North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
But you see, Satan is in this story, whether he is stated in print or not. Anything that is not of God is of Satan...period. There are no gray areas.

This book written to change people's prospective of God. The word "fiction" is just to hide this purpose. It is kind of like saying "no offense" right before offending someone.

Perfectly stated,God Bless You! :prayer::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well...I live in gray areas...so there you go.

Did this book change your perspective of God? Probably not. For people that already envision a God like this...it's just adding more colors to the picture they have. For those that can't fathom a God like this...it's an abomination. So I stand by my statement that where you are on that great big Christian spectrum is likely to determing how you feel about this book.

There are no gray areas...so if you are not in the light, then there is only the gnashing of teeth to talk to.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Like The Shack in what way?

I think maybe some Frank Peretti books might fit the bill, or perhaps The Heart Reader, by Terri Blackstock (originally published anonymously), or..... but I'm not sure what about The Shack was appealing to you.

Upvote 0

airest

Learning Daily
May 12, 2006
USA
✟7,843.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This book was given to me by a friend. I read it and found it interesting but some of the things in the book did not sit well with my spirit. I read it more than a few months ago so I can't remember exactly what it was that I didn't like, I just know it didn't feel right to me. I think the message of being loved unconditionally by GOD is wonderful but I don't know about this book. My friend suggested I read it more than once to get a better understanding of it but I really don't want to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums