.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hebrews 7

Hebrews 8

Berean Literal Bible

Can you [lease sho a verse that the Millennium will be in heaven ?

Since we are in Christ and we are n IN CHRIST and we are in Christ , 1 Cor 12:15 says that the body is made of many members !!

#1 many here are his FEET !!

#2 Many are His Hands !

#3 Many are His Ears !

#4 Many ill be Eyes !!

#5 Sense of Hearing

#6 Many are His sense of Smell , while e all minister for Him on earth .

#7 And since we are His Body and He is the HEAD , we are CHRIST , and that is AWE-SOME.

# 8 And in 1 Cor 6:1 you all better know how to JUDGE , WHY ??

#9 BECASE , in verse 2 e ill Govern Christ's UNIVERSE and also GOVERN , Angels .

dan p

Upvote 0